PDA

View Full Version : Oni-con

Scortia
12-17-2003, 08:02 PM
I was just wondering who here plans to attend the first Oni-con in October in Houston! The website is so helpful and well-thought out ... I can't wait. ^.^

dragonsama
03-19-2004, 03:17 PM
I am going as well I can not started a costume though. I am thinking of doing Auron form Final Fantasy X. Anyone else going to this con?

Scortia
03-19-2004, 06:03 PM
wow, thread is REVIVED! :p Anyway, my costumes for Oni-con should be :
Original Oni
ANBU version Kakashi (Naruto)
*himitsu desu* for the skit
and either a few costumes from A-kon and/or Rogue or Nanami or something o.o

ZakuKitty
03-20-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm going with some friends of mine. So far it looks like I'm doing Zaku definitely because my friend is working on Dosu and my other one might do Kin. We will have a full sound ninja group from Naruto! ^^ So list:

-Zaku (definitely)
-Gaara(most likely)
-Kazekage(if I ever finish it)
-Shikamaru(i want to cosplay him again)

Scortia
03-20-2004, 02:20 PM
lol... we're shooting for our Naruto group for Oni-con too... there'll be a bunch of you guys at A-kon already so we put ours off. Anyway we have definites for Sakura, Itachi, Kakashi, Temari, Hokage the 3rd, Hinata.... I'm acquainted with folks who have done Kankuro, Shino, Orochimaru, and Sasuke (need to coerce them now), and I'm still tackling two in my group to do Rock Lee (He IS Rock too) and Kabuto (though we joke about making him be Hokage's annoying grandson). Blah... I may make a Naruto too by then if I wanna just go ahead and use my surplus of neon orange fabric. .. blah. ><

ZakuKitty
03-20-2004, 02:23 PM
Sweet. Maybe we can all get close to a full cast. O_O

We can dream anyways...*_*

eemee
04-03-2004, 12:09 PM
I'm going to Oni-con! This'll be my first convention, and I'm thinking about styling my hair like Kimimaro's and doing his makeup and stuff, so I'll be....half-Kimimaro. :O

Meri
04-05-2004, 07:26 PM
*cries* I was goin to go but the plans have already fallen through and I can't go, maybe next year *sighs heavily*

Digital Blush
06-03-2004, 07:52 PM
since i cant go to akon this year :cries!: i'm going to oni-con (even though my parents hate the traffic there) XD anyway i'm thinking of being my Sasuke, and Hinata costumes with me. My sister is going to be Gaara still and my boyfriend would go as Sasuke, also my friend would come as Orochimaru. Also to add i'm thinking of cosplaying Anko so we could get a full cast maybe for oni-con? :D lets hope. have fun at akon T_T

jinnai
06-06-2004, 02:14 PM
ill be there... im helping with the anime music panel and dance.

Cherry
06-07-2004, 10:59 PM
Well of COURSE I am there!

jinnai
06-08-2004, 02:57 PM
XD @ Cherry

Yusuke Urameshi
06-09-2004, 03:01 AM
Just out of curiousity, how big is Oni-Con. By number of people or in comparison to A-Kon. I wouldnt want to travel a few hundred miles to go to a con with like 20 people, if you catch my drift.

Space Invader
06-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Well, this would be Onicon's first year, but it seems like the staff and planners are trying to make it worth coming to.

I'll be coming as well, and (hopefully) bringing a few new costumes with me. I'm looking at doing amano Terra (FF6), amano Esper Terra (FF6), amano Leila (FF2), and maybe a Black Chii or have my Celestial Hikaru (Rayearth) ready to go. That's a lot, I know, and I probably won't get them all done, but meh. Hope so. ^^;;

suikodee
06-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Hm... Akon 15 was my first and since Onicon would be much closer, about how good is it? Anyway, I just think Houston should have something big, other than Dallas... Dallas always has the cons. =\

Emery
06-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Me and Jonio are trying to head there since O-ChibiCon doesn't seem to be all that good. I'm thinking of cosplaying, and this would be my first cosplay attempt, to go as Luffy (red 01 shirt), Crazy 88 (if I can get a mask and sword), and Kuroko from Samurai Spirits/Showdown (granted I can make the costume). But I agree with Yusuke up there, I don't want to dive all the way down to Houston for a crappy con.

Side Note: Yusuke I was there with Jonio, we were talkign to Shino, your friend, when you walked up. You may not remember me, but I was in the pink shirt and shorts :skidude2: . Eh, you know.

Cherry
06-09-2004, 05:32 PM
Me and Jonio are trying to head there since O-ChibiCon doesn't seem to be all that good. I'm thinking of cosplaying, and this would be my first cosplay attempt, to go as Luffy (red 01 shirt), Crazy 88 (if I can get a mask and sword), and Kuroko from Samurai Spirits/Showdown (granted I can make the costume). But I agree with Yusuke up there, I don't want to dive all the way down to Houston for a crappy con.

Side Note: Yusuke I was there with Jonio, we were talkign to Shino, your friend, when you walked up. You may not remember me, but I was in the pink shirt and shorts :skidude2: . Eh, you know.

TRUST ME. Oni-Con is THE convention in Houston to go to. It's going to ROCK... Not to mention, check out the MAD guest list. xD

Yusuke Urameshi
06-09-2004, 06:26 PM
hmmm, well it wont get any bigger if no one goes, so I guess I'll try and make it. *raises Oni-Con flag* CCHHHHAAARRRRGGGGEEEE!!!!

Cherry
06-09-2004, 07:37 PM
hmmm, well it wont get any bigger if no one goes, so I guess I'll try and make it. *raises Oni-Con flag* CCHHHHAAARRRRGGGGEEEE!!!!

WOOT! XD

Awesome! You should enter the cosplay! ::Encouraging everyone to!::

Emery
06-10-2004, 02:04 AM
TRUST ME. Oni-Con is THE convention in Houston to go to. It's going to ROCK... Not to mention, check out the MAD guest list. xD

Have you been to Oni-Con? I thought this was it's first year? Either way, going to the con hinges on the fact if my girlfriend can convince her parents to let her take a trip to Houston, over the weekend, with me and my friend :confused: .

Cherry
06-10-2004, 06:30 AM
Have you been to Oni-Con? I thought this was it's first year? Either way, going to the con hinges on the fact if my girlfriend can convince her parents to let her take a trip to Houston, over the weekend, with me and my friend :confused: .

^_~ It IS the first year, and for a first year, we already have record breaking numbers, and tons and tons of wonderful guests. Bands, Voice Actors, Industry leaders, oh my! ::The Oni-Con Cheerleader!::

Good luck with your girlfriend. If ya make it, it'll be fun. Cross my heart. :heart:

suikodee
06-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Wow, first year? I didn't know that! Must... think... about... schedule...

Choice
06-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Well, this would be Onicon's first year, but it seems like the staff and planners are trying to make it worth coming to.

I'll be coming as well, and (hopefully) bringing a few new costumes with me. I'm looking at doing amano Terra (FF6), amano Esper Terra (FF6), amano Leila (FF2), and maybe a Black Chii or have my Celestial Hikaru (Rayearth) ready to go. That's a lot, I know, and I probably won't get them all done, but meh. Hope so. ^^;;

oh hey. i saw you at akon.

i remember asking a the friends i went with what was their *favorite* costume this weekend. and one of them said your edea costume.

im pretty sure he never even played final fantasy 8

:)

ill be at oni too.

