PDA

View Full Version : I might be there and some questions...

SpikeSpiegel
12-13-2003, 12:28 PM
Well, I'm not sure, depending on how things work out I might be there as Spike. Thats if I get down to that area and have the costume completed in time.

I've never been to a 'full out full blown' anime convention before.

Whats it like?

Tomo
12-13-2003, 01:51 PM
Yes! You must come! ^____^;;

Well, to begin . . . Animazement 2003 was my very first anime convention, so I can't really compare it to others. But I can tell ya know, it was a lot of fun and I'll definately be back next year. Of course Animazement is a small con but I think it adds to it's fun-ness.

Heh. Sorry I'm so bad at this kinda stuff but really . . . since you've never been to a 'full out full blown' anime convention before this might be a really good thing for you, to introduce you to everything. But then again, I only halfway know what I'm talking about, if that much.

I hope my insight was helpful in some way. xD;;;;;;

Himemiya
12-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Its a big party :D! With lots of things to do and lots of people to meet and LOTS of stuff to buy! Stay in the hotel that the con's being held at :D Its more fun!

liz-maru
12-13-2003, 04:59 PM
yeah try to stay at the hotel the con is at ^_^ lots more fun thata way! and bring money money and be ready to have all kinda fun! ^^

SpikeSpiegel
12-13-2003, 06:18 PM
What other cool conventions are down that way?

Link Arroway
12-14-2003, 12:40 PM
Most cons are done that way -that I know of anyways, but I think DragonCon (Atlanta, Georga) is done between two hotels? and Otakon (Baltimore, Maryland) is in a con center with many hotels in walking distance

Around here there's Anime Weekend Atlanta (Georga), DragonCon, NekoCon (Virginia), Katsucon (Virginia), Anime USA (Virginia), and probably several others I can't think of

Ookami05
12-15-2003, 06:33 PM
Yes bring lotsa money! XD lol i remember last year. it was fun but there was some wasted time. but cosplay will make up for that next year ^_^! and i wont be as broke too :p XD!

SpikeSpiegel
12-25-2003, 06:44 PM
I never buy anything at conventions, except maybe an autograph or two but thats about it. Most of the time I just walk around enjoying the sights and all that good stuff.

liz-maru
12-25-2003, 08:06 PM
i buy too much ;_; lol

SpikeSpiegel
12-26-2003, 08:24 PM
What are some of the other conventions like? Like AWA? Is that a good convention?

RHIshida
01-07-2004, 05:59 AM
I'm a three year veteran of Animazement, and it is a wonderful convention. One of the best parts are the Saturday Night Cosplay skits, (and making fun of the bald guy XD)