PDA

View Full Version : Kikiwai - 2nd store just opened!!

archangeli
12-14-2003, 05:20 PM
For all you Toronto based otakus and cosplayers: :jjacks:

Kikiwai just opened a second store up a couple weeks ago up at Metro Square.

As most of you know, their main store is located on Spadina, north of Queen St. West. I don't like dragging myself down to Chinatown unless I'm going to see a movie at the Paramount or something so their new location is fantastic for me!!

Their 2nd store is located on the second floor of Metro Square.

(Metro Square is the little L-shaped mall in the plaza on Steeles Ave, between Pharmacy and Warden.)

I just went there to visit (and do some x'mas shopping) and they're having a raffle for some gift certificates (grand prize $50, 15 prizes in all). The draw runs until Dec. 25th.

:dance: i found the a UFO plush of Atashi (the pink bunny thing) from Chobits up there. KAWAII-DESU!!!

(btw, i don't work for them; and i don't know any of the employees. i just like shopping there....)

Ariati
12-14-2003, 08:03 PM
Oooo the next time I'm at my dad's all have to check it out~ Thanks for sharing~ I want a plushie of Atashi~ PLUSHIES~ ^.^

Mari Moni
12-15-2003, 12:54 AM
ahhh patty !!
where have u been?
stop hiding !

archangeli
12-15-2003, 01:38 AM
ich bin da.

(i am here.)

lainey
12-15-2003, 04:00 PM
how much was the atashi plush going for?
i was planning on buying one ^_^

Yuna-X2
12-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Do they have a website?

Machiko
12-15-2003, 11:55 PM
www.kikiwai.com

i find it's better to go into the store. i don't like the way their site is laid out.

they always have oodles of artbooks - i've bought some of mine there. (hehe, the rest are from eBay ... :jjacks:

Lainey - the Atashi plushie was $15.99. I think I grabbed the last one, kekeke sorry ^__^-

lainey
12-16-2003, 10:38 AM
15.99?

that's a "decent" price.
Considering you can still get on ebay for cheaper (about 12 canadian!)

Yuna-X2
12-16-2003, 02:38 PM
Thanks!

I'd go to the store, but Toronto's 3 hours away... Darn Ottawa and Kingston not having any anime places (I know of)

Machiko
12-16-2003, 06:35 PM
meh

$15.99 is ok ^^" plus we bought so much other stuff, atashi didn't seem expensive..keke

besides, this is Kikiwai we're talking about. nothing there is "bargain priced." Do you remember how expensive their artbooks and plushies were at AN03??

[RAVE]Haru
12-18-2003, 12:41 AM
Woot! Perfect location fer me hehe, now I dun hafta drag my butt down to chinatown just to look around nemore xD

angelcosmos
12-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Is it near Pacific Mall? I'm horrible with addresses/locations so is it where that Pizza Pizza and Karaoke (upstairs) is? Or am I way off...? =^^=

lainey
12-18-2003, 11:07 PM
i dunno...
lets just say if you can get to pacific mall...go there instead LOL

bargains gallore :D

Machiko
12-19-2003, 04:34 PM
except that most of the stuff at p-mall is knockoffs... ;)

Kikiwai isn't near P-Mall... the only thing I can say is that it'll be next to the new T & T when that opens ^_^'

angelcosmos
12-27-2003, 04:09 PM
except that most of the stuff at p-mall is knockoffs... ;)

Kikiwai isn't near P-Mall... the only thing I can say is that it'll be next to the new T & T when that opens ^_^'

Hee hee there's nothing wrong with bootlegged stuff like the dvds. =P hee hee

I thought Pacific just mainly carries bootlegged dvds, posters (Taiwan), and gundam model stuff. =_= None of the stores carry ufo plushies, anime cards (official), nor pretty artbooks *sobs*

lainey
12-28-2003, 10:46 AM
*some* carry that stuff, but it IS rare!
but i find that if u want artbooks...i'd buy them at a con (bargaining MWHAHAHAA), and things like plushies, u can get them on ebay ^_^

archangeli
12-29-2003, 10:38 PM
^ yup. eBay is the way to go

.:Hope:.
01-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Sweet a Kikiwai store in Markham! ^.^ It was hard enough busing to the one in Toronto before I moved, but now with one here in Markham, that's cool!

Yusukana
01-30-2004, 10:25 PM
heyhey! its KIKIWAI! i know that place! i just bought my Gaara plushie thatt was 32$! and thes little Naruto magnet, which was 8$! i thought that little magnet was a pin and i wanted to stick it on my knapsack, but noooo! the thing just had to a MAGNET! 8 dollar magnet! anyway. lotsa Naruto merchindise! lotsa manga, lotsa posters, lotsa DVDS! lotsa handbooks lotsa plushie's, the place is heaven. This one is better, more convenient! lol, o well, i think i said to much!

~Asuka~