View Full Version : Photo Gallery Problems

12-19-2003, 08:58 PM
Dear Admin,

I can't see any pictures when I go to the photo galleries. I read in a previous thread about this being the result of a firewall, so I tried lowering the privacy settings on my computer and adding images.cosplay.com to the "trusted sites" list, but the problem still remains. What should I do?

12-19-2003, 09:05 PM
Are you still getting the red X on each photo? The only thing this can be is a firewall setting, whether via software or via hardware (like a router with security settings set very high). Aside from the fixes I've given you, it's beyond my technical knowledge, sorry. :(

12-30-2003, 11:49 AM
okay this always happens to all of my computers, whenever i am on the photo galleries and keep scrolling onto different pages, for some reason pictures do not show up anymore and when i go to any another site no image/picture shows up either!! i mostly avoid the gallery because of this problem, and it always happens on this site.

12-30-2003, 12:57 PM
If you can tell me which galleries are causing this I might be able to isolate which photos are breaking the script and fix it. It's a bug with Internet Explorer.

12-30-2003, 02:47 PM
Im having a problem with one of my images. Both the thumbnail and the photo itself are showing up as a broken image link... yet the comments and info about the picture are still there...

thats the image in question. any words of advice? Its one of my favourite photos and if you could help it'd be appreciated

12-31-2003, 06:24 PM
If you can tell me which galleries are causing this I might be able to isolate which photos are breaking the script and fix it. It's a bug with Internet Explorer.

it happens to me always on member galleries, especially when i switch the pages.

01-14-2004, 12:07 AM
I have exactly the same problem.
I can only see the red X on every pictures in the members galleries.
I've change my security settings too but I can't see them!
If anyone knows how to change the firewall settings please tell me!!!!

01-14-2004, 06:12 AM
See if there's anything that says "trusted sites" and add the following:
www.cosplay.com (http://www.cosplay.com)

or, if it allows wildcards, *.cosplay.com (and change the * to the needed wildcard symbol if it's different)

I'm not too knowledgeable on software firewalls since I use a hardware-based setup, but any software firewall worth its salt should have the ability to add trusted sites, somewhere.

01-14-2004, 11:16 AM
I add this urls in my trusted sites but there's no difference.
I'll still try but I don't have much hope

01-27-2004, 03:34 AM
I too have problems viewing anyone's photo gallery... and as well, I have checked both hardware and software settings... all are set to the lowest settings (runs to avoid onslaught of hack attempts, LOL) AND I have added cosplay.com and images.cosplay.com to trusted sites... AND I have even tried loading the sites through Netscape Navigator/Communicator/Whatever-the-heck-it's-called (I had the worst results this way, wouldn't load half the page to begin with.)

Any further suggestions? anyone else on here who we can contact/PM/etc etc? I do realize that you, Here Be Drakes, are doing all that you can about this. It's frustrating to everyone.

01-27-2004, 12:19 PM
I have to totally disable my software firewall on machine at home to see galleries, same with my own site. Just lowering the security didn't work for me.

02-04-2004, 10:21 PM
im having the same problem too, and i noticed since classes started, that i can see the galleries fine at school, just something is wrong here, and its been doing it for a while now
the thing is though i never touched any of my settings, everything is the same, and the other weird thing is that on the 1st i saw the gallery, and thats how i put my image up, but before and after...its all red X's

02-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Yea i cant seem any of the thumbnails or images. With or without my firewall up. I dont see why having a firewall would cause problems with images. I dont see this prob with other sites

02-24-2004, 05:41 AM
I have the same problem! I was told to visit this site at Katuscon 2004 because I was told pictures of me would be added to the site from my cosplay but I cannot see ANY of the pictures, thumbnails, or anything. HELP!! I do have a firewall but I don't have a problem with any other site and I have this one in the settings specifically so I can see myself on a page for the first time in the 10 years I have been cosplaying!