PDA

View Full Version : San Diego New Years Party?

tydawgsd
12-22-2003, 01:07 PM
And Boom, it is organized! Here is the plan:

Time: 6pm-1am

Place: 1682 Rocky pt. Ct.
Chula Vista, CA 91911

Cosplay: Optional (though it looks like most people aren't)

Food: Pot Luck (we have sodas and chips, so we just need real food)

Drinking: No. (There are probably some bars nearby that those who want to drink can go to afterwards, but not allowed at the party)

Entertainment: Large selection of music, PS2, GC, and movies. (we need two GC controllers and Super Smash Brothers Melee if anybody has it)

Alright so thats the plan. Special thanks to Knight_Survive for hosting the party at his house. Please try to RSVP myself or Knight via PM or post in this thread. Just let us know how many are coming and what you are bringing.
If you get lost or need more info or want to verify something please call Knight at (619)934-3540. Or PM me, I will give you my number if you have to talk to me. So lets get ready to PARTY!!!

Reno_kun
12-26-2003, 12:03 AM
hell i'm in.

how bout some where in elcajon, 5-midnight, cosplay of course!

Knight_Survive
12-26-2003, 12:28 AM
im in too,I need a ride up there,but i'll make it,no cosplay though :/

Manda
12-26-2003, 01:32 AM
Hmm, sounds fun. Keep me updated. ^^

tydawgsd
12-26-2003, 01:49 AM
Well looksl ike we have a few people interested. I am ok with el cajon, and 5-midnight is alright. I work till 6:30 but after that I am down. if we can generate some more interest, we will get this thing going.

Reno_kun
12-26-2003, 02:26 AM
hmm, ok
this could work

cosplayTW
12-26-2003, 07:57 AM

Knight_Survive
12-27-2003, 12:24 AM
welll,good news :) Im making it since I have no work,so? can anyone get me a ride?

Sexy Leopard
12-27-2003, 12:36 AM
The real questions are....

1.) Will you two actually make it this tame? hehe
2.) Is there gunna be drinking?
3.) can we actually get together w/o cosplay and look like normal people for once? hehe

do you guys have a spacific location of just somewhere in the city? Also el cahon is quite a distance for me to drive coming from riverside. Is there some where we can make it more centrely located in san diego? its like only a few days away...u guys r gunna have to get some details rather quick. i think we should go w/o cosplay for once. Maybe actually get to see how everyone looks like for real. I mean its new years, TIME TO PARTY! hehe I mean i would be nice to know we all have a common intrest like cosplay but not have to worry about putting on a costume to meet thoses people.

MyLeonheart
12-27-2003, 05:03 PM
....whats the fun in looking like normal people???? if i could i would get another costume done so i could cosplay but i'm not oh well but i think i might come to say hi...... prolly wont stay for long cuz i have differnt planse so yea and i dont think there is gunna be drinking cuz there prolly gunna be a lot of miners there so yea well just keep me updated.....and this might be the last time i get to see ya guys....unless i make my own gathering he he he

~LeOn~

tydawgsd
12-27-2003, 06:58 PM
Ok as far as drinking goes, that depends on who is coming. Obviously if there are minors we can't have drinking. unless we closely monitor it. El Cajon is sorta far away so I think we should move it to a more centrally located area. I am ok having a party without cosplay. As far as place goes, we can always use my apartment- it is located right at SDSu which is right off the 8 and the 5 so its easy to get to. If we do that it would probably be best to have a pot luck type thing, but we can always do something different. I am still kinda new to San DIego so if any natives have any good ideas were we could all meet post them here or PM me. Let me know what you think of these suggestions. I will probably start nailing down the details tomorrow or monday, so anyone who wants to come try to confirm ASAP. Thats all for now.

Knight_Survive
12-27-2003, 10:13 PM
well,you guys can use my house,it's pretty big and my mom dosent mind company at all,so thats another posibly

LordofWickd4est
12-28-2003, 12:00 AM
Provided this idea turns into an organized plan, I (along with a few others) may come and hang out for a bit.

Sexy Leopard
12-28-2003, 12:22 AM
Well i hope we can get some details and stuff... I think someone just needs to say ok this is where its gunna be. can someone PM me when the details are decided with an address maybe. Thanx

Suzushichan
12-28-2003, 12:24 AM
hmmm... I dunno... i probably won't be able to make this gathering...:(

tydawgsd
12-28-2003, 01:24 AM
Alright all the info is up in the first post. PM me or Knight_Survive if you have any questions.

Knight_Survive
12-28-2003, 01:46 AM
well,if you're all wondering what games I have,well,here's the master list

PS2/PS1

Gundam Battle Assult 2
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Capcom VS. SNK2
Soul Calibur 2
Tekken 4
Guilty Gear X2
Virltual Fighter 4 Evolution

Gamecube
Ultimate Muscle:New generation vs. legends

if anyone has Super Smash Brother Meele with all characters or DDR we can use,please bring.

