PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com Group Photoshoot @ Katsucon2004

Eurobeat King
12-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Hey everyone,

Two months from the date will be February 14th, Valentine's Day :heart: and the Saturday of Katsucon 2004. It'll be here before we know it, so I wanted to start this thread about having the BIG group photoshoot on that day. NOTE: This IS the big, super-stuffed, cosplay gathering photoshoot and not the individual cosplayer photoshoots that I plan to do on Thursday (2-12) before the con even starts.

For Katsu2003 we had the gathering at the bottom floor of the Hyatt, in the center area outside the main events room (where the concert & masquerade was) and the gathering was quite large and we managed to get everyone in the shot w/o it getting too crowded. :) Here's a few pictures:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=24885&password=&sort=8&cat=574&page=1
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=24883&password=&sort=8&cat=574&page=1
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=24882&password=&sort=8&cat=574&page=1

I'm going to say that the 2004 gathering will DEFINITELY be bigger than the 2003 gathering, so I'm wondering if the same location will be big enough to accomodate ALL of those who wish to be in the photoshoot or not? Last year there was an area on the 1st floor (down the escalators from the lobby) sectioned off for cosplay groups, but I know that area will not be big enough for everyone this year, and especially with the # of photographers taking pics, that area will be a major traffic-problem for everyone.. :lost: And since taking the photoshoot outdoors is 100% out, it looks like the best place will have to be the bottom floor of the HYATT.. Last year they had that snack-stand set up against the wall, (which took up a lot of space) so maybe in 2004 we could try lining cosplayers up against the wall rather than right in the center of the area. We'll have to see..

If Admin & Aeris are going this year to Katsucon, they along with Stud & Ziggy can help set up the cosplayers to make sure everyone is seen before photographers start snapping away with their cameras, and perhaps we can use the COSPLAY.COM banner that Aeris made for the Animagic 2003 gathering. :D Oh, here's the proposed (but not final) information:

DAY: Saturday, February 14th
TIME: Between 1-2pm
LOCATION: Bottom floor of the HYATT outside main events (wide-open area)
PREREQUISITE: Please wear a costume (anime, video-game, j-rock, movie (like BR), or original) just no regular clothes like a t-shirt & jeans.. ALSO, we know members will show up, but if you have friends who aren't on c.com but are cosplayers, you can bring them to show up and pose in the gathering (ask them to join the site, too)

Feel free to comment, give suggestions, and also mention if you'll be able to make it or not. We hope to see everyone who can make it for a fun time. See you in 2 months! ciao~ :skidude2:

Lady_Sephiroth
12-16-2003, 09:43 PM
I'm there, as long as it does not conflict with any actualy cosplay-related stuff (ie rehearsal or anything like that!)

See you all there!

Eurobeat King
12-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Lady_S: That's why we're planning for 1pm to be the earliest, to allow people to eat lunch prior and then prepare for the masquerade afterwards. :) And the big group photoshoot doesn't usually last more than 15 minutes once Admin and I get rolling: Line up the cosplayers, (making sure nobody is blocked if we can help it) and then the photographers shoot away until everyone gets all the pics they want. Then everyone's free to enjoy the rest of Saturday to do what they like.. simple, ne? ;)

Admin and I will prolly stay in the area to take individual pics if cosplayers would like their pics taken, so if we didn't get your photo BEFORE the photoshoot, stick around so we can take some solo shots. :D

Lady_Sephiroth
12-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Rock :) I prolly will not be able to make it for piccies on Thursday night, I'd love to pose for pics on Friday and Saturday :)

DigitalCactus
12-17-2003, 02:24 AM
wow I cant wait. I hope I dont get left out this time like I did at Otakon ...

Eurobeat King
12-17-2003, 02:32 AM
DC: Hehe I'll make sure that this time nobody blocks your path so that you're seen in the gathering. Even if you bring your Gungrave coffin with your logo on it, we'll make sure that's seen too, else we'll have someone hold that up if you somehow DO get blocked again. :thumbsup:

Lyn
12-17-2003, 01:42 PM
Sounds good. Really, I think that place is really the only option we have. It's the only really big space at the con. There are a lot of people going this year and it is going to be a bit hard to squeeze them all in, I think. Maybe we should like rotate where everyone is in the picture periodically to gurantee everyone gets shown...or something like that. ^^; Not really good at suggestions.

