PDA

View Full Version : Photoshoot?

Dragon Sama
12-18-2003, 06:59 PM
HEY! Anyone up for planning a photoshoot? I think it would be a great idea, like on Saturday morning near the front enterance or something. It would be an excellent oppertunity for both cosplayers and the ones taking the pictures.

Let's set a time. Any suggestions? Or do you think its not gonna work?

-Dragon Sama-

BountyBebopLuva
12-19-2003, 12:15 AM
That's a lovely idea!

Eurobeat King
12-19-2003, 02:19 AM
Dragonsama: Ahh, you beat me to starting a post about a possible cosplay.com photoshoot at Ohayocon2004.. I've been sooo busy at work, I haven't had a chance to start one yet, but I'll be glad to give some info here:

This will be the first time I'll be going to the Hyatt and convention center, so I don't know how big it's going to be, nor where would a good place be to have a gathering. :lost: If anyone can give me suggestions on WHERE might be a good place to accomodate a big group of cosplayers (and photographers) WITHOUT causing a big traffic jam, please let me know. We have over a month to go, and so I would like to have some ideas of where might be good spots for this so we'll be ready come January.

When I get there Friday morning, I'll be scoping out the place, and when I decide on it, I'll either post an announcement on a bulliten board, or just simply ask me when you see me Friday morning (or Saturday for last-minute inquiries) and I'll tell you when and where. Right now let's shoot for:

DAY: Saturday, January 24th
TIME: 1:00PM

Between 12pm-12:45pm I'll be walking around looking for cosplayers, and telling them about the photoshoot. Once we determine the spot, please go and mingle around (even before I show up) so you can settle in, and then at 1pm I'll call out to everyone who's there to line up in a specific spot and try to get everyone seen without blocking anyone behind them. (That tends to happen a lot, so please be corteous to behind you, sitting or standing.)

After the photographers take their pictures, the group will be dismissed and free to go on their way, but I'll still be in the area, taking pictures of cosplayers whom I didn't get solo pics of yet. So say like you show up in the photoshoot in a NEW costume (hasn't been seen before) and I get your costume in the GROUP photos, if you would like me to take some solo pictures, please come up and ask me and I'll be happy to. :)

That's the tentative plan for now.. Now we just need to find a place to have this photoshoot, which will be fun. With that in mind.. suggestions? (it would help if you've been there before and know the layout of the hotel and/or convention center to suggest a spot, or check out the hotel's website and check out the slide-show & virtual-tour for ideas.) ;)

Lady_Sephiroth
12-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Oooh I'm there. As for a where, I don't know. Is it set up like the DC Hyatt, with the multiple levels and stuff?

KnuxieChan
12-26-2003, 02:06 PM
I'd love to do a photoshoot ^^

Reiko-chan
12-29-2003, 08:19 PM
Count me in! ^^ I'll be wandering around on Saturday as Tsukasa from .hack//SIGN, so I'll try my best to remember and drag my group along with me! We're also doing One Piece, but that's probably going to be Friday.

Dragon Sama
12-30-2003, 11:45 PM
Eh... hehe. I guess we were thinking upon the same wavelength at the same time ^^ See you all there!

Bobbi
01-06-2004, 11:25 PM
I will probably be wearing white mage Yuna at that point. ^^; I'll be there! =P

KaoruNoTenshi
01-07-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm not quite sure if this would exactly work out very well, but I noticed a little while back on a choir trip that there's a nice little place just across the street (and perhaps a bit off to the side of the building -- hey, it's been awhile!).

It's a bit like an outdoor garden type place, and it's rather pretty. ^_^; Though, I'm not quite sure if you can get access to it (though it seems you can, as we were able to walk through, and I was able to see the Hyatt from where I was).

Just a suggestion on the pretty place I've noticed before. Maybe someone can go check it out before con time.

Dragon Sama
01-07-2004, 07:31 PM
I'm not quite sure if this would exactly work out very well, but I noticed a little while back on a choir trip that there's a nice little place just across the street (and perhaps a bit off to the side of the building -- hey, it's been awhile!).