MarzGurl
06-11-2004, 09:37 AM
Ooh! Ooh! I'm headed in for Oni-Con! I'm not going to try to put together an overly elaborate cosplay for this one, though. I'm planning on being Elena from FF7. It's as simple as a business suit and some gloves! XD

Elf
06-11-2004, 02:46 PM
I had been planning on going, but I got chosen for the cast at TRF, and Oni-con is on a faire weekend, so unless I can get that Friday off of work, I'm out of luck. >_<

Maybe next year... and good luck with everything, Cherry! With as many problems as I had organizing my roommates at A-Kon, organizing an entire con must be insane!

::applauds you::

Space Invader
06-11-2004, 09:53 PM
>oh hey. i saw you at akon.

i remember asking a the friends i went with what was their *favorite* costume this weekend. and one of them said your edea costume.

im pretty sure he never even played final fantasy 8

Aww, thanks! =3

I don't think Edea will be worn again anytime soon in the NEAR future. I love the outfit, don't get me wrong, but I don't to "burn it out", so to speak. I'll definately be sporting some new disguises for Onicon ^^.

Spin
06-12-2004, 06:36 AM
I should be there(if everything goes as planned.), and hopefully have an actual costume this time around. :)

Mud
06-14-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm planning on going, the only costum that I have planned for right now is Jack Carver. Not sure what other ones that I plan to do.

HuongStar
06-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Thank goodness for Southwest Airlines "Fun Fares"! I think me and the boy may be headed to either this con or Ani-Magic after our trip to Tokyo.

Cherry
06-15-2004, 12:54 AM
Thank goodness for Southwest Airlines "Fun Fares"! I think me and the boy may be headed to either this con or Ani-Magic after our trip to Tokyo.

<3 Fun fares ROCK!

Ani-Magic is a lot of fun, too. :)

Ayane_Eiketsu
06-15-2004, 01:36 AM
Yeah I'm defenitely going too! And with a lot of friends. Me and two other people are doing a Pucchi Moni Group and the the same two with some other people are doing a FFVII skit. I was gonna be Elena for it and Maki for the other. Then we all have about two or three other costumes :thumbsup: so yeah.....our luggage is gonna take up most of the space on the plane. :razz: But I hope to see some of you there and some others I saw at the A-Kon 15! :dance:

Knightfall
06-15-2004, 10:18 PM
... convince me to go.

Cherry
06-15-2004, 10:52 PM
... convince me to go.

Hah. No. ^_^ The con speaks for itself.

Knightfall
06-18-2004, 09:12 AM
[/QUOTE]Hah. No. ^_^ The con speaks for itself.[QUOTE]

...Interesting. In that case, i'll consider.

Ayane_Eiketsu
06-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Yay! More people :p Anyone plan on seeing Duel Jewel there. Cause I know my friend and I are! :love:

Cherry
06-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Yay! More people :p Anyone plan on seeing Duel Jewel there. Cause I know my friend and I are! :love:

Most definatly. Duel Jewel is SO sweet!

Tenya Muyo
06-20-2004, 12:21 AM
Hmmmmmmm........ should i go to this so called Oni-con?? Hmmmmmm....*ponders* *highlight below for answer*

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!! :jjacks: You'd have to place me in a bag, beat me with reeds, toss it into a lake, then burn all of my costumes to keep me from coming!! I can't wait til Oni-con!! It's only it's first year, and I'm already impressed! Yeah, more cons to play at! :dance:

Cosplay wise: it's too far down the road to think about that yet. But i'm a definet in the cosplay contest!! Watch out Cherry! I'm coming for you! :devil: WHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! ACK! *coughing* Ahem....... pardon me.......

DjPhReAksTyLe
06-21-2004, 01:44 PM
i will be there... hopefully i can get ahold of Cherry BEFORE the con starts...

edit: YAY!! Cherry thankies for the help!!!

Mud
06-21-2004, 10:58 PM
WOW!!! All the people stoked already for Oni-Con.

Hey Admins, can you toss a Message Board up for Oni-Con. It would be much appera...aperati...thanked.

Cherry
06-22-2004, 02:09 PM
WOW!!! All the people stoked already for Oni-Con.

Hey Admins, can you toss a Message Board up for Oni-Con. It would be much appera...aperati...thanked.

:X That is a good idea. I shall ask Admin!

Omg. OniCon. <3.

Knightfall
06-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Most definatly. Duel Jewel is SO sweet!

Wait a sec, Duel Jewel is going?

...(thinks it over)....

...Now I will definetly consider going.

Cherry
06-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Wait a sec, Duel Jewel is going?

...(thinks it over)....

...Now I will definetly consider going.

Yep. Oni-Con 1 is going to be the first first-year convention to have a japanese band, I believe. :D

Oni-Con 2, though I cannot say who, already may be having some even bigger bands come. :D It'll be gooood. Not to mention, Oni-Con 1 has a crud-load of other guests. ^^

DjPhReAksTyLe
06-25-2004, 01:56 AM
i think its going to be a freaking awesome first con.

go H-Town!!!

Cherry
06-26-2004, 05:17 PM
H-Town Represent? :X

BTW. Just to notify everyone, we have Scott McNeil confirmed!

Xamona
06-27-2004, 11:16 PM
I'm quite hopefully going, depending on the ride possibilities.

Its to be a birthday partyish thing for me, as my b-day is the 20, two days away. So if ya see anyone in a Robin/Alice costume with balloons or such, say Hi. Please. I beg of you.

I'm pretty dang sure it'll be an awesome first con for me to go to.

HackerEd
06-28-2004, 12:52 PM
I want to go to Oni-COn, I'm working on my Sakura (Naruto) cosplay, but my mom hasn't agreed to it yet. Even worse, we have to talk it over with my dad. He's so old fashioned, I'm SURE he'll say no... I hate being too young to drive... Also, I wanna go for DDR. I'm an adict of that game :)

DjPhReAksTyLe
06-29-2004, 02:17 AM
they soooooooo should get para para for the game room.

anyone second this?

Ayane_Eiketsu
06-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Defenitely!! I love Para Para....just need to practice a little more :thumbsup:

Omni
06-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Oni-con will be my first convetion and as things are going my first costume should be ready well in advance. Guess I will have to think about a second one then :) My costume is still a secret for now but I might show it before the convention (I need to get a better camera anyway). I live in the Houston area but still 50 miles away so I might be staying at the hotel. Will just be easier than driving back and forth, I do enough of that for work.

Tenya Muyo
06-29-2004, 10:34 PM
YES!!!! PARA PARA!!!!! I Wanna Play!! Iv'e been practicing with some of the videos, and I really, Really, REALLY Wanna try it now!!

Those who live in Dallas: as can anyone confirm to me that there is a Para Para Paradise Machine somewhere in Dallas? If so, where is it?? I MUST PLAY!!!!

krizzy
06-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Yay Candice. :D Yay Oni-Con. :D YAYAYAY. *goes plz*

DjPhReAksTyLe
06-30-2004, 12:00 AM
YES!!!! PARA PARA!!!!! I Wanna Play!! Iv'e been practicing with some of the videos, and I really, Really, REALLY Wanna try it now!!

Those who live in Dallas: as can anyone confirm to me that there is a Para Para Paradise Machine somewhere in Dallas? If so, where is it?? I MUST PLAY!!!!

i dont live in dallas but i do know there is a para para 2nd inside A-town (Animation Town Arcade).

krizzy
06-30-2004, 07:24 PM

Tenya: I just recently moved from Plano to Fort Worth and the only Para Para machine I came across was at Richardson Square Mall and also at Main Event in Plano.

