Chun Li
12-24-2003, 06:56 PM
Anyone Going?

thetinmanandme
12-31-2003, 03:44 PM
Im most likely going... its in my neck of the woods

Lyn
01-03-2004, 04:14 PM
I might be going. All depends on when my graduation is and who goes and if I can get a ride and room. Since it takes a few hours to get to Richmond from where I live. x_x So unless I can convince some friends to go, get a ride, and get in a room for cheap, I doubt I'll go. lol But I would like to try at least.

Sami
01-03-2004, 04:50 PM
I was actually thinking about it; it's close enough to where I live, and it's probably the only con I'll get to go to over the summer before Otakon. Anyone been before? What's it like? ^_____^

thetinmanandme
01-03-2004, 09:50 PM
i didnt go last year, but from what i've heard alot of what was wrong last year was b/c of poor managing on the cons part. But this year they say alot of the stuffs under new management so it should be better. Gotta start training for the DDR tournament... grrr i will dominate... maybe

leilan
01-13-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm going. I went last year and it was alright.

madhatterr104
01-13-2004, 05:52 PM
i'll probably go (like 99% sure), concidering richmond is like an hour and half away :p
just for sat and sun though...senior portfolio is due on the 28th *shudders at the thought*

up for another diru cosplay lyn? ^^
im thinking filth and obscure...hmm

ainslye
01-13-2004, 08:35 PM
I went last year and loved it-- had a blast. Though if Lizzy isn't going I will feel lost and alone and... roommate-less, significantly. Need to find some people to stay with, if I go.

Oshi
01-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Maybe. I'm going to AnimeNorth (in Toronto) the week before, so it's not too likely...

madhatterr104
01-14-2004, 05:01 AM
jen, u have me!
ya know, if i go..lol

Stueypark
01-14-2004, 04:08 PM
I may go, depends on everyone else though, haha, well also depends on a few other details. I wouldn't go by myself though. It's a great con since it's cheap ($30 to register and under $90/night for the hotel) plus it had (and hopefully still has) Anime Whose Line!

I still can't beleive I daytripped that con considering I live in the state capital... for a different state.

ainslye
01-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Anime Who's Line... Stu, we so rocked that.

Ok, Stu, you wanna go the whole weekend, this time? So I don't have to wander around the hotel yelling "Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"... though it was good because it birthed you a new name. ^^

and Natalie, we could stay together-- would be fun ^^

Stueypark
01-14-2004, 07:13 PM
If I go, it would be for the whole weekend and luckily I found out the main commitment issue I thought I had, is actually 2 weeks prior to this, so as it is, so far I could go! Now all I need is a job...

ooooh, you got 444 posts, it's kinda like living on the same street as the devil. You know, going to his 4th of July BBQ, occasionally getting his mail by accident.

ainslye
01-14-2004, 08:57 PM
*hurries up to post more* I don't want the devil's mail. He probably gets too many credit card apps.

Lyn
01-18-2004, 09:12 AM
madhatterr104 - I'd love to do FILTH with you again but I really don't know if I can go or not. I'd need both a ride and a room. It takes like practically 3 hours to get to Richmond from where I am because of traffic and whatnot. Ugh. So, it all really depends on if I can find someone to ride me to the con and back home. ^^; I live in the Rockville area of MD.

madhatterr104
01-18-2004, 09:18 AM
i can't help with the ride (sorry :( ), since im in va beach..but as for the hotel, if u don't mind staying with me and my mom (she's my ride and also wants to see the dealers room, ect. ^^) and i think jen is staying with me too ^^
the more the merryer! weee!
i hope u can come! and keep asking around for a ride..lol.

Lyn
01-19-2004, 07:18 PM
Thanks. ^^ I'll keep that in mind. I'd love to room with you. I'll get back to you after Katsucon on what my chances of going are. Right now I have no clue. Gotta convince one my local con-goer friends into going to this one. Specifically, one with a car. x_x;

Ganesh
01-27-2004, 08:22 PM
I might be going...several of my friends (Drake and others) finish high school that friday and have senior week..we decided to ditch the rednecks/popular people at school going to some beachy place for the senior trip and are looking at going on a road trip to this con, Ladysmith Rennfest and Bush Gardens...right now its just an issue of planning.