Kamui32
12-17-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm down with a photoshoot, i just hope i remember what time it happens *writes down info* I have bad memory ^_^;; I'll be miroku one day and inuyasha the other, not sure what days though. Looking forward to seeing and meeting new people!

isami
12-17-2003, 08:54 PM
The otakon one was madness because it was about 100+ c.c members and random people who joined beacuse they were confused. XD

I can't wait for this!

Eurobeat King
12-18-2003, 02:19 AM
Lyn: What I might do this year (which I should've done at Otakon because of the large crowd) is IF there will be cosplayers who are blocked during the photoshoot (the cosplayers WILL know for themselves if they are or not) after the initial group shot I'll make an announcement that any cosplayers who DID not get seen to STEP FORWARD and to have those who were in the front to either move to the back or move aside (if they don't want to be in the 2nd group.) This way at least everyone has a chance to be seen and have the opportunity to be in a group photoshoot. :)

Neko Cathy
12-18-2003, 10:39 AM
LoL, my eyes look either white or red in those pics XD I'm a demon child.

Sounds good to me... I might be having the DDR photoshoot in that same area, but earlier so it won't conflict w/ the Cosplay.com photoshoot.

BlueLady
12-18-2003, 11:10 AM
yay AL, organizer of us all ..haha I'll see you there

Daala
12-18-2003, 11:56 AM
Sounds like a good plan ^_^ I hope this works out.

Kasai
12-21-2003, 05:34 PM
Yay!! I hope everything works out, it's gonna be CRAZY with so many people..

It's going to be a big jump from my first cosplay.com photoshoot at AnimeNEXT.. I didn't even know what was going on. I just remember Matt going "KASAI, COME ON, THERE'S A PHOTOSHOOT!!" and me going "There's a what?" Those pictures were awesome, though.. even though half of the people in the photos weren't from cosplay.com. ^^;;

EDIT: Whoa, this was my one-hundredth post. =D

Toastersix
12-21-2003, 09:33 PM
Whee!!! I can't wait. ^_^ It'll be mighty amusing. What do ya think: Lenne or Ranma-Chan or Gothic Lolita? I dunno which one I'll wear...

Admin
12-27-2003, 11:14 AM
I'll have my wide-angle with me so if it's a little tight I'll still be able to get everyone in the big group photo. But yeah, the bigger the space for it the better. And yes we'll bring Adella's awesome sign. ;)

kelldar
12-27-2003, 11:25 AM
yay :D I'll probably be wearing Tohru... don't want to wear Belldandy again, if I did it'd be the 3rd time I'd be wearing Belldandy in a cosplay.com group shot, lol.
hee, I can't wait!

Anikiki
12-27-2003, 11:51 AM
I'll be there with my new costume. I got this bookmarked so I can hopefully remember this. And I'll bring one other cosplayer. Hope this all works out for the both of us.

Eurobeat King
12-27-2003, 01:35 PM
Tasukichan: Bring whichever costume you wish for the photoshoot, whichever one you feel most comfy in.

Kell: Are you bringing Belldandy again to Katsu in general, but just NOT for the photoshoot?

BlueLady: Awww, thanks. :) This time since Admin is going, he & Aeris will be the main ones organizing the photoshoot, but I will be there to help out. You get to see the majority of the mods gathered at the photoshoot: Admin, Aeris, Rosiel, Studmaster, ZiggyB, (not sure about Maryssa), and myself. :skidude:

Admin: Schweet to here that you'll be making it, and bringing your monster lens and the sign for the photoshoot. :D

kelldar
12-27-2003, 03:29 PM
Yep, I'll probably change into winged bell right after the photoshoot is over. It's too much trouble to wear in that kind of big crowd! :D

Rx7grl
01-04-2004, 01:04 AM
Hey everyone,

Two months from the date will be February 14th, Valentine's Day :heart: and the Saturday of Katsucon 2004. It'll be here before we know it, so I wanted to start this thread about having the BIG group photoshoot on that day. NOTE: This IS the big, super-stuffed, cosplay gathering photoshoot and not the individual cosplayer photoshoots that I plan to do on Thursday (2-12) before the con even starts.

