PDA

View Full Version : Ice-Climbers Cosplay!!

Zymod
11-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Hey guys!!

I'm wondering if anyone has a method my friend and I could use to make Popo and Nana's stupidly huge mallets? XD We wanted them to be fairly solid and weigh a bit. :P
And we also wanted to know the best way to go about making the jacket? Were slightly modifying the characters a little so there more humanoid than gorgeous puffs of fluff with mallets, so we have decided on:
POPO:
- Basic Blue Hoodie with white fur around the hood, down the centre, on the sleeves and hem.
- Blue trackies
- Brown Ugg Boots
- Brown Gloves

NANA:
- The Same hoodie as Popo but in Pink
- Pink Leggings
- Brown ugg boots
- Brown gloves

With the hoodies, we wanted a 'flap' thingie that goes around the neck with the thinner line of fur on it.....

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/iceclimbers/iceclimbers_070914d-l.jpg

You can see it in that picture of them. We wanted to know the best way to get that.

Thank for any help!!
<3
~Zymod

CaitSith
03-19-2012, 03:00 AM
I'd be using fake fur with the jackets. And get those hoodie jackets that aren't just cotton, the kinda fluffy ones :3 awwwwww its gonna look so cute! I really want to do an IC cosplay with my best buddy. As for the mallets, wood handle and hard foam for the top. :)

kaligoddess
03-03-2013, 07:15 PM
As someone who has toted around the giant mallets, you don't want them to 'weigh a bit'. They get heavy and obnoxious REALLY quickly, especially in crowded areas because you end up needed to carry them over people's heads.

To make our coats and hoods, I actually used a generic solid shirt pattern for the basic shape and added the trim/opening. The hoods are patterned off another hood pattern I had with a circle attached. They went over the top of the coat. You could also use Green Pepper 543 and just extend the bottom and leave off the pockets.

ETA: WTF? Why did this show up as a new post for me?