NekoZidane
01-28-2004, 08:10 PM
I went last year and it was a really great con. The biggest problems had to do with an irate man who didn't relish the idea of "freaks" running around the hotel all night, potentially keeping him awake.
As many of you know, it's cool to smoke in the hotels there, considering it literally neighbors a Phillip Morris idustrial park. He had a big problem with this, and got up in my face and threatened me. I told him to go pork himself, and he went to a staffer and complained. He then made the biggest mistake of his life.

He threatened the founder/owner of AMA, who didn't take too kindly to it.

Well to make a long story short, it turns out he worked in the upper echelons of the hotel company and wound up losing his job due to "an unbecoming demeanor towards paying guests/covention staff.

All is well, see you there this summer.

Lyn
01-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Not sure if I'll be going anymore...since I might be at Animazement that weekend instead. ^^; Sorry, I just know more people going to that and I have a possible ride and room. Though there's still a chance I might not be able to go, in which case I'll definently still go to AMA. Sucks that they're the same weekend this year.

ainslye
01-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Natalie- we might want to go the route of 2 rooms. Stu is going with us (I'm not giving you a choice, Stu, you said yes once and you arent allowed to back out now) and I don't know how your mom would be with that...lol... and I'm triyng to convince Lizzy to go, too. LIZZY you HAVE to go to AMA!! No option!! Last year we stayed with Reiko, Monoyasha and Hyper... are they going again, too? We should all try for rooms near each other, maybe one person can reserve a few rooms? I call not b!tch as I'm always the one doing the reservation crap. ^_^

madhatterr104
01-29-2004, 07:17 PM
jen-*nods* getting rooms next to each other would be cool...but don't be suprised if i try to sneak in your room (after all i heard about the neko orgy, i wouldn't want to miss it again, would i? XD )
so, got any cosplay ideas? im too tired to think right now..lol.

lyn- i reallllly hope you go to AMA..im going to be soo sad if i end up walking the con alone in filth kyo..i hope other jrockers will be there..*sigh* (and just remember that if u need to, you have a room with me) ^^

Reiko
01-29-2004, 07:19 PM
AMA WAS TOO COOL hope you can come ^_^

Stueypark
01-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Natalie- we might want to go the route of 2 rooms. Stu is going with us (I'm not giving you a choice, Stu, you said yes once and you arent allowed to back out now)

well ummm... uhhh, I... I guess that settles that.

ainslye
01-29-2004, 09:13 PM
well ummm... uhhh, I... I guess that settles that.

*grin* We love you, Stu. ^^

Reiko
01-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Jen hell yes were going ... we are alll GOING including Lizzeh!! lol ^_^

NixKlouD
01-31-2004, 09:45 PM
Haha, I've heard from friends that the con was a lot of fun last year and that I missed out, so I'm definitely going this year! I'm hoping someone'll let me crash on their floor :P the hotel's too close to my house to bother renting a room, but I know I'm not gonna want to go home :P
Take Care,
-Nix```

kaoss
02-17-2004, 03:08 PM
i might go, depends on if the parents are willing to drive to richmond (i'm in potomac MD). is it really a 4 hr drive from around DC?

