PDA

View Full Version : Gothic Lotila Questions?

Ganesh
12-14-2003, 10:22 PM
What about guys and Gothic Lotila? Are they allowed to go to the tea parties? What do they wear? I have formal Goth/17th century stuff. Is that what is worn? (I'm looking at this for Katsucon 2004)

HELP....?

PorcelainSakura
12-15-2003, 12:37 AM
I don't see they wouldn't be allowed ^_^
Jrockers seem to cross dress a lot, and guys on the street seem to do aristocrat or visual k or kodona. The only time I've only seen snaps of guys cross dressing they were cosplaying their favorite jrocker. But if you can pull it off, by all means do what you want!

Rei Ayanami
12-15-2003, 01:00 AM
Guys don't have to crossdress in order to dress EGL; it's true that guys cross-dress when cosplaying admired Jrockers, but the EGL isn't strictly a female fashion, although it tends to be affeminate.

Go ahead and browse through one of the Gothic Lolita Bibles, and you'll find a whole lot of tips for male lolitas, and also alot of picturues of beautiful Asian lolita men <3*swoon*

-Ayanami-

PorcelainSakura
12-15-2003, 01:16 AM
I've never seen guys dress lolita that weren't cross dressing (in the sense wearing things that seem aimed for women) do you have any examples? ^_^

Guys don't have to crossdress in order to dress EGL; it's true that guys cross-dress when cosplaying admired Jrockers, but the EGL isn't strictly a female fashion, although it tends to be affeminate.

Go ahead and browse through one of the Gothic Lolita Bibles, and you'll find a whole lot of tips for male lolitas, and also alot of picturues of beautiful Asian lolita men <3*swoon*

-Ayanami-

Rei Ayanami
12-15-2003, 01:20 AM
Just go through one of the GLB, and you'll see guys in EGL fashion that aren't crossdressing. I'll look for pictures and post them here (not now though... too tired n_nU)

-Ayanami-

PorcelainSakura
12-16-2003, 12:35 AM
I guess I'm not looking close enough ^_^

Umi
12-16-2003, 04:50 PM
lolita means little girl so the guys in the Gothic & Lolita bible are technically dressing in another style. Guys can do an equivalent which is basically dressing like a Victorian age little boy sort of like a less colorful/frilly version of Blue Boy or Gainsborough's other paintings of young boys. It's a pretty cute style although I usually see girls wearing it. Most guys opt for aristocrat style like some of Gackt's style especially from Malice Mizer days.

Ganesh
12-16-2003, 05:01 PM
Thanks...I'll see what I can do.