Alkaren Hyralt
07-01-2004, 12:12 AM
I'm going to Oni-con.

Possibly O-Chibi Con as well ._.

Houston is such a long drive from Dallas ;-;

ZakuKitty
07-01-2004, 09:07 AM
I live in Houston so it wouldn't be a long drive but I'm switching colleges so I'll be in Denton. ;_; Taking a plane down to Houston just to go to Oni-Con. :P

devlinne
07-02-2004, 07:08 PM
I will be going as Kin, Itachi, possibly Haku (all from Naruto). My friend(milleniumninja) will be Tenten and Kisame. We aren't very far on our costumes, so we might do some others instead. Aiming for a full cast here, is there someone who isn't being done yet? We are really hyped about doing Kotetsu and Izumo, or Hayate and Genma if we can.

ZakuKitty
07-02-2004, 08:23 PM
My friend(Umino Lee) is doing Dosu and she might do Hayate as well. I am willing to do Genma as it would only require the thing to tie around my head. I will be doing 2nd Hokage Nidaime so long as I can get the wig and the contacts..as well as putting everything else together...:P

As always I am doing Zaku.

Cherry
07-03-2004, 12:32 AM
:D Yay Naruto Cosplayers!

I think I -may- be doing Sakura!

ZakuKitty
07-03-2004, 12:33 AM

Sweet. We don't get too many of those. :bigtu:

kirineko
07-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Tenya: I just recently moved from Plano to Fort Worth and the only Para Para machine I came across was at Richardson Square Mall and also at Main Event in Plano.

There's also one in the Irving Mall, on the lower level, in Animation Town, which is a super cool video arcade, with almost all Japanese arcade games.

It's kind of hard to find though :X

Cherry
07-03-2004, 11:49 AM
There is also a mall, off topic, that is really close. Just going down 59 through the airport, in Deerbrook Mall.

HackerEd
07-03-2004, 06:30 PM

That's what I'm doing too, I'm starting on it next week. Good luck with the zipper....

Cherry
07-03-2004, 06:41 PM
That's what I'm doing too, I'm starting on it next week. Good luck with the zipper....

Zippers and me get along really well. I fear no zipper after the full-body Unknown one, and Sora. :)

HackerEd
07-03-2004, 07:38 PM
Since this is my first cosplay, I dunno how it will turn out. Almost everyone I've talked to says the zipper is the hardest part of sakura's outfit. At least I'm going to have a lot of help.

Cherry
07-03-2004, 09:59 PM
Since this is my first cosplay, I dunno how it will turn out. Almost everyone I've talked to says the zipper is the hardest part of sakura's outfit. At least I'm going to have a lot of help.

Just love your zipper foot. <3.

Digital Blush
07-03-2004, 10:30 PM

Heh, ZakuKitty is trying to get me to cosplay Ino. I might, though. I like how she sparkles in the game. Plus I'm making my boyfriend be Sasuke again. xD :Glomps him: I hope I can go to Oni-con, parents are thinking about it. I told them I would earn my own money for the hotel. They're thinking about it. Btw I loved your Sora cosplay at A-kon and you friends Rikku it was amazing! <3

ZakuKitty
07-03-2004, 11:32 PM
The world needs more Inos and Sakuras. :bigtu:

Digital Blush
07-03-2004, 11:48 PM
lol i actually see alot of sakuras. at akon i only saw two Ino's and i took a picture of one she was awesome but the picture didnt come out and the picture my boyfriend took she blinked T_T

HackerEd
07-04-2004, 12:19 AM
lol i actually see alot of sakuras. at akon i only saw two Ino's and i took a picture of one she was awesome but the picture didnt come out and the picture my boyfriend took she blinked T_T

Maybe next time u should bring a digital camera so u can check how it turns out befoe it's too late.... or a videocamera either one.

ZakuKitty
07-04-2004, 12:42 AM
Just drag Umino Lee around. Her digital camera takes over 100 pictures and good quality. :eeek: :woah:

Digital Blush
07-04-2004, 03:08 AM
lol my boyfriend did have a digital camera actually she didnt blink, he moved the camera and didnt tell me anything. e_E rar

HackerEd
07-04-2004, 07:29 PM
U can't always expect boyfriends to be good ^_^ Mine never told me he was gonna be out of town all summer untill the last day of school. :untrust:

Tenya Muyo
07-04-2004, 11:01 PM
So many Naruto cosplays........ I'm going to have to do one now!! Eventually ^_^;; If you guys do get a full cast together, I want pictures!! I mean TONS of PICTURES!!!!

And for those who answered my question about Para Para, Arigato-gizamus Mina-san!! I can't wait to see everyone @ Oni-con!!

Pirate Usagi
07-05-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm going as Meroko from Full Moon wo Sagashite and either Relena (GW), Kagura (FB), or Akari (BAV). And Kaitou Jeanne

Cherry
07-05-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm going as Meroko from Full Moon wo Sagashite and either Relena (GW), Kagura (FB), or Akari (BAV). And Kaitou Jeanne

It's nice that another Meroko is going! ^_^

miaka2u
07-05-2004, 04:37 PM
I'm hoping to go too, but then again I'm moving up to Shreveport in Louisiana and that makes it an even longer drive... XP I'd probably be going with Pirate Usagi and will be cosplaying Mitsuki in her pajamas and possible a few others that I'll have to decide on. ^^

So Cherry your going to Oni-con as Merook, eh? COOL! I'll have two, hopefully we'll find some other FMwS cosplayers and can join in for a picture, ne? So much fun! :heart:

Cherry
07-06-2004, 05:09 AM
I'm hoping to go too, but then again I'm moving up to Shreveport in Louisiana and that makes it an even longer drive... XP I'd probably be going with Pirate Usagi and will be cosplaying Mitsuki in her pajamas and possible a few others that I'll have to decide on. ^^

So Cherry your going to Oni-con as Merook, eh? COOL! I'll have two, hopefully we'll find some other FMwS cosplayers and can join in for a picture, ne? So much fun! :heart:

Yes, I'm head of cosplay, and will be hosting the cosplay in Meroko. Since she is shinigami and such. It's a good cute demon costume.

Ryo Ikari
07-08-2004, 07:57 PM
i'm going to Oni-con. YAY! ^_^ keiichi.net going to be then i'm there for sure. ^_^ even if i'm from New Mexico. just got to save money like crazy. ^_^;

i'm going to cosplay as:
Yuki from Fruits Basket
Seta From Love Hina

i'm going to try and make more costume. but i'm not sure.

Digital Blush
07-10-2004, 02:02 AM
i'm trying to earn some cash by selling some of my costumes and stuff. this is my of saying to my parents i can pay for my own costumes and badge and some of the hotel if they let me go to oni-con wish me luck. xD :earned 105 so far: weee!

Ryo Ikari
07-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Good Luck Uchiha. ^_^ : i earned 305: but. i need like 700 more. ;_;

Digital Blush
07-10-2004, 05:19 PM
whoa why so much money? XD are you paying for everything yourself =(? man i need a job xD i think i should start comissioning or something. but i get frustrated when working on my own costumes. hahaha.

Ryo Ikari
07-10-2004, 08:02 PM
yup i have to pay for all of it myself. and i'm not gotting to drive for 13 hours to Oni-Con so i'm going to flight. and that cost about 350 or less a round trip. then the hotel it 89+tax a night.

