PDA

View Full Version : Hellsing Cosplay

jjamriska
12-12-2003, 02:19 AM
i need help preping two hellsing costumes: Alucard and Anderson. in short, i need patterns for their respective coats and ideas on how to do alucards hat.
any help would be appreciated.

Ali
12-12-2003, 02:44 AM
Butterick #6844 could be used for both coats. Easily, it should be perfect for Anderson, and with the addition of lapels, Arucard. If you are not any good at altering patterns, I think there's a Vogue coat pattern that's similar to Arucards.

Arucard's hat... I think you should be able to find a base to work from. Otherwise, since it's a relatively simple design (all flat surfaces), making a base out of craft foam shouldn't prove too difficult.

Try searching other Hellsing threads as well. I think this has been brought up a few times.

jjamriska
01-07-2004, 07:14 PM
just out of curiosity, would a trenchcoat pattern work for Alucard if it were altered slightly?

if so does anyone know the number of a good one?

and where can i get some good glasses for alucard? anyone help me there?

Joint
01-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Butterick #6844 is what i'm using for my anderson costume i found it on ebay for like $6.00

Demri
01-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Good Alucard glasses you can find on e-bay - they could go for as much as $30, though, so be warned. Of course, you could custom-make your own, which is fun, too. Hehe. I just finished a Walter and Integra costume and am now starting an Alucard one. I think I'm going to get a normal hat and just put fabric over top of it (if that makes much sense) to make his hat... I think it should work out alright.

A J
01-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Alucard's jacket is actually more a riding coat style than a straight trench coat, which means it's fitted at the top and then flares at the waist. Vogue does have a pattern for this type of jacket, but I forget the number and obviously, a fitted jacket is harder to make.

Most of the alucards I've seen just do a regular trenchcoat, and you can still tell who it is, so it's up to you how accurate you want to be. =)

-AJ