PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm imagining it.. but I don't think my posts are being counted..

Kasai
12-21-2003, 05:16 PM
When I got online today, and I looked back to old threads I'd posted at, it said I'd made 96 posts. So I went about my rounds, and posted a number of times.

I looked back just now, and apparently I had only made 97 posts.

I know I posted more than once today, but I'm not sure what happened to all of them.. I'm going to post around some more and see if maybe I was just imagining it.. but.. anyway, thanks.

EDIT: Yeah, I just went back and counted.. I had made 16 posts today, which should have brought me up to 112.. o.o;;;

K_Valentine
12-21-2003, 05:27 PM
I know posts on Babble Board or SPAM Board don't count toward your total.

Why do you care about post count? There's no gold club or freqent posters club here so post count shouldn't be that important. Just post on stuff that are important to you and not for the sake of posting. Quality over quantity.

<--Would rather not have a visible post count.

Karisu-sama
12-21-2003, 05:36 PM
I belong to the "keep your number of posts invisible" club. There's an option you can set to hide the post count, at least in your actual posts (though not in your bio.) YAY!

It's in "User CP" -> "edit profile".

KuroBara
12-22-2003, 01:04 AM
Thanks, I never knew you could do that!

*joins the invisible club*

I completely agree with K_Valentine. It seems silly to post just to get that number up.

Chosuke
12-22-2003, 11:07 AM
I never even looked at my post count untill today..
I wasn't aware that peope paid mind to it.

I was wondering.. how is the 'number of posts daily' thing counted?
I rarely post anymore, yet it still says I do like..two a day.

Zephyrs
12-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Chobrat - it's an average of posts made/days you've been a member. at least, I'd put my money on that, since for the first 4 months I had an account I never posted and I still have one a day and change O_o

Link Arroway
12-22-2003, 06:25 PM
You can still see number of posts in the profile, but i think its useful for it to be public information.

Karisu-sama
12-22-2003, 10:40 PM
Yes, it's total posts (in forums where posts get counted) divided by number of days of membership.

As far as "useful" information, the only "use" I can see to judge how "new" a person might be, which is ALREADY somewhat more accurately stated by the join date. It does not tell how often a person actually reads the forums, merely how often they blab in them. Whoopie.

Some of us have embarrassingly high post counts and really don't wish to announce it with every post, as it is really not relevant.

Serria
01-02-2004, 09:40 PM
Not that the posts matter, but I was actually wondering that. I had 700 posts a few days ago, then I went back on today and I was at... 693, I think. Are the counts deleted from your total if the thread you posted on was MOVED to the Babble Board or whatnot?

...not that I should care. I will probably join the Invisible Club very soon, when I'm not feeling lazy. :)

Admin
01-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Correct, if a post moves into a non-counted forum it won't count in your total. Either that or a thread was deleted.