Digital Blush
07-11-2004, 12:06 AM
really i didnt know the hotel was 89 bucks a night :didnt see that on the website: XD just making sure but it is 89 a night? because if it is that'd be awesome! because some of my friends are coming and would pay for their stay so wee

Ryo Ikari
07-11-2004, 12:46 PM
i called the hotel and asked them for ther best price. but the $89/night starts Oct. 22

ZakuKitty
07-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Damn..scratch Kojiro from my list. It will take a bit to make Nidaime. Instead of Kojiro I may be doing Genma in his place.

:bigtu:

Omni
07-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Hmmm, $89 for 2 nights, drive about an hour to get there and back each day, or just stay at a cheaper hotel nearby. Tough decision or maybe I will look into getting a roommate or 2 for the weekend. I drive an hour+ to work Mon-Fri but I dont know how tired I will be at the end of each night in order to drive home.

HackerEd
07-14-2004, 11:11 AM
A bunch of my friends are going together one of their moms is all for us going during school and agreed to be our chaperone. My parents might actually let me go now, they've known her for like 9 years. We live close enough to just pile everyone up in the suburban and drive for like 30 mins to get there every day.

jinnai
07-15-2004, 01:14 AM
Wonder how big the facility is...

ZakuKitty
07-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Oni-Con Site (http://oni-con.com/)

They don't have the size of the con yet but the hotel looks big enough...>_>

Cherry
07-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Oni-Con Site (http://oni-con.com/)

They don't have the size of the con yet but the hotel looks big enough...>_>

It's big for a first year con, though now I am wishing we would have bought even bigger since apparently everyone and their dog is going to Oni-Con. X_X;; WEE!

ZakuKitty
07-15-2004, 07:33 PM
It's big for a first year con, though now I am wishing we would have bought even bigger since apparently everyone and their dog is going to Oni-Con. X_X;; WEE!

Indeed. :P I haven't seen much activity in the Oni-Con forum yet...>_<

Cherry
07-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I think people fear our Forums. The hotel is already getting near sold out, though. I know we have many many peoples coming. o_o;;;

:3 You guys should all join the forums.

HuongStar
07-16-2004, 03:51 PM
The hotel is already getting near sold out, though. I know we have many many peoples coming. o_o;;;

How much is the hotel each night with the convention rate?

Cherry
07-16-2004, 05:09 PM
How much is the hotel each night with the convention rate?

89 for two people. You can have single or double beds. Honestly, I am just lying and saying I have 2 and am having four in there. >_>; They don't need to know my buisness.

If you feel like being honest, it's 10 dollars for each additional adult.

Scortia
07-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Yeah I learned that lesson when she reported we were paying over $100 a night for our room... >_< But saying you have two only gets you two keycards doesn't it?

Malicious
07-16-2004, 06:03 PM
i'll be going ^_^ woooo!! can't wait ((o >.< o))
costumes:
Shun from Duel Jewel
Scissorwoman from Clocktower 3
Maria from Silent Hill 2
but i don't know if i will complete all XD...... but i'm really hoping to pull off Shun:love:

Digital Blush
07-16-2004, 06:06 PM
ahh i hope my parents give me a clear answer about going to oni-con.. AND SOON. if not the hotel will be sold out =( that makes me sad i like wondering around at night and not having my mom worry where i am because i'm in the hotel and not somewhere else X_x crazy over protective moms. do you know how old the person has to be to check out a room? because at akon it was 21 but i'm just making sure. is there a age limit? also like how many adults have to be in the hotel with a number of many teens? argh i want to go and frolick around the hotel as shugo. =(

ZakuKitty
07-16-2004, 08:07 PM
At A-Kon I checked in and out of my room and I'm 20. :P

jinnai
07-16-2004, 08:29 PM
weee! I want REAL TEXAS STEAK!

Knightfall
07-16-2004, 08:56 PM
With the way my schedule is looking, i'll be lucky if I can make it up for Saturday. :(

Malicious
07-17-2004, 01:02 AM
With the way my schedule is looking, i'll be lucky if I can make it up for Saturday. :(
aww;_; you can't miss friday!! that's the concert night.....

ZakuKitty
07-19-2004, 09:15 PM
And anybody who's anybody can't miss Friday night. :O j/k

That sucks...:/

PatrickD
07-20-2004, 12:23 AM
I was updating the listing for Oni-Con at Anime-Cons.com and was quite impressed by the guest list. ...so much so that I'm now considering flying down from Boston. (I've been looking for some con to attend in the fall.)

HuongStar
07-20-2004, 08:36 AM
I was updating the listing for Oni-Con at Anime-Cons.com and was quite impressed by the guest list. ...so much so that I'm now considering flying down from Boston. (I've been looking for some con to attend in the fall.)

It might be fun... nothing like good ol' Southern hospitality! :)

I think I'll get an reservation for two, so long as they have a double-bed room.

PatrickD
07-20-2004, 12:09 PM
It might be fun... nothing like good ol' Southern hospitality! :)

That's all I need.

"Y'all look over yonder! It's one of them tall yankee folks! Let's get him!"

If it's any consolation, I hate the Yankees. Go Red Sox! ;)

Cherry
07-20-2004, 12:33 PM
That's all I need.

"Y'all look over yonder! It's one of them tall yankee folks! Let's get him!"

If it's any consolation, I hate the Yankees. Go Red Sox! ;)

Oooh.. I getta' yank to go harass... ::Glance left and right:: I was raised in California, actually. xD So. I don't know how THAT works.

Lol. Oni-Con is really looking to shape up. We still actually have a few more guests to add. I'm REALLY looking forward to Oni-Con 2 as well. We already have some line-ups for some REALLY cool guests. :X My lips are sealed though.

ZakuKitty
07-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Oooh.. I getta' yank to go harass... ::Glance left and right:: I was raised in California, actually. xD So. I don't know how THAT works.

Lol. Oni-Con is really looking to shape up. We still actually have a few more guests to add. I'm REALLY looking forward to Oni-Con 2 as well. We already have some line-ups for some REALLY cool guests. :X My lips are sealed though.

Good. I like surprises. :bigtu:

HackerEd
07-22-2004, 01:37 PM
I will have to miss friday, it's band night for Pearland, and I'm in the highschool marching band *by force, not choice* It's the only time when ALL members of PISD's band program has to be present and playing at the football game *I hate football too, so this really sucks* My parents won't let me skip out on it...

MarzGurl
07-22-2004, 01:43 PM
Well, it's definately confirmed, I'll be there with my camera, and this time we'll maybe have two or three cameras total wandering around. We're gonna try to get as much action as humanly possible, unlike when my group filmed A-Kon. We got cool stuff, but it wasn't as informative of the full scope as it could have been. This should definately be different. We'll be trying to get footage of more guests of honor, and supposedly there will be a section roped off at the concert for photography purposes, and I hope I get a good open view!

HackerEd
07-23-2004, 12:06 PM
I just keep getting unlucky :waaaah: ... that saturday is an ALL DAY marching contest for my band.... I pray that I don't make marching band... maye I should mess up on purpose...

KyokiMarie
07-23-2004, 03:35 PM
I am going as well I can not started a costume though. I am thinking of doing Auron form Final Fantasy X. Anyone else going to this con?
Whoa. Another dragonsama. You'd not happen to know a dragonsamaX would you?

And I'm going! Me, me!

