PDA

View Full Version : A Very Small Question! ^^;

Suki
12-12-2003, 02:45 PM
Hello all! I've recently aqquired a sailor fuku, and I am having a very small problem with it, me being a guy and all ^_~ It cost me quite a bit of money, but looks absolutley amazing, aside from this one thing.

I'm not sure how to put the little red scarf that came with it on, whenever I try, it just looks... wrong... :\

Any quick help would be very appreciated, i'm in <3 with the costume, and it marks the start of my journey from the change of just a cosplayer to a crossplayer ^_^;

Thank you! ^_^/

dani
12-12-2003, 03:18 PM
There are several versions of fukus. If you snap and post some pics of what you have it will be a lot easier.

The other thing you can do is to look for a reference picture. There are lots here:

http://www.crimsonskycreations.com/sailormoonavatars/

Welcome to the world of fuku crossplaying

Dani

Suki
12-12-2003, 06:54 PM
welcome to the world of fuku crossplaying

Thank you ^_^

Well, I have had a quick skim thru the net, and the closest thing I could find is this, it looks pretty similar to the one I have;

http://images.jlist.com/c4/sailora.gif

The red scarf is a huge triangle in shape, but it can be folded into a smaller one too, I am not sure if that's relavent. My problem is that I am unsure of what way to tie it around my neck, and put it through the little clasp on the front, so it's underneath the flaps, but showing, if you get what I mean... Hehe, I babble... :P

Like I said, i've tried a couple of times, and it just looks strange, so I must be doing it wrong. I've tried looking for information online, but to no avail, so finding out something which is probably blindingly simple would be a big help! ^^;

Tomo
12-12-2003, 07:12 PM
Have you tried twisting it into a tube-y thingy (So descriptive! XD) and then putting it underneath the flap-y part with the ends going through the sliding part?

I have to agree, if you can get some pictures of the way you've done it . . . that'll really help! :D 'Cause it might look weird to you but it may end up being the correct way.

I hope that helped some. ^^;;;; To me it sounds really confusing but I hope it makes some sense. ;_;!

Suki
12-12-2003, 07:17 PM
Hehe, thank you a lot! I get what you mean, despite the slight vagueness :)

I'll try and get a picture taken. I have to use my phone for pictures, and it's not exactly amazing quality. Getting the right light so you can actually see what I have taken a picture of is half the problem, hehe... ^^;

BIOJECT
12-12-2003, 07:55 PM
Dani no offense but will you please change your sig picture? It's so... ick.

BIOJECT
12-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Everytime I see it I just want to gouge out my own eyes.

Tomo
12-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Suki : Yeah, really sorry about the vagueness. ^____^;;; But it should technically work if you just roll it up into a tube shape and kinda fold it in half. And go from there. I'm on AIM (Hyperative Tomo) if you have any questions . . . Is there any chance that your scarf isn't long enough? O_o;

BIOJECT : That's very mean. ;____; You should be much nicer next time. It also should've been handled privately instead of in the thread. :3

Karisu-sama
12-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Bioject - please explain: what precisely do you mean by that nonsense? I don't see that Dani has ANY sig pic (unlike me - I have a sig banner.)

There is nothing offensive about Dani's avatar by any of Cosplay.com's rules, if that's what you are trying to refer to. If you dislike his avatar, you may tell him via Private Message, but he is free not to change it just for your sake.

Feel free to gouge your eyes out, but that kind of comment is not exactly what one expects to hear from a wannabe Deedlit crossplayer.

Suki
12-12-2003, 08:58 PM
Tomo: Thank you so much for the help, I managed to fiddle around with it a little in the "vague" way you described, and it now looks great, thank you so much! ^_^

If anything, the scarf seems a little TOO long, hehe! ^^;; I will still take pictures of the costume, I <3 it so much!

I will still add you to my AIM if you don't mind? You seem like a really nice person, and I would like to chat you about cosplay and stuff a bit more, hehe ^^;;;;

EDIT: And guys, please stop with all the negative vibes! :\

Tomo
12-12-2003, 09:12 PM
Suki : YAY!!! It worked. I knew my crazy, non-sensical talk could help someone. XDDDDD Yes! Do take pictures and lots of 'em! Hehehe. ^___^ Sounds good to me, about adding me and stuff. I'm also on the other SN in my profile but for right now I'm on the Tomo SN. :D!!

and I agree ya'll. Let's be nice to each other. X3

Eleryth
12-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Hmm.... the scarf doesn't look that nice in the picture, in my opinion. It might be like that to show you it goes all the way around, under the flap?

The only way I have seen the scarves is if the big triangle is flat against the back, and the little pointy ends were thru the clasp. The point of the triangle often sticks out past the sailor flap in the back of the fuku.

But good job for figuring it out! I have never worn one, so I don't know for sure... only seen them. And yay for attempting crossplay! That's awesome.