Asukas~Doll
12-28-2003, 03:37 AM
Crap, i don't think I can go to this one ;_; and I have DDR to (with a pad that chooses when it wants to work u_u;; )

Hey if someone wants to kidnap me I'll at least act surprised while I grab the game XD

LordofWickd4est
12-28-2003, 03:59 AM
Well, my little group was thinking of eating at On The Broder in mira mesa, so you are welcome to join us for dinner there if you want, but at this point I'm not sure if we are going to be able to make it to Knight's house or not. Let me know if your group wants to join us for dinner, so I can make reservations. Or, if you have a restaraunt in mind that you want to go to, let me know, and I'll see if we can make it there.

Reno_kun
12-29-2003, 03:38 AM
hey the on the border dinner sounds good count me in.

Knight_Survive
12-29-2003, 03:52 AM
suddently,my gathering looks bleek ;_;

Suzushichan
12-29-2003, 05:18 AM
there's also an On the Border in El Cajon...

AgentSakur9
12-29-2003, 02:27 PM
AgentSakur9 has gone crazy and has taken to talking in third person. AgentSakur9 will be going to Vegas. So AgentSakur9, regretfully, will not make it. AgentSakur9 sends his apologies. AgentSakur9 has found pictures! AgentSakur9 will now put a link.

www.agentsakur9.com/CPXmas/page_01.htm

So yeah, AgentSakur9 sez ciao!

Sexy Leopard
12-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Yes, but the on the border we will be going to is on mira mesa. (make sure u guys go to the right one) hehe

MyLeonheart
12-29-2003, 06:56 PM
awwwww AgentSakur9 wont make it now leon is sad ;_; sigh and now asukas~doll prolly wont make it either....;_; < sadd strap... well count me in i prolly wont cosplay oh well oh and asukas~doll.....count me in for kidnaping you ~_^ ha ha ha but then wont i go to jail >_< oh well who elece might make it???

Suzushichan
12-29-2003, 10:29 PM
sad strap? ...THAT'S MY THING!!! I DIDN'T GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO USE IT!!!!><
...but ALL Tifa cosplayers are welcome to use it...oh, and Mpsy.

LordofWickd4est
12-29-2003, 10:35 PM
What is this sad strap? I have a happy strap, but that is usually called a whip:p

Firefox
12-29-2003, 11:02 PM
Sounds like fun!
Knight_Survive and Tydawgsd, what are the driving directions to get there? I tried using Yahoo Maps, but I got this message that said address non-existant?! I'll be coming from the UCI area, so I'll be heading southbound on the 5 for starters. Where do I go from there?
Also, is the potluck still on, or are people going to be hitting this place called On the Border? If so, I may need to borrow stove space!
Anyway, see you...wherever!

tydawgsd
12-29-2003, 11:27 PM
Sounds like fun!
Knight_Survive and Tydawgsd, what are the driving directions to get there? I tried using Yahoo Maps, but I got this message that said address non-existant?! I'll be coming from the UCI area, so I'll be heading southbound on the 5 for starters. Where do I go from there?
Also, is the potluck still on, or are people going to be hitting this place called On the Border? If so, I may need to borrow stove space!
Anyway, see you...wherever!

PM Knight, he will be able to give you the directions. It looks like On the Border is the plan, so I am not sure about the potluck. I will say yes it is still on for now.

Suzushichan
12-30-2003, 12:10 AM
the sad strap was kinda' an inside joke at Gen con...It's like, when something stupid or sad happens, instead of the usual anime sweat drop, one of the straps on the tifa costume falls down. And since we're all not wearing tifa costumes we just use the comment "sad strap". um here, this should help....

Me: *walks into the kitchen*

sister: *eating a cookie* want one?

Me: sure! *picks up the last cookie and goes to eat it but it drops on the ground*

Me: aww...sad strap...:(

Sister: O_o?!

tydawgsd
12-30-2003, 01:19 AM
looks like everyone is meeting at the Mira Mesa On the Border at 6:30. SO that is the plan for now.

Reno_kun
12-30-2003, 01:55 AM
shit cant make it to either one guys.. i have a date and a party to go to.

Knight_Survive
12-30-2003, 03:18 AM
(sighs)does it mean I got to cancel my plans here at my house?

MyLeonheart
12-30-2003, 05:01 PM
a convo me and kusai had

me: yea i'm ffrom the middle of knowhere
kusai: no, the middle of knowhere is where the bigest ball of twine is
me: hey i've been there
kusai: !!!!! there is relly a biggest ball of twine??
Me: yes it is in Darwin minnasota
Kusai: O_O

ok i dont member if this is the exact words but i tryed my best to member

~LeOn~

p.s. I CAN SAY SAD STRAP IF I WANT!!!!!!

Suzushichan
12-30-2003, 09:07 PM
KISAMA!!! >< no you can't!!!!!!!!!!!!

...unless you CROSSplay as Tifa... >:)

Asukas~Doll
12-30-2003, 11:14 PM
lol, you guys are funny, but sadly I won't be able to come. I hope it works out for everyone that is going and I hope you guys have a good New Years Eve!!

