View Full Version : Battle Royale group...

12-11-2003, 03:24 PM
Anyone planning to cosplay as characters from Battle Royale? I plan on going as the manga version of Kiriyama. I wanna be a cold blooded killer for a change :devil:

12-11-2003, 06:15 PM
I'm not quite sure if I shall be doing a Battle Royale costume for Katsu yet. I have the collar coming my way but I am undecided.

12-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Manga version or movie version? ^_^

Giant Alucard
12-13-2003, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure at the moment, But I'm going to try and cosplay Kiriyama if I can. Not sure If I'll do the manga or movie version though.

12-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Haha, do the movie version and we can be Dopplegangers XD

12-19-2003, 03:57 PM
I might spiff up and bring my Oneesan outfit. It was missing a couple of things at Otakon... *hmm*

01-08-2004, 09:37 AM
mitsuko is definately the character for me..except for the whole sleeping around and killing people...but i like the whole dark mystery of her character...

01-08-2004, 08:45 PM
>.>; i might bring my br costume if there's gonna be a br group or somthing... that's IF i even go to katsu ;o;...

Eurobeat King
01-09-2004, 03:41 AM
I wonder if anyone will be dressing up from Battle Royale 2 at the gathering, since I just finished watching it on DVD tonight, :D (pretty good sequel, although I did have some gripes with it.. *no spoilers here*) and so now I await to see which convention(s) in 2004 will have cosplayers from BR2. :) But if there's a gathering of BR1 cosplayers at Katsu, I'll be there to take pictures!

Yuffie: When you check it out, look at the main girl, Shiori Kitano.. When I was watching it, I said "Hey! It's a Japanese version of Nikki, who has the similar hairstyle & face." ;) Yesh, you MUST go to Katsu!! Won't be the same w/o you.. :lost:

01-09-2004, 05:20 PM
XD i wanted to cosplay honami from br 2 ^^; oh and yea i'm coming :: just got the confirmation today ^_^ ::

Eurobeat King
01-10-2004, 02:34 AM
Yuffie: Schweet! :) Glad to hear that you're going to make it.. 100%! Which one was Honami again? (I've seen it only once so far, but the fact that only a few girls stood out, I'm not sure if she was a major character.. *one of my gripes which I don't want to spoil..*)

01-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Unfortunatly, I still have YET to hear from elfeater/brokensunglasses after 2 months since my last contact. Had ordered collars for 4 people, including myself, hoping to BR costume for Katsucon so I am not sure if if I'll be getting them anytime soon...

01-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Well, I cosplayed as Teacher version Kitano back at K-2002, I have the grey track suit now, so all I need is my clear umbrella and a clipboard and I'm all set for Island version Kitano^_^

You know, I'm really surprised not more people have done him.

Giant Alucard
01-14-2004, 11:09 AM
LOL, i can see you doing him. I actually talked my friend into doing him if he goes to Katsucon this year *which he will do even even if we have to drag him with us, lol*.
You should also carry around a bag of cookies or something to eat like Kitano does in the movie.

01-15-2004, 02:55 PM
So wait, which ones are doing movie versions and which ones are doing manga versions?

Hey Al, think you can get me a copy of the BR2 DVD? I'll pay ya at Katsu.

01-16-2004, 12:32 AM
I am all for BR cosplay! I plan on doing BR1 movie costume as a random student. I need to figure out a way to apply blood and posible rips/cuts. My collar is extreamly getto but if anyone can make me one with getting a new one I have moneys. I am willing to pay up to $20 for a good looking one. e-mail me if ya can make on or have an extra to sell or heck just let me borrow for the con and i'll give it back. PLEASE! I am also need to get the S on the tie but that is just lazyness. :P
-Justin ^_^'
Movie: seen 1 over 10 times, 2 about 2 times
Manga: Just finished 5... must get 6!
Novel: started it
Other: BR pics in room, in BR mailing list, and much more.

01-16-2004, 10:43 AM
I might bring my Satomi Noda costume...buut I have no Collar either..>__<.

02-06-2004, 11:08 PM
i was thinking about bringing my nuriko cosplay but im still not sure yet. i know my Bf wanted to whip out his kiriyama one more time. since his hair has been and is PERFECT for the movie version>.<', downside he can carry a gun at katsu. but since otakon last year the blinking mecanism in my collar died and i cant find one to replace it, i also got a rip in my umbrella. i might just stick with my jrock cosplays *shrugs*

02-06-2004, 11:10 PM
my bad, cant carry a gun, *bad typer bad!*

02-07-2004, 12:04 AM
>sigh< I'm going to be Kiriyama too. =\

He's the only guy I can pull off decently.

I'm going to try making a decent replica of the collars from the movie. I've done some research, and it turns out that they're not that hard, nor expensive, to make.

02-07-2004, 11:09 AM
aku- its really not hard at all, i've made several. ones that blink and ones that dont and most of the supplies you can get at a craft store. all you really need is aluminum flashing for the exterior band, a thin black foam rubber craft sheet for the inner band, a super strong adhesive that works on metal, and exposed photo paper for the collar screen (or any other shiny black paper). also to make it durable, go to a hardware store and get a pumbers bracket (round thin metal loop with a lock at the end, really cheap)it keeps the collar lose and rounded, for an authentic look, and you can use the lock on the bracket as the collars closure

02-09-2004, 12:22 AM

When and where did you guys all want to meet up?

02-09-2004, 01:56 AM
I just finished making a collar. I just want some feedback on whether or not it looks decent enough to use for Katsu. If not, I'll try to make another that looks more authentic.

02-09-2004, 12:11 PM
if anybody going to bring and show BR1or2?,let me know I've been wanting to see them.

02-10-2004, 12:43 AM
I'll ask again:

Where and when do you guys want to meet up for pictures?

02-11-2004, 12:48 AM
very good collar aku! nice j-erb!>.<'!