Guilty_Penguin
07-23-2004, 07:16 PM
I just keep getting unlucky :waaaah: ... that saturday is an ALL DAY marching contest for my band.... I pray that I don't make marching band... maye I should mess up on purpose...
lmao :rofl:
You should! don't you dare let that marching band thing get in the way!! what's more important to you? honestly,,, I'd skip the contest.... does anime make you happier than blowing on an instrument?

ayn*chan
07-24-2004, 09:10 PM
You could always fail a class -- no pass no play! ;P But I don't recommend that. >_<

I'm totally looking forward to the masque -- Cherry is running the show so no one has anything to worry about. :) My group has a really great skit planned, we can't wait to perform it! :D

ayn*chan
07-24-2004, 09:16 PM
A bunch of my friends are going together one of their moms is all for us going during school and agreed to be our chaperone. My parents might actually let me go now, they've known her for like 9 years. We live close enough to just pile everyone up in the suburban and drive for like 30 mins to get there every day.

And if you love Oni-con, please get a hotel room. It helps pay expenses required to hold a con and whatever is left over goes to make the next Onicon even better. :D Trust me, $89/nite for a hotel room at a con is, like, NOTHING. Akon was $125 a night, Ushi was $98 or so... if you share a room the cost isn't bad at all. I live in Houston and I still got a room.

KyokiMarie
07-25-2004, 02:53 AM
I'd get a room, but i can barely afford the drive from Florida to houston. We're sleeping in the van. ^^; Again.

Fluffy-chan
07-26-2004, 12:22 AM

I know how you feel. :lost: I used to be in marching band too. I played the flute and was elected first chair, so I had to attend every event. It's a total let-down to be deprived of something that you really want to go to. During Halloween we were going to dress in costume for the game but, the principal found out and said we couldn't. That sucked because I wanted to wear my InuYasha costume :waaaah: I'm still mad about it! Since I was also in color gaurd, I should have dressed up in my costume and run to the middle of the field while swinging my Tetsaiga aroud like a lunatic! (to aliviate some of my frustration)

My parents are quite lenient with me so they let me ditch school for Ushi-con! I stayed at my best friends' house the whole week end. (That's because the day before I had been picked to play the solo in our UIL concert competition)

Marching contest is really important though. I hope you make the right decision. Please don't mess up! You'll regret it! Really think about it.

Maybe you can leave early from the competition after you perform, or make plans to go to O-Chibi con since it's in Houston. Remember that there is always next year too!

Good luck! ^.^

HackerEd
07-27-2004, 08:54 PM
I probably won't make marching band even if I didn't mess up.My bro says they're not gonna march a lot of people this year and I'm a freshman in the lowest band^^ Also, ever since I got braces I play worse than I used to... they didn't even bother to give me any music to practice, so everytime we play something I gotta look off of whoever's sitting next to me. Either way, I'm gonna have to show up to one of the football games with pink hair!

Cherry
07-28-2004, 04:10 PM
^^ Lol. I would have loved to see marching band people with pink hair. That would have added something extra!

So. Anyone actually have a concrete costume list for Oni-Con yet?

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-28-2004, 04:19 PM
^^ Lol. I would have loved to see marching band people with pink hair. That would have added something extra!

So. Anyone actually have a concrete costume list for Oni-Con yet?

*raises hand*
Only because Ayn made me.

Cherry
07-28-2004, 04:27 PM
*raises hand*
Only because Ayn made me.

She does that.

So far, I haveeee...

Harry Potter (Harry Potter)
Meroko (Full Moon wo Sagashite)
Kadja (FF7:Advent Children)

W00t~!

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Oni-con:

Saionji (Utena)
Draco (Harry Potter)
GIR (Invader Zim)
Sailor Star Maker (Sailor Moon)
possibly Kite (.hack video games)

MarzGurl
07-28-2004, 06:49 PM
All I have going for me right now is FF7's Elena. I'm also thinking about doing a female Yatta! ^_^

Cherry
07-28-2004, 07:13 PM
All I have going for me right now is FF7's Elena. I'm also thinking about doing a female Yatta! ^_^

I could re-style my Reno wig and drag him outta my closet..

Reno: ::Smoke:: No. -.o;

YES.

Bishoujo
07-28-2004, 08:26 PM
Count me in! I can't wait for it! You know if you click on Oni-Con on someone's convention list...all the list of people who are going show up too!
I Heart This Website!!
Bishoujo

Cherry
07-28-2004, 08:28 PM
Already 50 people going?! WOW~

Knightfall
07-28-2004, 08:30 PM
I'd list myself as going but , the thing is that i'll be directing a play here in town, and I don't think my cast would appreciate me cancelling rehearsal just so I can go to a convention. Then again, some of my cast ARE otakus....

Ayane_Eiketsu
07-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Me and about 5 other people are going we have a FF7 group started for the masquerade! We have all the TURKS plus Aeris and Cloud :rockon: . And a Naruto group :bigtu:

But can't wait to see DUEL JEWEL :jjacks: :heart: :jjacks:

Dai
07-28-2004, 11:10 PM
Hmm... I might be going. If all goes well.

If I do go, I'll cosplay as Alucard from Hellsing, or Rip if my Alucard costume isn't finished...

ZakuKitty
07-29-2004, 12:07 AM
So far it is definitely:

2nd Hokage Nidaime (Naruto)
Zaku (Naruto)

Possibly:

Genma (Naruto)
Kouji (Digimon Frontier)

I know...a lot of Naruto but the only new one I need to work on is Nidaime. :P

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-29-2004, 02:10 AM
So far it is definitely:

2nd Hokage Nidaime (Naruto)
Zaku (Naruto)

Possibly:

Genma (Naruto)
Kouji (Digimon Frontier)

I know...a lot of Naruto but the only new one I need to work on is Nidaime. :P

IM A NINJA!!!! :crylaugh:

ZakuKitty
07-29-2004, 03:29 AM
IM A NINJA!!!! :crylaugh:

WEARIN' ALL BLACK! :bigtu:

MarzGurl
07-29-2004, 10:55 AM
"I'll be all clinging up on the ceiling and they'll be like, 'What the... a ninja?' 'Awesome, it's a party!' I'll be like, 'Just throw the cake up here, please!'"

Tenya Muyo
07-29-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm also thinking about doing a female Yatta! ^_^

Oh Man, that Would be FUNNY!! :bigtu: :bigtu: :bigtu: This is getting really exciting!! I hope august and september go by fast!!

ZakuKitty
07-29-2004, 12:00 PM
"I'll be all clinging up on the ceiling and they'll be like, 'What the... a ninja?' 'Awesome, it's a party!' I'll be like, 'Just throw the cake up here, please!'"

We must go out and ninja in the night.

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Does anyone have a link to that video? I can't find it anywhere. :waaaah:

ZakuKitty
07-29-2004, 01:31 PM
Does anyone have a link to that video? I can't find it anywhere. :waaaah:

Try the bottom of this page. ^__^

Ninja Video (http://narutochuushin.com/main.php?category=multimedia&page=musicvideos)

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Try the bottom of this page. ^__^

Ninja Video (http://narutochuushin.com/main.php?category=multimedia&page=musicvideos)

I LOVE YOU! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

ZakuKitty
07-29-2004, 02:07 PM
I LOVE YOU! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:crylaugh: YAY! I'M LOVED!

Cherry
07-29-2004, 03:13 PM
:crylaugh: YAY! I'M LOVED!

IN MORE WAYS THAN YOU KNOOOOW! XD

loserific
07-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Hey,I'm going to Oni-Con as well! This will be my first con and well,second cosplay(I went to Cherry's oh-so-cool picnic in March) Hopefully my mom dosen't freak out on me and all of the sudden decided to not go. x_x She has a habbit of things like that.

