PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royale group...

Kusanagi
12-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Anyone planning to cosplay as characters from Battle Royale? I plan on going as the manga version of Kiriyama. I wanna be a cold blooded killer for a change :devil:

TyJILDown
12-11-2003, 05:15 PM
I'm not quite sure if I shall be doing a Battle Royale costume for Katsu yet. I have the collar coming my way but I am undecided.

Kusanagi
12-12-2003, 04:13 PM
Manga version or movie version? ^_^

Giant Alucard
12-13-2003, 01:51 PM
I'm not sure at the moment, But I'm going to try and cosplay Kiriyama if I can. Not sure If I'll do the manga or movie version though.

Kusanagi
12-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Haha, do the movie version and we can be Dopplegangers XD

twentystitches
12-19-2003, 02:57 PM
I might spiff up and bring my Oneesan outfit. It was missing a couple of things at Otakon... *hmm*

lilsugarchan
01-08-2004, 08:37 AM
mitsuko is definately the character for me..except for the whole sleeping around and killing people...but i like the whole dark mystery of her character...

yuffieleonheart
01-08-2004, 07:45 PM
>.>; i might bring my br costume if there's gonna be a br group or somthing... that's IF i even go to katsu ;o;...

Eurobeat King
01-09-2004, 02:41 AM
I wonder if anyone will be dressing up from Battle Royale 2 at the gathering, since I just finished watching it on DVD tonight, :D (pretty good sequel, although I did have some gripes with it.. *no spoilers here*) and so now I await to see which convention(s) in 2004 will have cosplayers from BR2. :) But if there's a gathering of BR1 cosplayers at Katsu, I'll be there to take pictures!

Yuffie: When you check it out, look at the main girl, Shiori Kitano.. When I was watching it, I said "Hey! It's a Japanese version of Nikki, who has the similar hairstyle & face." ;) Yesh, you MUST go to Katsu!! Won't be the same w/o you.. :lost:

yuffieleonheart
01-09-2004, 04:20 PM
XD i wanted to cosplay honami from br 2 ^^; oh and yea i'm coming :: just got the confirmation today ^_^ ::

Eurobeat King
01-10-2004, 01:34 AM
Yuffie: Schweet! :) Glad to hear that you're going to make it.. 100%! Which one was Honami again? (I've seen it only once so far, but the fact that only a few girls stood out, I'm not sure if she was a major character.. *one of my gripes which I don't want to spoil..*)

Kakashi718
01-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Unfortunatly, I still have YET to hear from elfeater/brokensunglasses after 2 months since my last contact. Had ordered collars for 4 people, including myself, hoping to BR costume for Katsucon so I am not sure if if I'll be getting them anytime soon...

Shastar
01-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Well, I cosplayed as Teacher version Kitano back at K-2002, I have the grey track suit now, so all I need is my clear umbrella and a clipboard and I'm all set for Island version Kitano^_^

You know, I'm really surprised not more people have done him.

Dan

Giant Alucard
01-14-2004, 10:09 AM
LOL, i can see you doing him. I actually talked my friend into doing him if he goes to Katsucon this year *which he will do even even if we have to drag him with us, lol*.
You should also carry around a bag of cookies or something to eat like Kitano does in the movie.

Kusanagi
01-15-2004, 01:55 PM
So wait, which ones are doing movie versions and which ones are doing manga versions?

Hey Al, think you can get me a copy of the BR2 DVD? I'll pay ya at Katsu.

sandruu
01-15-2004, 11:32 PM
I am all for BR cosplay! I plan on doing BR1 movie costume as a random student. I need to figure out a way to apply blood and posible rips/cuts. My collar is extreamly getto but if anyone can make me one with getting a new one I have moneys. I am willing to pay up to $20 for a good looking one. e-mail me if ya can make on or have an extra to sell or heck just let me borrow for the con and i'll give it back. PLEASE! I am also need to get the S on the tie but that is just lazyness. :P
-Justin ^_^'
BR ADDICT!
Movie: seen 1 over 10 times, 2 about 2 times
Manga: Just finished 5... must get 6!
Novel: started it
Other: BR pics in room, in BR mailing list, and much more.

ChichiriFreak
01-16-2004, 09:43 AM
I might bring my Satomi Noda costume...buut I have no Collar either..>__<.

AndoMasanobu
02-06-2004, 10:08 PM
i was thinking about bringing my nuriko cosplay but im still not sure yet. i know my Bf wanted to whip out his kiriyama one more time. since his hair has been and is PERFECT for the movie version>.<', downside he can carry a gun at katsu. but since otakon last year the blinking mecanism in my collar died and i cant find one to replace it, i also got a rip in my umbrella. i might just stick with my jrock cosplays *shrugs*

AndoMasanobu
02-06-2004, 10:10 PM
my bad, cant carry a gun, *bad typer bad!*

aku
02-06-2004, 11:04 PM
>sigh< I'm going to be Kiriyama too. =\

He's the only guy I can pull off decently.

I'm going to try making a decent replica of the collars from the movie. I've done some research, and it turns out that they're not that hard, nor expensive, to make.

AndoMasanobu
02-07-2004, 10:09 AM
aku- its really not hard at all, i've made several. ones that blink and ones that dont and most of the supplies you can get at a craft store. all you really need is aluminum flashing for the exterior band, a thin black foam rubber craft sheet for the inner band, a super strong adhesive that works on metal, and exposed photo paper for the collar screen (or any other shiny black paper). also to make it durable, go to a hardware store and get a pumbers bracket (round thin metal loop with a lock at the end, really cheap)it keeps the collar lose and rounded, for an authentic look, and you can use the lock on the bracket as the collars closure

Kusanagi
02-08-2004, 11:22 PM
SOOO.....

When and where did you guys all want to meet up?

aku
02-09-2004, 12:56 AM
I just finished making a collar. I just want some feedback on whether or not it looks decent enough to use for Katsu. If not, I'll try to make another that looks more authentic.

bigwil
02-09-2004, 11:11 AM
if anybody going to bring and show BR1or2?,let me know I've been wanting to see them.

Kusanagi
02-09-2004, 11:43 PM
I'll ask again:

Where and when do you guys want to meet up for pictures?

AndoMasanobu
02-10-2004, 11:48 PM
very good collar aku! nice j-erb!>.<'!