I'm gonna have to go to Knott's w/mom and brothers. It would be better if it were friends... but nooooo... I have to deal with my two brothers.... together! They're bad enough alone but together and.... Gah! But I'm going off on a tangent so I'll shut up now.

PS- If Leon crossplays as Tifa I HAVE to see it and take pictures. That is the rule. -^_^-

Knight_Survive
12-31-2003, 01:21 AM
well,if you havent heard,it's canceled,I know you all will meet up at On the Boreder,somewhere too far for me to go,so im not going,hope you all have a good time,and happy New years to all... :bigcry: (runs away crying)

Sexy Leopard
12-31-2003, 09:58 AM
Hey guys,
Ramses sorry to hear about that. *pats ramses on head* if only u didn't live so far away and there wern't so many drunks out. SEE U TONIGHT! to all the people going to on the border. (btw is OFF the mira mesa exit off the 15) @ 6:30 and for the people that didn't make it, it seems we can't stay away from eachother for to long so i'm sure we'll get together soon. SEE U LATER!

MyLeonheart
12-31-2003, 09:59 AM
O_o........errrr thats ok pluse i have like 12 hours to make a costume and that aint enough time to crossplay...... anyways what is going on after we meet at borders... if you want i could pick any one up *knight survive*, and anyways post me if you want a ride it'll be no porblem i just want as many people to make it as posable..... and if any one DOES need a ride just PM me

p.s. who is all gunna make it? suzushi? manda? anyone?

Sexy Leopard
12-31-2003, 10:02 AM
BTW were no cosplaying.....hehe i know it sux but we can try to look normal for once.

Knight_Survive
12-31-2003, 06:36 PM
(rases hand for a ride)

Asukas~Doll
01-01-2004, 03:39 AM
well if the party did go on (and even if it didn't) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I got to listen to my mom play 'Auld Lang Syne' on her out of tune bagpipes. ^__^;; She didn't have enough time to warm 'em up and tune.

Yes, you can tune bagpipes XP

So I hope y'all had a good New Years Eve!

Knight_Survive
01-01-2004, 03:48 AM
Bagpipes? damn,and I thought watching all 13 episodes of Saint Seiya Hades was bad...

Asukas~Doll
01-01-2004, 03:53 AM
Whell my mom's insulted =^__^=. Now we get to listen to drunk people walk by... goodie..... oh joy... oh rapture...

Anyway, so if you thought you had it bad just remember... at least you didn't have to listen to bagpipes that were out of tune.

Knight_Survive
01-01-2004, 04:01 AM
eh,but there was no one to spend my time with ;_; would of enjoyed having at least SOMEONE with me tonight -_-;

Asukas~Doll
01-01-2004, 04:09 AM
aww poor knight. *hugs* hey if you can you should see about going to Leon's going away party. He hasn't posted a date yet but it's in Feburary (don't care about spelling at the moment) That way we can all at least meet and be merry. sorta....

and then we can kidnap him and make him take us to Japan!

>.>.... <.<..... I... didn't say that outloud did I?.... D'oh! Amnesia dust! *blows flour at everyone and runs*

Firefox
01-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Happy 2004 everyone; what better way to ring in the new year than with a showing of "Tainted Donuts!"
The viewing of "Slayers" and "Please Teacher" was also enjoyed, and I know what I'm going to add to my anime library!
Thanks for letting me join, and hope to see you all again soon, maybe for Leon's send-off? If not, then maybe Wizard World, Los Angeles, which is sort of closer to home (in my case).
Again, thank you, happy 2004, and GO TROJANS!

MyLeonheart
01-01-2004, 07:08 PM
awwww... well lets see we had fun at the party, a whole lot of us went to "on the border" ate and then went back to andrews and draink, played guilty gear x and watched "slayers" and "please teacher" so yea it was fun i hope all of them made it home ok

~LeOn~

MyLeonheart
01-01-2004, 07:18 PM
*cough cough* dam it now look, i'm on watch and my unaform is all full of flower thanks asukas.....*hits her with Ein the data dog* well humm about kidnaping me??? i dont think you wanna live on a 30 year old ship do you???? well eh lol but yea it'll be on a week end that i dont have duty....i was thinking of hainging out some where and then going to the outback steak house in mission vally but of corce this is all after i get everything all wraped up here, i hope my orders dont get cancled oh well but yea HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

~LeOn~

Sexy Leopard
01-02-2004, 11:06 AM
I HAD FUN!!!!! cept for when my tire blew out on my way back home. :waaaah: why do these things always happen to me? I think this may be a owmen about how this year is going to go.:woah: I hope everyone else had fun. Dude we should hve drank more and seen who would go streeking first! lol Don't worry nothing happened after u guys left. cept the big orgy. lol j/k! man tho saying up till 4:30 am and then waking up at 8 was not fun! Damn me and my sleeping routine! I bet everyone else got some good shut eye after they left. well, *falls asleep at computer* zZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