Anyway, I'm going as Gunner Yuna and Chii. My friend will be going as Rikku from FFX and my Freya so I will have a partner. I can't wait! ^^

Cherry
07-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Hey,I'm going to Oni-Con as well! This will be my first con and well,second cosplay(I went to Cherry's oh-so-cool picnic in March) Hopefully my mom dosen't freak out on me and all of the sudden decided to not go. x_x She has a habbit of things like that.

Anyway, I'm going as Gunner Yuna and Chii. My friend will be going as Rikku from FFX and my Freya so I will have a partner. I can't wait! ^^

There is actually another picnic coming up SOON! Website is almost done for it!

Fluffy-chan
07-29-2004, 04:03 PM
I'm glad to see so many responses and, I'm looking forward to Oni-Con!

I am also very impressed with what they have been able to accomplish in the given time!
I've already reserved rooms for it! I hope that everyone will attend, if they can, to support Oni-con!

See you all there!

Cherry
07-29-2004, 06:38 PM
Now our con WILL be cool. xD OMG. We're up to 53 cosplayers. <3.

MENTHU
07-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Hmm...I heard that there would be no Con-suite at Oni-con. Doesn't that go against a standard Cons? I was wondering why didn't oni-con get a larger hotel like Kamikazecon's Hyatt regency downtown(www.hyatt.com/corporate/gateway/gateway_houston.jhtml),
sure oni-con has amphiteater but it only sits 200 hundred before the fire marshal has to shut it down. Plus the location of Oni-con's hotel is farther away from houston then O-chibicon's. Also they aren't have any real contest with any prizes for cosplayer like kamikazecon or O-chibicon.

Trinity
07-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Can't miss out on a convention that close to home. I'm in. Heaven knows what costumes I'll bring, but I'll be there.

moonglaive
07-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Hmm...I heard that there would be no Con-suite at Oni-con. Doesn't that go against a standard Cons? I was wondering why didn't oni-con get a larger hotel like Kamikazecon's Hyatt regency downtown(www.hyatt.com/corporate/gateway/gateway_houston.jhtml),
sure oni-con has amphiteater but it only sits 200 hundred before the fire marshal has to shut it down. Plus the location of Oni-con's hotel is farther away from houston then O-chibicon's. Also they aren't have any real contest with any prizes for cosplayer like kamikazecon or O-chibicon.

What con standards are you going by may I ask? Since when did cons compare to one another anyway? Does it matter how big the hotel is if it suits your needs? I don't seeing prizes mentioned anywhere...and this is obviously a petty nit-pinking rant...since O-chibicon is at a hotel less than five minutes from the Sheraton.

If you don't have anything nice to say, shut up. That goes for all sides...don't breed any dissention amongst the anime crowd.

ZakuKitty
07-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Oni-Con is new so I am not worried about size...nor was I to begin with. ;)

I still need to buy my badge.....>_>*runs off to buy*

jinnai
07-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Im happy to go because they are giving me opportunity!!!

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU ONI-CON!

moonglaive
07-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Im happy to go because they are giving me opportunity!!!

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU ONI-CON!

Aw....! {{huggles}} Keiichi.net loves you too :P

BTW! If anyone is interested (doesn't pertain to cosplay...) Our LAN room is being provided by TOE's Online Gaming and they're bringing their bubble/boba/tapioca tea materials to sell in the dealers room!

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-29-2004, 09:26 PM

First the KKC thread now this. Just leave the negativity towards Oni-con somewhere else. Or go talk to yourself in a basement. I am attending all of all of these cons as well as many others.
Why would you have the complaint about con-suite anyway?
...Isn't your opinion bias as well?
:heart: for all! :heart:
And double for the awesome guest dj!! :heart: :heart:

Fluffy-chan
07-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Oni-con is gonna be great, regardless of wether it meets certain standards. Feh! Who cares if it's not like other cons.

Heck, I'm just glad that there is actually gonna be an Oni-con. Any one with malice remarks should keep their comments to themselves because there's no room for that anywhere in the anime fan community.

The same goes for everyone. Rude remarks that demean Oni-con don't belong here. And saying shut-up to someone, or all for that matter, isn't a nice thing to say either, no matter what the cercumstances may be.

Cmon people! This is about anime fans comming together and sharing ideas with each other. It's not a place to bicker and fight with each other.

Go ahead and butcher me if you want but, Facts are facts, aren't they?

jinnai
07-29-2004, 09:30 PM
To those with hateful remarks, please stop bashing. It hurts me as an anime fan to hear this.

If this keeps going on, the anime fandom scene will die slowly for all of us. :cries: ><

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-29-2004, 09:33 PM
Go ahead and butcher me if you want but, Facts are facts, aren't they?

Except when facts are fun facts and not filled with the hidden messages (GOTO ONI-CON) that people sometimes (ONI-CON IS GOOD) put in their (October 22-24) posts.

Fluffy-chan
07-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Amen!

jinnai you rock :rockon:

It couldn't be said better than that!

jinnai, I look forward to hearing your work at Oni-con!

jinnai
07-29-2004, 09:38 PM
YAY!!!!! (happy)

MarzGurl
07-29-2004, 10:48 PM
~points at Jinnai~
This man knows what he's talking about. We are a fun-loving community. Oni-Con should promote that! :reverse:

Dai
07-29-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm probably gonna come... If I can get my mom to take me...... She likes cons, so I have that much on my side...

Tenya Muyo
07-29-2004, 11:04 PM
. Also they aren't have any real contest with any prizes for cosplayer like kamikazecon or O-chibicon.

I personally like it that way. Then people are up on stage to have fun, not vying for prizes. That's what cosplay is, right? It's fun! You're in a hot costume to have fun! :jjacks: I don't care as long as i get to make people laugh while i'm on stage! Rock on Oni-con!!!! :rockon:

Cherry
07-29-2004, 11:09 PM
I apologize, everyone.

<3. We chose our location due to the closeness of the Bush Airport. <3. Since we have many many out of town people coming, and so that Duel Jewel can come in with ease. Our patrons also enjoy the free shuttle service, that is a quick five minute ride.

I am SO SORRY guys. I didn't want this to spill over. ^_^<3.

Oh, and by the way, as head of cosplay for Oni-Con, I can assure we do have ROCKING prizes for cosplay. I'm having full trophies made and possibly plaquereds, with a certificate as well. And god knows what nifty mangas and stuff. ^_^<3. Just to correct that.

I've already informed the moderators of the hateful posts.. again. I am so sorry. I am particially responsible. I sometimes forget that certain people in the cosplay community can't handle free speech. Slinging arrows and direct -attacks- on people is just unacceptable, and if I have in ANYWAY insulted ANYONE, I am sorry, including to Menthu. <3.

jinnai
07-29-2004, 11:16 PM
WE STILL LOVE YOU CHERRY!

:cries his little heart out: ><;;;

Fluffy-chan
07-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Yeah! We still love ya! ^.*

MENTHU
07-30-2004, 12:09 AM
What con standards are you going by may I ask? Since when did cons compare to one another anyway? Does it matter how big the hotel is if it suits your needs? I don't seeing prizes mentioned anywhere...and this is obviously a petty nit-pinking rant...since O-chibicon is at a hotel less than five minutes from the Sheraton.

If you don't have anything nice to say, shut up. That goes for all sides...don't breed any dissention amongst the anime crowd.