For Katsu2003 we had the gathering at the bottom floor of the Hyatt, in the center area outside the main events room (where the concert & masquerade was) and the gathering was quite large and we managed to get everyone in the shot w/o it getting too crowded. :) Here's a few pictures:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=24885&password=&sort=8&cat=574&page=1
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=24883&password=&sort=8&cat=574&page=1
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=24882&password=&sort=8&cat=574&page=1

I'm going to say that the 2004 gathering will DEFINITELY be bigger than the 2003 gathering, so I'm wondering if the same location will be big enough to accomodate ALL of those who wish to be in the photoshoot or not? Last year there was an area on the 1st floor (down the escalators from the lobby) sectioned off for cosplay groups, but I know that area will not be big enough for everyone this year, and especially with the # of photographers taking pics, that area will be a major traffic-problem for everyone.. :lost: And since taking the photoshoot outdoors is 100% out, it looks like the best place will have to be the bottom floor of the HYATT.. Last year they had that snack-stand set up against the wall, (which took up a lot of space) so maybe in 2004 we could try lining cosplayers up against the wall rather than right in the center of the area. We'll have to see..

If Admin & Aeris are going this year to Katsucon, they along with Stud & Ziggy can help set up the cosplayers to make sure everyone is seen before photographers start snapping away with their cameras, and perhaps we can use the COSPLAY.COM banner that Aeris made for the Animagic 2003 gathering. :D Oh, here's the proposed (but not final) information:

DAY: Saturday, February 14th
TIME: Between 1-2pm
LOCATION: Bottom floor of the HYATT outside main events (wide-open area)
PREREQUISITE: Please wear a costume (anime, video-game, j-rock, movie (like BR), or original) just no regular clothes like a t-shirt & jeans.. ALSO, we know members will show up, but if you have friends who aren't on c.com but are cosplayers, you can bring them to show up and pose in the gathering (ask them to join the site, too)

Feel free to comment, give suggestions, and also mention if you'll be able to make it or not. We hope to see everyone who can make it for a fun time. See you in 2 months! ciao~ :skidude2:

OoOo, yeay! i'll try to be there ^-^=

lunasreincarnat
01-04-2004, 04:02 AM
yeeee! i cant wait! otakon was my 1st group shoot.. i wasnt really in the shot :( i hope this time ill be seen. ya!

Claireon
01-15-2004, 11:07 PM
Yayy... Maybe this time I can make it to the shoot in time! x_X

Rx7grl
01-18-2004, 01:28 AM
OoO, i would like to join.... ^-^= if thats okay =p
Sorry if i was rude earlier X<

Lyn
02-03-2004, 08:18 PM
This might be a little late to post this...

but I just remembered that on Katsucon's site, on their tentative schedule, they've got a rehearsal for the Masquerade at noon-2pm. So, unfortunantly any of us that are going to be in that won't be able to attend the photoshoot unless the rehearsal ends early.

Lady_Sephiroth
02-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Tis true... Ugh. Can we do it at 3? Please? <sad neko-ears>

Lady Ava
02-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Awesomeness! I'll see everyone there ^___^

TyJILDown
02-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Shaman King photoshoot is at 2 so I guess I'll be wearing Anna to it *shrugs*

Eurobeat King
02-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Lyn: I'll talk to Admin and see if he wants to have it at 3pm, or stick with the 1pm time. The photoshoot place is right outside main events, and it takes only about 10-15 minutes for the entire photoshoot: assemble, line up, pose, and that's it! ;) If you can't make it, we'll understand but we'll be also happy to take individual pics of your costume(s) before or after, either find us or we'll find you.. :)

Hopefully Admin will say what time he'd like to have it, so check back here often to see what the final time for the photoshoot will be. :skidude2:

Giant Alucard
02-04-2004, 08:25 AM
I'll try and be there in my new Auron costume, lol.