Mind if I ask where you got your fuku from?

Suki
12-12-2003, 09:26 PM
Hehe, yes, let's all be nice to each other ^_^

I shall take pictures tomorrow on my camera-phone and then upload them! I'm wondering what my next crossplay will be, and I have a small idea...

*dreams of a maid-outfit the same as Mahoro's in Mahoromatic*

Oooh! ^________^;;

I'll add you soon Tomo, I am going to bed now... Tired... Oo;;

EDIT: Just seen your post Eleryth, I will quickly reply to that too... then bed! *thinks of the warm bed waiting for him*

I agree, the scarf looks HORRID in the picture I found, but it's all I could find that was similar to the fuku I have. I am happy it was solved in the end, it looks good now, MUCH better than the one in that picture.

I think crossplay is my new <3... I've been cosplaying for almost 3 years, but this is my first ever crossplay, and i've loved it so much! :D

*is almost falling asleep* I better go now... -____-;; - zzzz

Gren
12-12-2003, 11:42 PM
Hee hee. I like the way Karisu immediately snapped into "I expected better from you" scold mode. Moms are great. XD

Suki
12-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Hehe, yeah... ^_^

I've gotten a camera now btw, a PROPER digital one! ^_____________^

Pictures coming up soooooooooon! :D

Tomo
12-14-2003, 04:29 PM
Awesome!! X3

Do show, do show! And by the way . . . I haven't seen you on AIM. Did I scare ya or something? ._.;;;; Hehehe, I wanna talk to ya and see some pictures XD;;;;;;;

Suki
12-14-2003, 04:49 PM
Hehehe, I wanna talk to ya and see some pictures XD;;;;;;;

Hehehe, no you haven't scared me! I've been away all weekend, which means NO INTERNET :(

I shall take a picture in a while! But... do I have to be in it? ;)

Ookami
12-14-2003, 11:44 PM
...You are so lucky!!! I would do ANYTHING for a sailor fuku!!!

But I don't know where to get one, and I don't want my mum to know that I crossdress/play...... :waaaah:

If I saw one, I would definetly buy it!!! I love them so much! So cute...I want one now!!! *cries uncontrollibly* ;o;

And yes! I want to see pictures too! Yay for pictures! :bigtu:

...Once I lose weight, I will be able to look better in a fuku! *nod nod* Better start exersizing! :dance: :jjacks: :dance: ...phew! That will do....for....the rest of the month... >.<;;;

Menchi
12-15-2003, 03:27 AM
ookami: can prolly see if a friend of mine can make ya one if ya need an she wont be all about making you damn ear broke, jus pm me if ya are curious ^^;;

Karisu-sama
12-15-2003, 04:31 AM
Menchi! I LOOOOOOVE that TigerBunny!! :love:

Suki
12-15-2003, 06:47 AM
Ookami: Walking, Para Para and DDR are the only exercise I get, hehehe! ^^; I don't think my parents would care too much if they found out I crossplayed, plus I am MORE than old enough to be able to make my own desicions on how to live my life, hehe! :)

Oh, I paid enough money for my sailor fuku too... Would you do that for one? ^^;;;;;

Anyhoo, I digress... :)

I shall take pictures today hopefully! I have a few things I need to do outside of the internet, but I shall try to set some time aside for picture-taking! ^_~

Ookami
12-15-2003, 05:47 PM
Ookami: Walking, Para Para and DDR are the only exercise I get, hehehe! ^^; I don't think my parents would care too much if they found out I crossplayed, plus I am MORE than old enough to be able to make my own desicions on how to live my life, hehe! :)

Oh, I paid enough money for my sailor fuku too... Would you do that for one? ^^;;;;;

Anyhoo, I digress... :)

I shall take pictures today hopefully! I have a few things I need to do outside of the internet, but I shall try to set some time aside for picture-taking! ^_~

Believe me, money is no problem! *blushes* I guess I'm kinda rich... *is in one of his two bedrooms, at his $2500 laptop and watching his 21 inch tv* :eeek: And I'm only 13!

Anyway, how much did yours cost? I saw a really cute one on the internet for $67...It was a Sailot Chibi/Mini Moon outfit, and it is so pink and so cute!...But I can't order it, because my mum would find out... :lost: ... :waaaah:

Suki
12-15-2003, 06:49 PM
My sailor fuku was... just over $300 dollars, which was the top, pleated skirt and some 120cm loose socks. I also got some sock glue from a friend in Japan, which added a bit extra onto it as well. It was VERY worth it, it's so well made, and looks AWESOMELY CUTE! <3<3<3

I have a picture of the top of the fuku, but I have no-where to upload it to. Do you want me to send you it? ^___^;;

Tomo: It was EXCELLENT talking to you on AIM tonight, we have to do it again sometime! Take care, and watch out for your dog chewing on things! XD