PDA

View Full Version : Green Power Ranger costume

Crimson Psycho
12-22-2003, 02:28 AM
First off everyone on this site has mad skills so thumbs up to you all :bigtu: Now to my question. Im looking to make from head to toe the original green ranger but dont know how to go about it. I need to know were i can get those leather gloves they wear and the boots. I also need to know how to make those uniforms. Im new so its going to be a long hard task but im up for the challenge. Oh and if anyone knows how i would go about making the helmit and chest guard let me know..Thanks..Ive submitted a pic for your viewing pleasure so you know what im up against...

Moon Prince
12-23-2003, 01:01 AM
I don't know how one maight go about that armor... but I'm tackling the "Blue Thunder" ranger myself... (Harikenja.. ninja storm)

For my helmet, I am using a hockey helmet, face cage and paintball mask for the base... lots of embelishing and detailing need to be added but I think it will work nicely and it will be more comfortable than the motorcycle helmet I use for Great Saiya Man..

archangeli
12-23-2003, 05:54 PM
ah... Tommy the Green Ranger... he was my favorite...

I remember one of my classmates in elementary school had an amazing Green Ranger costume (geez... that was like 8 yrs ago.... ). He did used spandex for the suit and pulled it off brilliantly.

you might want to read about fibre-glassing in regards to the chest armor piece. it would look really good.

Fénicia
12-23-2003, 06:13 PM
Take some 2cm thick foam, cut it into a square with a circle in the middle (for the nek), cut from 1 point of the square straight to the circle. Cover the foam with some gold fabric and stich the lines. From the same fabric cut 2 strips, dubble them and sew the to the armor onther the arms. At last sew a hook and loop at the back in the nek.

Crimson Psycho
12-23-2003, 07:21 PM
I don't know how one maight go about that armor... but I'm tackling the "Blue Thunder" ranger myself... (Harikenja.. ninja storm)

For my helmet, I am using a hockey helmet, face cage and paintball mask for the base... lots of embelishing and detailing need to be added but I think it will work nicely and it will be more comfortable than the motorcycle helmet I use for Great Saiya Man..

Wicked...i was going to go with the crimson ranger then was going with the Red Psycho ranger but those seem too much for someone "green" like me. As far as the helmit i asked this guy on a sfx web board and he suggested i make a sculpt of the helmet then go through this whole process of making a mold and all this stuff. Sounds cool so i might go with that...What pattern and material are you going too use? Any idea on the gloves and boots your going to use?

Crimson Psycho
12-23-2003, 07:32 PM
Take some 2cm thick foam, cut it into a square with a circle in the middle (for the nek), cut from 1 point of the square straight to the circle. Cover the foam with some gold fabric and stich the lines. From the same fabric cut 2 strips, dubble them and sew the to the armor onther the arms. At last sew a hook and loop at the back in the nek.

Oh ok...kool :bigtu: ...were would i get 2c thick foam? I live near a Joanne's fabrics in denver...maybe there?

Moon Prince
12-29-2003, 12:13 AM
I'm not sure of what I'm going to do wlth the gloves and boots... I would nee them to match... I'm going to get an "underarmor' shirt for the top... may buy two to make gloves and boot covers.

I'm not sure of my materials quite yet... just looking at shapes right now and seeing how they fit. With the Harikenja helmets, I really don't have to do much molding... just some detail work... Sculpy clay maybe?

LOL I was laughing about doing the 'crimson ranger' after he gets blasted with the acid an just walk around the con with the helmet screaming...

blindskateguy00
07-24-2004, 03:36 PM
First off everyone on this site has mad skills so thumbs up to you all :bigtu: Now to my question. Im looking to make from head to toe the original green ranger but dont know how to go about it. I need to know were i can get those leather gloves they wear and the boots. I also need to know how to make those uniforms. Im new so its going to be a long hard task but im up for the challenge. Oh and if anyone knows how i would go about making the helmit and chest guard let me know..Thanks..Ive submitted a pic for your viewing pleasure so you know what im up against...

Hey, I'm new to this site but I do know what you could use for the body of the costume. If you go to www.underarmour.com you can find a longsleeve green spandex shirt and green spandex pants. The reason I am suggesting this is because I am doing the same project you are doing and I have found that this is the best material for the base of the costume. I am not quite finished yet but so far so good. :skidude2:

kylash327
07-24-2004, 08:36 PM
Ive got a friend sculpting the green ranger helmet, should be a few months before its done tho. Right now im working on a White Ranger helmet almost finished making the final mold. Im slowly making a green ranger costume for a manniquin display i have, but i had someone else make the suit, ill be doing the cuffs from vinyl and im not sure about the shield.. maybe sculpting it and casting it in a flexible latex or foam...

makio
07-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Hey, I'm new to this site but I do know what you could use for the body of the costume. If you go to www.underarmour.com you can find a longsleeve green spandex shirt and green spandex pants. The reason I am suggesting this is because I am doing the same project you are doing and I have found that this is the best material for the base of the costume. I am not quite finished yet but so far so good. :skidude2:

I'm using similar tactics(using UnderArmour)for season1 MMPR's Black Ranger; but I'm still hitting the problem of making the helmet. :\ I'd really like to have it in time for next year, but until I can find someone who can make it, it's on standstill. :waaaah:

BTW, the earlier post about using foam is probably the most feasible idea; especially considering the fact that you'd most likely want to be "comfortable" while wearing it. I'm told fiberglass isn't...

blindskateguy00
07-25-2004, 07:36 PM
Hey does anyone know what materials i could use and how I can make a green ranger helmet? I'm kinda stuck. Sorry for using this post for one of my questions but it kinda relates to the topic. I AM DESPERATE FOR HELP. WILL TAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS! :waaaah:

KaineMaxwell
07-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Mad props to you for old school cosplaying!

kylash327
07-25-2004, 10:12 PM
i may be getting my grubby hands on an original to cast around October... we'll see. ;)

CorazonAzul
12-03-2004, 05:32 AM
Any green rangers around Texas? I'll be happy to be your Dragonzord!

AmiYumi19
08-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Any Green Rangers in PA?

kylash327
08-28-2005, 08:17 PM
forgot about this thread, mine has been done for a while. PICS!

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=14268&member=3327

Triad101
05-23-2006, 08:19 PM
Can anyone post a tutorial on how they made their helmet?