-kaoss-

madhatterr104
02-17-2004, 03:25 PM
check mapquest..but 4 hours sounds right..might be a little less than that...

jen, i think im geing my own room, so u wanna shack up with me? and talk lizzy and stuuu into it too. 5 people to a room sound right? XD

Sorahana
02-18-2004, 01:49 PM
I might go....not sure. I asked my mom and she said maybe. If not I'll be going to AnimeNext. But anyway its 4 and a 1/2 hrs away from here ^^;. :crosses fingers:

dizzylizzy
02-25-2004, 08:58 PM
after much debate and jen pleeding.... i'm going to ama. ::waves to stu, natalie, jen, eric, ccamanda, and the rest of the crew:: i guess i better book the room huh. lol

madhatterr104
02-26-2004, 05:42 AM
*pssst* stay with me ^^

Darxim
02-27-2004, 07:58 AM
Last year's problems were more caused by the hotel than the convention staff. That's why they changed hotels. I heard there were bedbugs, but I stayed at a nearby Day's Inn, so I didn't have any such problems. It was fun, though. I wrote a report (http://darkseam.com/Info/Events/2003_-_AMA_3_report.html) about it. 100% true, honest!

Edit: You know, after reading over my report, I've come to realize that it won't actually give you a good idea of how AMA is. It could've taken place at any con.

Kawaii Kenshin
02-28-2004, 01:11 PM
I want to go, but I don't know if I'll be able to... If I do hopefully I'll have my Shuichi (Gravitation) outfit done by then!

Midknight
03-04-2004, 01:16 PM
Hmmm... another AMA thread...

Well, as I already mentioned before, I'll be there... working on costumes for it right now actually ^_^

i can't help with the ride (sorry :( ), since im in va beach..but as for the hotel, if u don't mind staying with me and my mom (she's my ride and also wants to see the dealers room, ect. ^^) and i think jen is staying with me too ^^
the more the merryer! weee!
i hope u can come! and keep asking around for a ride..lol.

You're in VA Beach? Spiffy. I'm in Chesapeake.

UnwantedKikyo
03-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Like I said b4 im going mostly just to say hi to some Agents,Midknight,and CCAmanda if she goes...Its literally 5mins. from my house since I live in Midlothian,VA hehe. I just gotta find someone to room with..Any help there anyone???Im working on my Mana outfit and my fruits basket outfits for AMA already ^_^' well Mana's almost done....but yea anyone got room space 4 me???

Midknight
03-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Like I said b4 im going mostly just to say hi to some Agents,Midknight,and CCAmanda if she goes...Its literally 5mins. from my house since I live in Midlothian,VA hehe. I just gotta find someone to room with..Any help there anyone???Im working on my Mana outfit and my fruits basket outfits for AMA already ^_^' well Mana's almost done....but yea anyone got room space 4 me???

*waves Hi* ^_^

Which Fruits Basket costume are you doing? Tohru?

UnwantedKikyo
03-04-2004, 02:08 PM
*big-wave*

Nope!!!Im doing Saki In her school uniform ^_^

OdangoAtama
03-04-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm going! Hopefully I'll have my morgan outfit from the Oh my Goddess movie...if not I'll either be black lady *already done* or Seiya

madhatterr104
03-04-2004, 07:08 PM
Hmmm... another AMA thread...

Well, as I already mentioned before, I'll be there... working on costumes for it right now actually ^_^

You're in VA Beach? Spiffy. I'm in Chesapeake.

hotness...someone close to me who cosplays! weee!
PM me if ya want. im always on AIM too.

ooo..fruits basket..im thinking of doing torhu's mom...the red jacket version.

UnwantedKikyo
03-07-2004, 11:29 AM
haha everyone loves fruits basket..its like fruits basket frenzy right now or something!!! wheee for FB!!! ^_^

Tora
03-07-2004, 12:07 PM
0_0 I hadn't commented on this one.

Yeah, I'm going! I'm not looking fwd to the drive at all V_V''' but the con is generally small and chill, so I'm looking forward to that part. Plus I'm not going to be in a new costume every 5 minutes, so I think this time I'll be more relaxed? ^_^*

Sooooooo.... AMA here I come ^_^

Reiko
03-07-2004, 07:45 PM
FB yah its a frenze.. *hides costumes* hehe Im coming too.

