PDA

View Full Version : it was there a minute ago :(

madhatterr104
12-19-2003, 08:27 PM
i just added a banner i made into my photo gallery, then linked it to my siggie...now it's not in my siggie and it's not in my gallery...what happened *cries*
all it was was my costume plans for katsu...tons of other people did it..why is mine gone?? *sniffle*

Susumari
12-19-2003, 08:53 PM
hmm...i code is alright.. but i can't seem to find it anywhere in your gallery. is it there?

Karisu-sama
12-19-2003, 08:55 PM
Was it a drawing? Artwork is not allowed in the galleries due to copyright issues, and gets deleted when found.

Unless there's some glitch in the gallery display software, it may have been deleted in a gallery sweep for a "non-compliance with the Cosplay.com rules" reason.

madhatterr104
12-19-2003, 09:02 PM
there was no artwork involved..just a simple banner i made myself w/ the two costumes i planned on doing and just said "katsucon 10"

Susumari, it somehow disapeared from my gallery too :(

KuroBara
*nods* There was a notice about clearing the galleries. It would really suck if Admin got into trouble for hosting copyrighted images. I don't quite understand all of the laws surrounding public domain & copyrights. Anyways, unless it's not allowed in sigs too, e-mail me & I'll host your sig pic on my domain.

Admin
Your banner was deleted because it wasn't a photo, it was a couple of bits of anime combined into a banner. The big red bold words next to the "submit" button on the upload image page say this is against our rules to upload this to our website.

You are more than welcome to link to the image from your own webspace somewhere else, but we won't host it for you.

madhatterr104
12-19-2003, 09:06 PM
oh..gotcha..sorry about that...won't happen again...*walks away sheepishly and imbaresed*

Karisu-sama
12-19-2003, 09:06 PM
there was no artwork involved..just a simple banner i made myself w/ the two costumes i planned on doing and just said "katsucon 10"
*sigh* - and how were these costumes shown? In anime or game screen grabs? That's copyrighted artwork.

If your banner was instead just all text, it still doesn't meet the criteria of "photo" to be hosted in the galleries. It would have to be hosted elsewhere.

EDIT: I see Admin beat me to the reply. :D