It's a bit like an outdoor garden type place, and it's rather pretty. ^_^; Though, I'm not quite sure if you can get access to it (though it seems you can, as we were able to walk through, and I was able to see the Hyatt from where I was).

Just a suggestion on the pretty place I've noticed before. Maybe someone can go check it out before con time.

It sounds like a good idea, but remember its winter. I'm sure the place is pretty with all the snow, but we don't want red noses ^^ Brrrrrrr

KaoruNoTenshi
01-07-2004, 07:36 PM
It sounds like a good idea, but remember its winter. I'm sure the place is pretty with all the snow, but we don't want red noses ^^ Brrrrrrr

Snow? What snow?

-glances around to surroundings-

Currently, in my area of Ohio (30 minutes SW of Columbus), we have no snow, a freaking TON of rainfall left over, which is freezing over, and near 0 temperatures with wind chill. >.>;; So, not much snow promised, but it might be cold.

Isis Ishtar
01-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Yes, I'm pretty sure there is a little garden like place, but as someone above stated, it'll be covered with snow and all frosted over. Currently in Columbus, it was 12 degrees F this morning and there was about 1-2 inches of snow that had fallen overnight. My high school is a campus and so we had to freeze our butts off getting from building to building! My school is a few blocks from the Hyatt. So I don't think an outdoor photoshoot would be a good idea. If I ever have some time, I may be able to get to the hotel to scout out a spot, but I'm pretty busy right now.

Bobbi
01-07-2004, 11:42 PM
You never know, Ohio weather can be pretty freakish. Last week, it was in the upper 40's low 50's near Cleveland OH. I was leaving my coat in my car at work. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the weather will be like then. =P

marsie
01-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Okay it is snowing.....a lot....
Since the con will be in the Convention Center that is connected to the Hyatt...there will be some hundred thousand places to do photoshoots,
I suggest down on the first level near the opening to Nationwide BLVD. It has a huge staircase. ^_^

I think that it will be waay to cold. For anything outdoors.

I can take a short jont over to the place and get pictures of the area's if this would help?

JgPocky
01-08-2004, 09:03 PM
I'd like to participate, but I doubt that the weather would cooperate for any pictures outside. Mybe things will change in two weeks.

Eurobeat King
01-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Really? Is the snowing bad or is it tolerable? I have flashbacks to last year's Ohayocon when it was snowing a little bit, but not enough to close airports and strand people at cons.. THAT happened a few weeks later for me & plenty of other people at Katsucon 2003. :thumbsup: But yeah, there's still 2 weeks to go, and who knows? Come Ohayocon, there might not be a drop of snow on the ground. ;) hehe Snow is fine, to a certain point..

Starlit Rose
01-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Oooh, pictures would be lovely. ^_^ And muchly appreciated!

Paul Soth
01-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Yes, the Atrium would be the best place. I'll be there this weekend with my camera for anyone not famillar.

marsie
01-11-2004, 12:51 PM
The snow is gone...but it is still hella cold. But with typical Ohio it could be 60 degrees by the con...

Okay since Paul said he would get the pictures...I need not go. ^_^

Paul Soth
01-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Whoops, forgot the camera to last night's meeting. Anyway, here's a shot for Marcon back in May:

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://paulsoth.freeservers.com/hyatt/Atrium.jpg

There's also more images I put up for my friends over here (http://paulsoth.freeservers.com/hyatt/Hyatt1.html).

marsie
01-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Yes I believe that is where I was thinking of

What time are the Photoshoots?

Eurobeat King
01-16-2004, 03:09 AM
Paul: I like the pic you enclosed of the atrium.. thanks! :) It looks like that area is large, and that the steps are WIDE-enough for cosplayers to gather. What we could do for the photoshoot is either have everyone go towards the bottom of the area (where the tree is) and look up towards the top of the stairs where the photographers will be. This way the higher elevation will let more cosplayers be seen in the picture, and we'll have more room to back-up if need be to fit all of you in the frame. :)

Marsie: The cosplay.com photoshoot will be at 1pm, on Saturday. Check the forums (here and on the Ohayocon web-site) for any other cosplay gatherings. For this one if people want to gather by that tree (if that's the biggest, most recognizable landmark) around 12:45pm, I'll take individual pics of people until it gets close to 1pm, and then we'll form the gathering. :)

Sounds good? :skidude:

Bobbi
01-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Sounds good to me! ^^;

marsie
01-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Yea!