I guess your right, there is no standards. Started comparing? When have we not compared one convention to another, isn't it human nature? Well I guess that if your hotel fits your need then that's good for you. I was just wandering if you will be in a larger hotel in 2006? I don't ever believe that I said how far O-Chibicon was from Oni-Con I just said it was farther.

wow if everyone took your advice about "having nothing nice to say, [then] shut up" the world be nice place but unfortunately it's not.

Cherry
07-30-2004, 12:33 AM
Thank you, Fluffy and Jinnai. <3. You is good peoples. ANYWAY! ^_^ Back to the discussion at hand!

I actually bought my fabric for my Full Moon wo Sagashite costume today. Is anyone else going to do Full Moon wo Sagashite? It's not a very popular series!

My friends are actually trying to rope me into doing a Nartuo costume too.. I am supposed to do Sakura, but.. X-o;; She's just so plain, and Naruto gets cool poses, and and.. *Cry*. I dunno.. We should make a Naruto Gathering on Saturday morning or something. :x

kirineko
07-30-2004, 02:48 AM

Katsucon in 2003 had no Con Suite. Noone's head exploded, and nobody died. I promise.

Also, while Oni-con may not be in the middle of downtown Houston, it IS highly convient to the airport. Being that I am flying in, this makes me VERY HAPPY.

Anyway, you seem to have no interest in anything other than causing drama. While we may have our points of diversion on some things, I'd rather work together with the other cons to SUPPORT each other, not tear each other down. Let them at least have their con before you start declaring that they suck, alright? Otherwise, you're just making KamikazeCon look bad, by splurning all the crud to support them.

Also, a lot of conventions, especially smaller ones, or first year cons, hold masquerades, as opposed to CONTESTS for money. Guess what? Cosplayers still participate. I'd like to think, and from what I've seen it's true, that cosplayers participate in these events for the LOVE OF DRESSING UP, not because they're going to get rich.

kirineko
07-30-2004, 02:57 AM
:D I'm going to be coming to Oni-con! For definite!

Not only that, but I'm bringing at least 7 other people with me! :rockon:

I'll be cosplaying my usual jrock stuff. I promise one year I'll actually roll out an anime cosplay, but not until my sewing skills have improved.

Planned cosplays for Oni-con:
Imai from Buck-Tick, cosplaying Kurt Cobain, Uta PV
Tatsurou from MUCC, July Fool's Mate photoshoot.
Third, undecided cosplay.

I should also be sporting my Duel Jewel shirt, designed by Niki Broughton. (for you gamers out there, she did character design for the new game, Sudeki, that I've heard very good things about. ^_^)

Anyway, I'm excited! A con I can fly to, and stay at, without having to pay an arm and a leg! And NOT on a holiday weekend, meaning I can take the time off.

Cherry
07-30-2004, 03:21 AM
I should also be sporting my Duel Jewel shirt, designed by Niki Broughton. (for you gamers out there, she did character design for the new game, Sudeki, that I've heard very good things about. ^_^)

SQUEEK! Sudeki is SO SO GOODD!!!

ZakuKitty
07-30-2004, 11:11 AM
My friends are actually trying to rope me into doing a Nartuo costume too.. I am supposed to do Sakura, but.. X-o;; She's just so plain, and Naruto gets cool poses, and and.. *Cry*. I dunno.. We should make a Naruto Gathering on Saturday morning or something. :x

<3 I'll be there with other people. :bigtu:

I'll most likely do Nidaime if it's the official photo shoot gathering...<_<

Fluffy-chan
07-30-2004, 11:12 AM
Weee! I can't wait for the concert!! :rockon:

I get to see Duel Jewel again!!!

MarzGurl
07-30-2004, 11:21 AM
I hope the spot where they stick photographers for the concert isn't half bad... I don't think people would like it if I came back with a poor shot to post on my site.

kirineko
07-30-2004, 01:27 PM
I hope the spot where they stick photographers for the concert isn't half bad... I don't think people would like it if I came back with a poor shot to post on my site.

Well, I know they will likely have a press section set aside for 'official' photographers...otherwise, any pres that is there, as well as photographers for the convention, and for the band.

Other than that, it's catch as you can on pictures. They don't have a particular section for people just taking pictures for their own personal use. Taking pictures at concerts is kind of rough, though, as there is lots of jostling and random arm movements,and everything is so fast paced. Also, they will ask for you to NOT use flash, as it can BLIND the performers on stage...and it's very hard to take good, quality photos without flash, in the dark. I also find that it tends to take away from the concert experince, at least for me personally, as I am more focused on getting a good shot than having a good time.

I would suggest however, taking your picture to autograph signins. The boys of Duel Jewel are very nice, and quite willing and happy to pose for pictures. ^_^

kirineko
07-30-2004, 01:31 PM
SQUEEK! Sudeki is SO SO GOODD!!!

I wish I had an Xbox! It looks so awesome! And it's my one claim to fame 'OMG I KNOW SOMEONE WHO WORKED ON THAT VIDEO GAME!'

Haha. Maybe we will see some Sudeki cosplayers at Oni-con. ^_^

Scortia
07-30-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm likely bringing Naruto or Sailor Uranus.... Au Revoir Yu~ki of Malice Mizer (Halloween colors ~_~), and maybe an original Oni or Rydia of FFIV, and a mystery costume. GOd that's a lot of indefinites ~_~

Cherry
07-30-2004, 01:49 PM
ATTENTION!

I am thinking of throwing together a mini-masquerade on Friday of Oni-related costumes. :3 Like.. Anything demon-related or even original oni's. Scortia just reminded me of this, but we had talked about it on the boards. Anyone interested?

And amen to seeing Duel Jewel again. They've gotten SO MUCH better.

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-30-2004, 03:13 PM
ONICON COSPLAY!?!?!?!
IM SO THERE! *starts drawing out ideas*

Cherry
07-30-2004, 03:14 PM
I think like. Inuyasha and Slayers characters and stuff would all count as demons too, riiiight? :D

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-30-2004, 03:17 PM
I think like. Inuyasha and Slayers characters and stuff would all count as demons too, riiiight? :D

o_0... I guess so, they are "demons" and "half demons."

Fluffy-chan
07-30-2004, 03:59 PM
ATTENTION!

I am thinking of throwing together a mini-masquerade on Friday of Oni-related costumes. :3 Like.. Anything demon-related or even original oni's. Scortia just reminded me of this, but we had talked about it on the boards. Anyone interested?

And amen to seeing Duel Jewel again. They've gotten SO MUCH better.

Umm. I think I'll just watch everyone. I'm a bit to shy to participate in the masquerade but, I'll cheer everyone else on!

Yeah! Duel Jewel has improved very much!

MENTHU
07-30-2004, 04:02 PM
Anyway, you seem to have no interest in anything other than causing drama. While we may have our points of diversion on some things, I'd rather work together with the other cons to SUPPORT each other, not tear each other down. Let them at least have their con before you start declaring that they suck, alright? Otherwise, you're just making KamikazeCon look bad, by splurning all the crud to support them.

Also, a lot of conventions, especially smaller ones, or first year cons, hold masquerades, as opposed to CONTESTS for money. Guess what? Cosplayers still participate. I'd like to think, and from what I've seen it's true, that cosplayers participate in these events for the LOVE OF DRESSING UP, not because they're going to get rich.

I was going to let this topic die out but, Hmm...if you insist.
What you say has some truth, but how would it "look" if right after another a has con posts info about themselfs they get nothing but flame and slander for two day (about 3 pages), on top of that the "staff" of the "opposing" con is the ones posting the slander? Plus as you may have or may not have seen I did already replay to moonglaive with a some what acceptable answer. I also must say after two days of slander, why would you be surprised to see a fanatic fan deciding to reply with their own opinions.

