PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Prom Dress

streamingjupiter
12-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Hey all.

Just wondering, has anyone ever had a steampunk-esque prom/ball dress? Where did you find it? What were the reactions like?

[I want a steampunk prom dress :3 thats why i'm asking]

BlondieSundae
12-09-2011, 11:38 PM
I think most people make (or commission) their steam punk outfits because I've never really seen full outfits for sale only pieces (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Essentially it's just victorian clothes with flair.

Mehdia
12-10-2011, 12:40 AM
Whenever I think of steampunk formals, I think of what they would have worn to galas and balls back in the Victorian era and then think of interesting accessories that I could use to dress up the outfit. Like a nice bustle gown with accents like a metal fan, or something in the hair piece that would add to the flair. One thing I had thought of when designing some formals for some steampunk characters was on the hat of one outfit for a lady the feathers in it were made of metals instead of real feathers, then for her wedding dress she carried a bouquet of brass, copper, and silver flowers instead of real ones. It was just something I thought would be fun additions without throwing on the gears and goggles most people do to steampunk something.

Azurestorm
12-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Well, I haven't ever had anything steampunk-ish, but if you want a prom dress, if you are going for hard-core steampunk, what about a traditional victorian looking dress, but that flares out more, and the fabric looks like slightly tarnished metal? maybe with gears with chains/tubes drooping from them and connecting to other gears?

Maybe a clockwork pattern all over the dress, and instead of the usual pendant on the chest, you could have an open clock, with the gears showing?

DarkFirepr
01-09-2012, 12:10 AM
It would be very nice if you can convince your school to make your ball theme Steam punk related. Would love to see the dresses. :)