I guess that we can move the Final Fantasy PhotoShoot down.

Trust me that is the most open and recognizable place there. It is in between the hotel and the convention center.

Gah I can't wait.

Paul Soth
01-16-2004, 04:36 PM
1:00? Saturday? Hmm, hope I'm not too busy with the card tourniment...

Dragon Sama
01-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Wheeeeeeee!

Eurobeat King
01-17-2004, 03:53 PM
I'll probably be wearing Ohgami during the time of the photoshoot.. If you don't recognize me, his costume is the white shirt, black pants, green tie, black suspenders, and a orange-and-gold vest. :) If I choose not to cosplay for the photoshoot, then just look for me wearing my all-white attire, with possibly my King jacket on (white with blue-trim) THAT'S easy to spot.. hehe

Oh, I had a Q: In that picture that shows the walkway from the hotel to the convention center, how long IS the walk? I remember last year at AnimeCentral 2003, con-attendees had to walk for about 5-6 minutes through this walkway just to get to the exhibit hall. Is the walk for the Ohayocon hotel to the con-center about the same or shorter? I guess if the food-court is in the con-center, hungry otaku have no choice BUT to go the distance to feed their hunger, ne? ;)

JgPocky
01-18-2004, 02:35 PM
As far as I remember, the food court is right next to the atrium.

Paul Soth
01-18-2004, 04:31 PM
It's all connected, you won't need to go outside.

Eurobeat King
01-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the info. :) I wish I could get there Thursday to settle in and spend the day checking out the place rather than get there FR morning early and the con is already underway, but I have to work that TH and so I have to take a red-eye flight.. :waaaah: So hopefully I won't be overwhelmed on FR (or TIRED) when I get there. But I look forward to seeing everyone and the new hotel and all it has to offer. :D

Paul Soth
01-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Great, I got a panel to co-run at 1:00... care for a second grouping after the masqurade?

BountyBebopLuva
01-19-2004, 02:18 AM
Please don't say we have to go outside.. I'll FREEZE to death ><!

Starlit Rose
01-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Please don't say we have to go outside.. I'll FREEZE to death ><!

It's going to be in the hotel's atrium. Everyone's going to be meeting up by the tree shown in the picture on the previous page.

The-Real-Link
01-19-2004, 11:19 PM
As I've never been there before, I'm hoping to find out where things will be at eventually. I doubt I'll be costumed fully but I would still very much like to show up and meet everyone :)

Sakon
01-20-2004, 09:34 PM
With luck we will get there in time. It looks like we'll be arriving around noon-one pm. So we'll see. maybe I can drop by before waiting in the registration line, eh? Don't know if I can get all Ichigoed up that fast though.

ah, I look forward to seeing everyone again! Been too long! >^-^<

BountyBebopLuva
01-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Ok, now I feel stupid v.v

Anne Packrat
01-23-2004, 01:11 AM
Count me in! ^^ I'll be wandering around on Saturday as Tsukasa from .hack//SIGN, so I'll try my best to remember and drag my group along with me! We're also doing One Piece, but that's probably going to be Friday.

Hello, need a Grunty? It ain't gonna be an elegant costume, but hopefully you can tell what I am. It's the Limited Edition boxset grunty stuffed animal I'm doing. Actually, I think you're the people I've been asking about to figure out the plans! I'll wear the grunty costume on Saturday.

KnuxieChan
01-23-2004, 07:07 AM
Ok, now I feel stupid v.v

Me too... what's a atrium?..

InuYashadork
01-23-2004, 01:02 PM
hey im shippou and my friend is inu yasha we are going on saturday , but what time does it open..7:00am right?

InuYashadork
01-23-2004, 01:03 PM
oh yeah packrat i have a pet rat named boo..!!!:)

Ro chan
01-23-2004, 01:54 PM
woot! im on my way... shall be at the con in a few hours... see everyone their.