PDA

View Full Version : Original Manga/Anime?

Tenjou
11-01-2002, 07:28 PM
I have made a few manga attempts myself..

One was a Sailor Moon type ripoff called "Shoujo". Another was my little comic strip (okay, not quite manga, but anything goes and comic strips are included in this thread) called the Adventures of Someone, with the main character called PBG, short for Punk Bunny Girl. ^^:: I have a lot of Sailor Moon fanart, but only a few fanfics. I have one Makoto one that I think is really cute. ^_^

Does anyone have their own ideas for manga/anime/comics they'd like to share?

Fanfictions and fanarts are included also in this thread. ^_^

JoeBoeing
11-01-2002, 07:38 PM
I have an idea for a origional series starring slimes (Think Dragon-Half style) with Slime-Wolves and Slime-Dragons... I can draw the slimes but quite frankly my art is about as evolved in style and detail as a 3 year old.

If I had a working scanner (need driver CD) and a program to color them I'd go ahead with it.

I have an idea to retell Romeo and Juliette from a Slime perspective and tale of a Slime who has to beat the Evil Slime King who is impersanating the real Slime King... and a Anything-Goes Fantasy tournament story starring a Slime Sorceress.

*Is a slime freak if you couldn't tell*

I think a few of my stories could gain an underground following.

FRom,
Joe

Celine
11-01-2002, 09:09 PM
Joe, that's a really exciting idea. I remember vividly the Slime Half from Dragon Half. Quite disturbing, though creative. ^^

Everyone, good luck with your projects! I have no artistic skill...

JoeBoeing
11-01-2002, 09:21 PM
Celine - The Dragon-slimes and Bat-slimes and all other creatures have slime like attributes (ie - cute and slime covered).

My slime sketches are a lot like Dragon-Half artwork... I lovoe my sorcerer and Knight slime art work.

The Knight has a helmet and sword on his back and when figting looks a cross between Kirby and a slime... real cute.

Ayaka
11-01-2002, 09:59 PM
I'm in a studio dedicated to just that . . . (it's on topic, it's not a shameless plug!) - http://www.studio-kokuban.net . But . . . well, we're not doing so well at the moment . . . never mind that, though, you didn't hear it from me.

I have a lot of ideas for manga, ranging from 4-koma weekly update type stuff to epics. I just don't have the skill to draw the stuff I script, and even if I did I don't really have the time to draw them . . . maybe at some point. My favorite project is called Fear No Evil, that would probably be the one I'd do, since it's extensively planned (I have some of it online). Though I think I have to start with a simpler series first . . .

I have done one animated piece in anime style; it played at Anime Central. Very short and not very impressive though, I'd only been drawing for a year. I have a short series called Mini Warioress Michiko I'd like to animate . . . but I also have a Cowboy Bebop-inspired piece I did a storyboard of for animation that could be taken in the direction of an outright Bebop fan film. I'd really like to actually animate it, and I think I'll do my best to get that going . . . as far as I know, nothing like that's been done.

haru
11-02-2002, 08:05 AM
i plan to draw a manga - which the title is - Chrono Voyage (my friend suggest the name)
Now still on the planning step (Story line, character and bg design).. hehe ^_^
The story about a boy (10 years old). One day, the young boy found himself possess the power to control timing. With accidentally use of his power, cause his sister lost in the time warp (distortion of time). and their parents was killed by...
7 years later, they meet again.....

content wil include -magic-time-mission-race-war-air battle-angel-high technic-and....

um!! i now search for people who suit to cosplay the characters from my manga...heheh, and plan to do a op and ed song + MTV

aeva
11-02-2002, 08:55 AM
I once planned to start an online comic, but.. eh... I was too lazy. ^^:;; I'm also not that confident in my drawing skills. ::sighs:: Maybe I'll get around to making it someday.

peacecraft
11-02-2002, 01:01 PM
I've actually been drawing a manga for some time now. Its on my website and updated weekly:

http://www.building12.net

kelldar
11-02-2002, 03:12 PM
I just recently published my comic *_* soo stressful. but worth it ^_^

http://sundownercomic.com

shiroi_yukiko
11-02-2002, 08:58 PM
My friend and I made this manga thing for an art final one year. I wrote the story and she drew. It was really complicated and in the end made no sense. I almost went blind doing all the shading on my computer (I had a deadline! And it was at least 40 pages long for just the first part!). He he. Nothing ever became of it though... but I still write the story sometimes.

Hikaru
11-03-2002, 05:02 PM
I have an idea for a manga. I have the characters done (sorry, I have no pics!) but the storyline is a little tricky because I want to make something totally original.

Tenjou
11-03-2002, 06:18 PM
I was sleepdreaming this morning (just waking up and have daydreamish thoughts)

And I thought of a new series. This chick transfers to a new school, and she loathes her roommate.

And the crazy antics of Tohru commence! >DDDDD

Space Invader
11-03-2002, 06:43 PM
I'm working on one - I have all the characters down, but haven't scanned anything in yet.

<--- *is lazy*

It's cool. I have my storyline and all - it's now just a matter of actually drawing it out.

KaitouKurogo
11-04-2002, 09:16 PM
I've been working off and on with several manga ideas that never really went anywhere. I've got two going now that are still in the prototype stages, but they're lasting longer than any of my previous attempts.

The first is an original concept that I think spawned slightly from a drunken fling between Urusei Yatsura and Bastard. It follows the lives and times of two Oni, one Incubi, and an Archangel parol officer all living under the same roof. Property damage and a bit of dark broodiness ensues.

The second and most recent of my attempts is currently title-less, so I've been posting a description of it around places to try and get people's opinions.
This one follows the lives of five American students transferred to Japan for an extended student exchange program. While there, the 'Mulder' of the group accidentally finds and releases a demon who's powers are stored in a amulet. After a series of events the amulet is shattered and each of the five students and the demon are left with a shard, each peiece giving the owner a power of the original. The rest of the series revolves around the group trying to have semi-normal lives, get into colleges, find romance, and still manage to fight off the demon's attempts to retrieve her amulet shards.

Feedback? I thrive on it.

Spooky Brew
11-04-2002, 09:53 PM
I have many story lines to tell.....