Sorahana
03-07-2004, 07:49 PM
*cries her eyes out* I wanna go...........but its too far!! *screams at it for being so far* Lol ^^;. I should run it by my mom and see what she says lol XD;. *crosses fingers* Maybe..........maybe..........
:waves back to dizzylizzy: lol ^^

ainslye
03-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Mmmm.... fruits insanity.

Now, to find a tennis skirt... muahahaha.
I'm still waiting for my vacation day to get approved, so heres to hoping I get that friday off... ^_^

NekoZidane
03-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Oooooohhh, yeeeeaaahhhh.... I forgot to mention, I may or may not have one space left in my hotel room, if anyone needs it. But only if I know/have met you. Katsucon's situation proved to be a little weird with the random roommates, so please, only if you're older than 16, but no older than... ummmm.... 25.

Why must I always whore myself out so?

dizzylizzy
03-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Oooooohhh, yeeeeaaahhhh.... I forgot to mention, I may or may not have one space left in my hotel room, if anyone needs it. But only if I know/have met you. Katsucon's situation proved to be a little weird with the random roommates, so please, only if you're older than 16, but no older than... ummmm.... 25.

Why must I always whore myself out so?

but... but.... you should say no older than 26. because well... a week after ama i'll be 26. and well, that would be sad if an agent wouldn't be eligable to room with you. lol

i'll be booking our room soon. sorry nat!! but, i have a feeling with all our stuff and ddr-ness, we'll take up one room with the 3 of us (me, jen, stu). we've been trying to figure it out and it seems for the best. me so sorry!

cosplay:
hana- fruits basket
summoner yuna- ffx duh! lol
and depending if i get it done, trainer yuna- ffx-2

i can't wait! it'll be the year anniversary of the agents!!! JOY!

Tora
03-09-2004, 07:14 AM
I propose a mandatory playing of "Walky Talky Tag" at least once during this con!

XD

Room-wise... I was only able to grab one with a double bed and a pull-out couch. V_V' Apparently ppl grabbed the rooms up quick. x_X

Giant Alucard
03-09-2004, 10:21 PM
It's official that me and my group will be going to ama, w00t. And i'm off to a good start since I've already started on my costumes. If i finsh them early i will also make a Naraku costume, lol.

Midknight
03-09-2004, 10:37 PM
I propose a mandatory playing of "Walky Talky Tag" at least once during this con!

XD

Sounds fun... :D You think they'd let us play "Pass the cell phone" or "Cell phone monkey in the middle"? XP

Giant Alucard, glad you can make it ^_^

dizzylizzy
03-09-2004, 11:01 PM

just as long as we don't have to catch matt again. he ran too fast. jen and i almost died!!! the emi patrol needed back up and no one came! well.... like you could have found us in that maze! hahahaha!

i'm so glad there are more people coming this year. this can mean only one thing... the c.com shoot WON'T be just the agents! lol sweet deal!

NeoLunaAngel
03-10-2004, 02:47 PM
It won't???

Yeah, it won't...

It'll be the Agents and Gang B.

YAY!

kaoss
03-10-2004, 05:51 PM
What is walky talky tag? if its fun count me in

Cosplaying Amon from Witch hunter robin by the way

-kaoss-

Tora
03-10-2004, 06:02 PM
What is walky talky tag? if its fun count me in

Basically, we all brought walky talky's to the con last year. Met up w/each other, and got bored.

SO we decided that since the hotel was basically like a huge MAZE of DOOM, that we'd play a game! After some talking, we teamed up, turned on the walky talkies (synched up different channels for each team) and ran around the hotel acting like Ninja's ^_^*

The Agent names actually spawned from the games of Tag. Our code names were based on our costumes at the time, and the rest is history!

madhatterr104
03-10-2004, 06:24 PM
sounds like fun ^^

lizzy- its ok..i understand that u guys need ur own room. guess it's just me and andrea then *sob*
*clings to lizzy*
^^

