PDA

View Full Version : Area Hotels

Carmila
12-19-2003, 02:58 PM
I just got off the phone with the Hyatt and they have no more rooms (even thursday night!). Does anyone know if there is a hotel next door or nearby that can be booked for the weekend?

Darxim
12-19-2003, 03:38 PM
I reserved my room at the "Courtyard By Marriott Crystal City" hotel. It's right next door, if I remember correctly. You know, both hotels' (Marriot and Hyatt) addresses are on Jefferson Davis Highway, but neither hotel actually is. They're on the sidestreets.

There's also a Holiday Inn just across the many-laned road. It's not a far walk, but waiting to cross the street is annoying. It costs a few dollars less. Last year I stayed for $60/night, but I didn't see the same offer this year. The Holiday Inn actually is on Jefferson Davis Highway. I had reserved my room there the day before the con, so it will probably have vacancies.

I check hotelinsider.com for discounts. They don't get special rates, they just know what the already existing special rates are.

Darxim
12-19-2003, 04:14 PM
So, um, yeah, about what I just said...

Apparently there's a new rate out on the Courtyard By Marriot Crystal City hotel. It's $74/night (http://www.usahotelguide.com/nexres/reservations/availability.cgi?&src=10004705&se99866&nights=2&doa_yy=2004&doa_mm=02&doa_dd=13&dod_yy=2004&dod_mm=02&dod_dd=15&currency_id=&num_adults=&num_children=&num_rooms=1&num_beds=&bed_type=&smoking_pref=&hotels_id=10197750).

Special rates at hotels change often. It's not so much about when you're going to be staying, it's about when you book the hotel room. That's probably why I got $59/night at the Holiday Inn. I waited till the last minute. Just now, I cancelled my reservation and made a new one, because it saves me $30 ($15/night). Well, when booking at that site, they charge you for making and cancelling reservations, so it's more like $15-25 (I don't know how much it is), but that's still money saved.

Remember, hotel rooms cost more when you're booking for more than 2 people.

SquishedFlower
12-20-2003, 10:01 PM
It the hyatt within an easy walking distance from the marriott? my friends and I are staying there and I am wondering If i am going to have to stay at the hyatt the entire day until my parents pick us up. My frineds and I dont want to walk a far distace alone in a place we have never been (we are teenage 3 girls) so I really need to know how close it is.

Stueypark
12-20-2003, 10:31 PM
It is, quite literally, on the opposite side of the driveway.

Darxim
12-21-2003, 12:13 AM
If I remember right, if you walk out the front entrance of the Hyatt, you're at the Marriot.

SquishedFlower
12-21-2003, 06:39 PM
YAY! I was nervous but now Im fine! thanks guys!