PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill costume help

ChicoChan
12-14-2003, 11:19 AM
I'm trying to make the princess heart costume from silent hill 3 :D that costume is just tooo funny.....i mean i'm not ever scared when heather's wearing it...
anyways its pretty simple {looks like something outta space channel 5 XD}
but the sleeves have got me tripped up
any advice on how to make them so round? They are very similar to sailor moon's eternal outfit.

i wonder where to get the head phones too hmm.... ^_^ thanks for any help !
~chii

Rydain
12-14-2003, 01:15 PM
It would be best to get a band from an old pair of headphones, but there should be some way that you could make a simple one. Anyway, here's an idea:

Get an appropriately sized Styrofoam ball at the craft store. Cut it in half. Sand the edges to make them nice and rounded. Paint each half with some sort of appropriate primer or sealant (sorry, I'm not sure exactly what you'd use). Paint stripes. Glue each half to the band.

Using Styrofoam would also make it easy to attach the antenna thingies to each side. Just paint small Styrofoam balls and stick them to the ear pieces with pipe cleaners. You might want to poke holes with the pipe cleaner first, put a dab of glue inside, and then reinsert the pipe cleaner, especially if the holes will be shallow.

Dagger
12-14-2003, 07:29 PM
I'm sure you'll be able to find a pattern that has poofy sleeves somewhere...

And LOL at that costume! When does Heather wear it? Is it some sort of secret joke?

daguru
12-14-2003, 07:34 PM
yeah, it's "some sort of secret joke." when you beat the game, you can enter in a code that gives you the ability to transform into "Magical Girl Princess Heart"! ^_^

Oh and Chico! We started a silent hill cosplay group! Come on and Join!

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=550040#post550040

flowers_of_evil
12-14-2003, 09:56 PM
for the sleeves your going to want to gather them so they stay puffy like that also they seem stiff so i would suggest using interfacing as well.....and as far as a pattern for them, the pattern for dorethy from the wizard of oz has sleeves like that, im sure theres more but thats all i can think of at the moment :B