Fluffy-chan
07-30-2004, 04:22 PM
Geesh!

Maybe we should call this the Jerry Springer thread.

Guys, just let it go. We were already making some progress.

Cherry
07-30-2004, 05:28 PM
I was going to let this topic die out but, Hmm...if you insist.
What you say has some truth, but how would it "look" if right after another a has con posts info about themselfs they get nothing but flame and slander for two day (about 3 pages), on top of that the "staff" of the "opposing" con is the ones posting the slander? Plus as you may have or may not have seen I did already replay to moonglaive with a some what acceptable answer. I also must say after two days of slander, why would you be surprised to see a fanatic fan deciding to reply with their own opinions.

You know what. That is it.

When Admin gets back, I am going to speak to him reguarding your existance on this board.

You have only been on this board for two days, and your posts have done nothing but berate, degrade, and aggitate, and I will NOT stand for you harassing my friends, and my community.

Cherry
07-30-2004, 05:29 PM
Umm. I think I'll just watch everyone. I'm a bit to shy to participate in the masquerade but, I'll cheer everyone else on!

Yeah! Duel Jewel has improved very much!

Participate as a walk-on? Come on! I have faith in you!

MENTHU
07-30-2004, 05:43 PM
You know what. That is it.

When Admin gets back, I am going to speak to him reguarding your existance on this board.

You have only been on this board for two days, and your posts have done nothing but berate, degrade, and aggitate, and I will NOT stand for you harassing my friends, and my community.

Intesting, I've only been here for two day but you have posted slander, lie and other degrading comments that harrass other people for 2 nights. If this get me per-ban then by that same standerds you and your freinds would get pre-ban.

Cherry
07-30-2004, 05:51 PM
Intesting, I've only been here for two day but you have posted slander, lie and other degrading comments that harrass other people for 2 nights. If this get me per-ban then by that same standerds you and your freinds would get pre-ban.

I have not slandered or lied at all. I stated one opinion and you totally freaked out. I already withdrew from that discussion, as it is indeed going no where. I have said my peace. My friend Xero has said it best, I believe. I was wrong to even point out such a very very FUTILE matter as far as size. I wouldn't have even said it had not a few of my friends IMed me about it. I support the KamiKaze Con, and I support O-Chibi as well (Which you said I didn't, which is funny concidering I am attending it, and will no doubt be attending the KKC as well, as my friends are interested. ). At this point, all you are doing is carrying on and on and making yourself look AWFUL.

Yes, I will be degrading to you because YOU are being RUDE to the cosplay community, that you are not even apart of. Are you even a cosplayer? Are you really just sitting here WAITING at the boards to threaten us and argue with us? Find something else to do. Maybe there is a bitter con attendee board you can join, where your exploits will be more appreciated.

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Menthu your exsistance on the cosplay.com boards has brought nothing but arguements and slanders... Please take your negative attitudes and bad mouthing elsewhere.
These boards are here for community. POSITIVE not negative community. I will join Cherry in talking to the admin about your attitude and your posts on these boards.
We asked you to stop and you ignored us.

Cherry
07-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Menthu your exsistance on the cosplay.com boards has brought nothing but arguements and slanders... Please take your negative attitudes and bad mouthing elsewhere.
These boards are here for community. POSITIVE not negative community. I will join Cherry in talking to the admin about your attitude and your posts on these boards.
We asked you to stop and you ignored us.

oh em gee. x.x; All of the mods are like.. at Otakon right now. ;_; ... My ignore list isn't working or this would be so so easy to solve! !!!

OKAY

Now then. Back to the stuff at hand. Let's just try and get back to our discussion, guys. ;_; I am so so so sorry that this is cluttering up our discussions about Naruto and stuffs. <3.

MEH! Make loooooove not war. <3.

Now then.. Yeah. I think Oni-Cosplay would just have to be a tiny tiny event since not everyone will wanna make new demon costumes. Fluffy-chan ;-; Enter. Doon't be afraid. <3. ^_^ I bet everyone would love to see an Inu Yasha. He's a fan favorite! ><

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-30-2004, 06:04 PM
im goin to attempt to cosplay the male mascot.
image ref: http://www.oni-con.com/images/Mascots/onicon_mascot.jpg

Cherry
07-30-2004, 06:05 PM
im goin to attempt to cosplay the male mascot.
image ref: http://www.oni-con.com/images/Mascots/onicon_mascot.jpg

My brother is gonna re-draw him for the badge art, I think... That wig looks REALLY awesome. The only place I've ever seen that color is on Amphigory.com. I have a long wig that's the same shade.. I think it's .. Merlot? :3

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-30-2004, 06:07 PM
and you can let me borrow that wig... right??? *begs*

Cherry
07-30-2004, 06:16 PM
and you can let me borrow that wig... right??? *begs*

It will prolly take some MAJOR stylin' hun.

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-30-2004, 06:56 PM
im up for a good challenge

Tyr
07-30-2004, 07:04 PM
I have a quick question, im new to these boards but im not new to the cons. I was wondering why if oni-con is doing so well, why they think they have to corrupt the other cons. While i was attending ushicon 2004, i witnessed what i first thought was a young boy dressed as tidus taking down a color flyer that belonged to kamikazecon. I know most of the people working for that con so i knew that this person should not be messing with that flyer. When i asked a few people around me that was also witnessing the act of vandalism, they informed me that is was the head of cosplay for oni-con. I was just wondering if any one had a responce to this?

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-30-2004, 07:07 PM
since when did all of these new people come on the boards to bash oni-con?

why the hell is this happening?

and why do people insist on trying to cause trouble??

if that is a serious question... take it to oni-con.com forums...

we are tired of drama here.

------------------------------

edit: Just an observation... Tyr is the name of the Norse god for war...
didn't Menthu say, "Menthu is the Egyptian god of war" ?????
just an observation.

Tyr
07-30-2004, 07:09 PM
ok, i can ask this exact question on your boards as well if u like.

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-30-2004, 07:18 PM
My boards??

You mean the Oni-con boards right?

Because those aren't my boards.

Anyone else coming out for the Demon/half-demon cosplay friday night?

Tyr
07-30-2004, 07:22 PM
Oh, and to be exact, Tyr is not the Norse god of war, he was the god of justice. Im not here to bash oni-con, or any other con. I just asked a simple question. If you want to be exact, Odin was the god of war.

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Sorry I haven't studied mythology over summer. If you have a question for Oni-con people please take it to http://www.oni-con.com
They have forums there.
Thanks.

Scortia
07-30-2004, 07:24 PM
Kudos to you for making an Abenobashi costume... I love that anime.

I may make an original EGA demon if I find the time. I have a friend doing one that seems really promising. ^^

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Very cool... and Sasshi isn't hard at all. Just have to find the cowboy hat. LoL.
Even if you can't make it... show up for the pics!! ^_^

jinnai
07-30-2004, 07:28 PM
Jinnai is the evil ruler of El-Hazard and the Bugrom Army of DEATH...but im a friendly person on the boards. XD

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Death rave mixes!!! G-G-G-G-GOOOO!

I'm just looking foward to your music Jinnai... :rockon:

ZiggyB
07-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Ok that's it, we've gotten *way* too many complaints about this thread.

This thread will be closed because it has gotten so off topic.

All the parties contributing to this thread going haywire has been noted and the next time someone starts something they will be banned.

Fin.