PDA

View Full Version : Chicago in May...

SevenG
12-22-2003, 07:33 PM
Hey there. I'm thinking of coming through for Anime Central, and am curious what the weather is usually like that time of year. I'm tempted to cosplay something simple my first time around (Naota, FLCL), but as I already own a fleet of Vespas (including a yellow '67 180 Super Sport, how bizarre is that?) I'm tempted to make up a P! magnet for the legshield and if the weather's right, riding it there from Denver. Yeah, it might take awhile, but I'm already planning a trip out to and up the west coast in the fall. Figure since I'm getting laid off and am currently out of the action with a broken leg (illegal left performed by a doctor left me with a broken leg and a flattened '71 Rally 180), I might as well take a whole bunch of time off next year and am planing to hit as many scooter rallys and anime conventions as I deem fit.

CapsuleCorp
12-22-2003, 08:28 PM
Wow, that's awesome!

Well, the weather up thisaway couldn't be nicer in May. Usually in the 60's, it can be considerably warmer. Very rarely is it colder, we usually leave the last of the icky weather in April, but you never really know. The past few years it's been very pleasant in May, very dry, and 2003 ACen was sunny all three days and very nice.

SevenG
12-22-2003, 08:49 PM
Sweet, thanks. I'll have to scope out Denver's weather after the Moab rally before I decide if I want to deal with the case of soreass I'll get from a tousand mile ride. I suppose I should also wait and see if I can bend my kneed enough to sit on the damned thing by then.

Wow, that's awesome!

Well, the weather up thisaway couldn't be nicer in May. Usually in the 60's, it can be considerably warmer. Very rarely is it colder, we usually leave the last of the icky weather in April, but you never really know. The past few years it's been very pleasant in May, very dry, and 2003 ACen was sunny all three days and very nice.

AllStarAlice
12-23-2003, 12:26 AM
The weather in Chicago is always unpredictable. But as Capsule said, it's usually in the 50s-60s around that time. Last year was rather nice if I remember correctly. Hopefully we'll all be blessed with temps in the 70s! ^_^

Tiara
12-23-2003, 01:21 PM
all I'm hoping for is no humidity.... Don't want to have to constantly straighten my hair for my lenne cosplay.

SevenG
12-23-2003, 01:41 PM
You should try Nan Desu Kan then. Denver has a desert climate, it just won't admit it.

all I'm hoping for is no humidity.... Don't want to have to constantly straighten my hair for my lenne cosplay.

Yumeko
12-24-2003, 12:32 AM
there usually isn't any humidity in mid-May. either alot of rain or alot of sun and very pleasent tempratures :D

Tiara
12-24-2003, 01:33 PM
I live about 4 and a half hours south and have visited so I know pretty well what it'll be like.