PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania cos-play help needed

JoeBoeing
10-31-2002, 03:08 PM
Hi all,

I just got (Halloween store just now) a nice cross and a good whip for my Richter Belmont costume I'm going to make later this year or early next year!

I'm going to make a utility type belt for the whip, sword and holy water.

But what I need is help finding boots like in this pic (top pic)Richter Belmont (http://www.geocities.com/nekojinkun/Cosplay/richter.html)

If I can't find a sword to match that pic I'm going to make one out of wood and since I'm good at woodworking it'll be fairly easy... maybe I'll make a nice short sword with a 26 inch blade out of wood

*sneaks around people dressed as Vampires and hold the cross to their faces shouting* Back fould demon! Into the abyss with you!

Thanks,
Joe

makio
10-31-2002, 03:18 PM
I just finished my Dracula costume, and I'm wrapping up on the last parts of my Richter one... I'm not including a sword due to weapons regulations these days, but I found a nicely priced bullwhip on eBay since I didn't feel "comfortable" going into an XXX-rated shop to find one. :thumbsup: As for the boots, you could either make boot covers or you can immitate me by taking regular calf/knee high boots and folding them over to resemble that Castlevania:SotN(second picture you listed) style.

As soon as I finish the costume (eta: Wednesday), I'll take a picture and show you what I'm referring to.

JoeBoeing
10-31-2002, 04:50 PM
I want to do the Richter from the 1st pic for right now since I'm still learning. Boot covers? I suck at making those but I could to it that way.

I think I know of a place where to get a plastic sword that would work for Richter... I'll go there tomarrow and see.

I'd love too see your take on the costumes.

FRom,
Joe

Adella
11-01-2002, 04:05 AM
I suggest buying tall healed cowboy boots that don't have a print on them. Then get some pale leather and create a cuff to go over the boot. Improvise it into the way you want it. The buckles over the boots you can make yourself with a strip of blue leather and a buckle from Jo-Anns.