UnwantedKikyo
03-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Hahah tora can I join in on the walky talkie tag this time?? It sounds like alotta fun!! ^_^ this hotel isnt that confusing though..lol yea but im still lookin 4 a room Eric u should make it 15!!! im 15 and need a room! lolz...*shrugs* oh and I finished my kanna outfit YAY! and working on mana still -_-' my fruits basket is coming along also..slowly..haha!

ainslye
03-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Just don't... and I mean don't... pause my the ice machine for breath. Lizzy had to get hostile.. LoL... we were told to go back to our rooms immediately. I think they thought we were squatters, sleeping there for free or something. o.O

Cosplay:
kisa, fruits basket
Rakka, haibane renmei
if Lizzy thinks we can get trainers done, then Trainer Rikku

Lizzy... no Lunar this con?

Midknight
03-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Just don't... and I mean don't... pause my the ice machine for breath. Lizzy had to get hostile.. LoL... we were told to go back to our rooms immediately. I think they thought we were squatters, sleeping there for free or something. o.O

LOL... Yeah, they were evil about being out of the room at night... We were sent back to our rooms and we were just sitting in a group talking... on furnature... no running involved... :sulk:

I hope they're a little more relaxed this year...

NixKlouD
03-11-2004, 04:08 PM
If you don't mind havin a litle noob to cosplay about- I'd love to join in the games ^^ This con sounds like it's gonna be more and more fun :bigtu:
Take Care, See ya there!
-Nix```

NekoZidane
03-11-2004, 10:06 PM
lol yea but im still lookin 4 a room Eric u should make it 15!!! im 15 and need a room!

Ok I know you, and believe you can be trusted, so yes, you can stay in my room, just pm me and such, and I'll talk to you about it. ^_^

dizzylizzy
03-11-2004, 10:43 PM
lmao. i forgot about me getting nasty back to the guy! yeah... they were strange about people being up that late. i mean, it IS a hotel con. that IS how it IS. lol

::says shyly:: walkie talkie tag is agents only. it's something like ritual. members only. BUT... ::gets wide eyed:: we have other fun things to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tora, how about some more pin the who-who on the naked inu yasha! ::Grins:: and then there's ddr, and "i spy with my ghetto finding eye", and so on! omg! FUN!!!

Reiko
03-12-2004, 09:58 PM
so like we ever make it to these but maybe a c.com gathering?

Sorahana
03-13-2004, 09:38 AM
I could be going to AMA, but my mom said "No". She said its too far to drive on Memorial Day weekend. She wants to go to the beach instead that weekend. WE ALWAYS GO TO THE SHORE ALL THE TIME DURING THE YEAR. Once again she puts what she wants to do before me...........but thats normal. Oh well. Have fun ok?

ainslye
03-13-2004, 11:23 AM
*starts singing the theme to Mission Impossible*

UnwantedKikyo
03-14-2004, 09:57 AM
mission impossible theme!! haha ^_^'' but a c.com gathering...yall dont make it to em majority of the time anywayz!!!lol! well some do and some dont...depends >>' but umm ok like sat. or something?

dizzylizzy
03-15-2004, 12:30 AM
yeah, the shoot will prob be sat, but imo think it's too early to plan a set time just yet. i think we're better waiting until early may to set something up. ^^

NekoZidane
03-15-2004, 09:19 AM
And only 74 more days left!! That's 10 and a half weeks!

::goes insane with anticipation::

... ... ...

::explodes::

Giant Alucard
03-15-2004, 12:10 PM
::comes in after the explosion and sweeps up the dust that was once NekoZidane::

UnwantedKikyo
03-15-2004, 03:19 PM
hahaha what u gonna do with that dust put it in a jar and paint little eyes and such on it...^_^''

ainslye
03-15-2004, 03:35 PM
*eats the dust*
yum.

So...uhh....
*tries to stay ontopic*
Who's making new costumes for this con? Anyone finished? Anyone not start yet?

