PDA

View Full Version : Server problems?

dani
12-14-2003, 09:00 PM
Since this afternoon I don't seem to be able to get the photos on the gallery pages. The page loads but shows just white frames where the photos should be.

Is is something wrong en my end or on the server side?

Thanks

Dani

Ali
12-14-2003, 09:24 PM
I'm having that problem, as well. It seems that my computer will show the thumbnails up to a certain photo in 'Member Galleries' and then stop, so all I get is the white frames. My computer then stops showing images entirely.
I've had the problem before, but usually only through this site. I'm not sure if it's just a 'my computer' thing, or not.

Admin
12-15-2003, 05:16 AM
Sounds like a broken thumbnail in there somewhere, it happens once in a while. It's an internet explorer error and happens when a thumbnail is created without stripping out some information from the original picture. For some reason it normally only occurs with some photos saved in Photoshop 5, and in Photoshop 6 and 7 without using the "Save for Web" feature which strips this corruptable information out prior to even saving the big photo for uploading.

At this time, there isn't a fix, and most web developers are pretty much writing it off as an Internet Explorer problem that will never get corrected.