ChichiriFreak
02-04-2004, 10:26 AM
I'll be there in my new Jiang Wei costume! ^_^ can't wait to see everyone.

Kurthy133
02-04-2004, 11:50 AM
boo. i'm in the masq, so i won't be able to make it...

Eurobeat~ if you could put it off even a half an hour to have all of us masqueraders scramble to the photoshoot, id love it! if not, i'll try to come find you guys after ^^
<3

Studmaster
02-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Hmmmmm...So Masquerade Practice from 12 - 2....I'm in the Masquerade....Arlington, we have a problem. Oh well, if we don't pull it back, I'll miss it then.

Lyn
02-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Eurobeat King - Yeah, it's not a big deal to me but I just thought I'd share that on since that does appear to be the final time (I wasn't sure before since it's the "tentative" schedule) for it and I know others that were going to show up were going to be in the Masq. But who knows, it could always end early and us Masq. people can show up at the end of the photoshoot. If you guys could just move it a little later, if at all possible, that would be really nice.

kelldar
02-04-2004, 04:06 PM
aw same here... well if I miss it I can deal and look at pics later *_*

Eurobeat King
02-04-2004, 10:01 PM
If everyone wants to have the photoshoot changed to between 2:30pm-3:00pm, I think that would be acceptable, so that more people can show up for the gathering.. I'll check with Admin if that's OK. In the meantime, if you all can make it during that time, post your replies here, AND let any and all of your friends know about the possible time-change (but NOT location-change) so that more people will know. I'll also tell people AT the con on Friday that the photoshoot time got moved, as well as IF people show up at 1pm expecting a photoshoot and weren't aware of the time-change, to tell them to come back later on. But of course, that's something we DON'T want to do, hence why the more people know about it BEFORE the con, the better.

Since we want as many members & people for the gathering, I think the time change (making it the latest-time-ever at a con for a c.com photoshoot) shouldn't be a problem. It'll make the picture look better with more cosplayers in it. :)

KuroBara
02-04-2004, 11:10 PM
I can make the later shoot, pushing it back is no problem.

Admin
02-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Yes, the shoot is now changed to 2:30, same place, or directly following the Final Fantasy and Guilty Gear shoots if they're still going on at that time (both start at 2pm).

I'll put this in the main listings as well.

Lyn
02-05-2004, 03:50 PM
^_^ You guys rule. Yeah, I'll definently be there then.

Sorahana
02-05-2004, 04:33 PM
I'll be there too! ^O^. I'm in the masquerade too as far as I know lol ^^;. My friends haven't told me if they signed up or not ^^;. But don't worry I'll be there ^^.

chrisscrewball
02-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Yeah, that's awesome that you guys moved the time cuz I'm going to be in the masquerade. I'll see you there!!!!

Aer
02-05-2004, 05:29 PM
I'll be there, no prob. with the time change ^_^

Lady_Sephiroth
02-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Thank you! I shall see you all there!

<bows>

Dual Weilder
02-10-2004, 09:28 PM
hihi! I shall be there as Aerith soon as we're done with the final fantasy shoot ^^

hope star
02-12-2004, 01:12 AM
Wow. I'm going to be there. I saw you at Nekocon doing the pictures. I think this time I'm going to jump in. So I'll have my Freya costume on

Admin
02-12-2004, 01:39 AM
So everyone knows, we'll begin organizing Saturday's shoot around 2:30 and we'll probably take the big group shot around 2:40 or 2:45. So if you're running a few minutes late there's a chance you might still make it if you try. It's also a great thing to stay afterwards for because lots and lots of photographers show up.

Also - please don't ask me to take a photo with your camera. :) I've done it for people in the past but I get so bogged down trying to organize the group photo that I usually forget to do it by the time the chaos has subsided!

And be sure to stop by our table Thursday and Friday nights . . . See you all there!

DigitalCactus
02-12-2004, 04:04 AM
Muahahaha Saturday at 1-2pm ish... I am there and expect my giant obnoxious logo to be there! I won't be left out this time

kaoss
02-15-2004, 08:59 AM
OMG!!!! NO I FORGOT THE PHOTOSHOOT!!!! XD i didn't get any pictures taken :(

-kaoss-