Dual Weilder
03-15-2004, 05:54 PM
hmmm.... new costumes.... some of my friends and I have been discussing prince of tennis uniforms, but i'm not really sure. new costumes would be fun, but i've gotta spend lotsa time on ap bio and scholarships right now >.<

kaoss
03-15-2004, 06:13 PM
I haven't started! w00t!!!1 ANYWAYS! heh i hope to also get a new wig for my jing costume (those of you who saw me at katsucon should know what i mean, i was the short jing cosplayer with no bird and hair that looked like ffx2 yuna in a trenchcoat :thumbsup: )
anyone who was there last year, was there a game room with hundreds of ddr games going? if there was i'll challenge any of you :)

-kaoss-

Midknight
03-16-2004, 02:40 AM
*eats the dust*
yum.

So...uhh....
*tries to stay ontopic*
Who's making new costumes for this con? Anyone finished? Anyone not start yet?

*hands ainslye some Tums*

Yep. Making Yura from Inuyasha and Nanami from Utena... whether I finish or not remains to be seen... Me = procrastinator. But at least I have a good start on both.

NixKlouD
03-16-2004, 03:56 AM
Welp, I'm gathering supplies, so hopefully I'll start soon! lol. I'm doing an original design, so I don't think my costume's really going to take *too* much, except for the weapon. I've figured out what materials to use, so now I'm hoping that the almighty duct tape'll hold it up for me :D lol
Take Care,
-Nix```

ainslye
03-16-2004, 06:08 AM
I'll reply to my own question!
I haven't started on Kisa yet. Doh! I think I will this week...
(yeah right, I'm such a procrastinator)

Giant Alucard
03-16-2004, 07:37 AM
I've redone my Alucard jacket (grew out of my last one - -"), I've finished my Auron costume, And I am starting my Bondage alucard costume. After that I will work on my Canti (FLCL) costume and then Naraku will be the final one before AMA...... I am going to be soooo broke, lol.

dizzylizzy
03-16-2004, 12:40 PM
I've redone my Alucard jacket (grew out of my last one - -"), I've finished my Auron costume, And I am starting my Bondage alucard costume. After that I will work on my Canti (FLCL) costume and then Naraku will be the final one before AMA...... I am going to be soooo broke, lol.

i'll be bringing summoner yuna. if we end up wearing the ffx costumes at the same time, we should do a small fun shoot! ^^ right now i dunno when i'm wearing it at the con.

UnwantedKikyo
03-16-2004, 01:37 PM
Im working on Mana from Malice Mizer and hana from Fruits basket(sorta) then I finished kanna finally!!! Then my gunner kikyou...<--dont ask.... but thats about it imma bring Rinoa(updated) and my other ones...like kikyou too but okies!! im a major procrastinator too...yay me and jenn both are!!!

Reiko
03-16-2004, 06:48 PM
I guess im bringing Thief Yuna.. lizzy lol ^_^ FF shoot!!

Giant Alucard
03-16-2004, 10:20 PM
I'm all up for the FF photo shoot, lol.

UnwantedKikyo
03-17-2004, 08:55 AM
I'll have Rinoa...haha even though thats 8 and yalls are X and X-2 ^_^''

dizzylizzy
03-17-2004, 02:22 PM
i wouldn't mind a small ff shoot. ^^ but i still get to steal giant alucard for ffx pics. ::wink wink::

UnwantedKikyo
03-17-2004, 02:35 PM
hahaha ^_^' greedy arnt we??

Midknight
03-17-2004, 04:02 PM
*sigh* Another FF photoshoot... and me without Terra and Edgar done, yet again... le sigh

dizzylizzy
03-17-2004, 06:32 PM
have no fear midknight! there's another con... and another and another and another... lol i didn't know you guys were doing terra and edgar. i can't wait to see them when they're finished!!!

Reiko
03-17-2004, 07:14 PM
lol hell why dont we try a meeting place first for AMA you know thhose good old c.com photo shoots

Midknight
03-17-2004, 07:15 PM
have no fear midknight! there's another con... and another and another and another... lol i didn't know you guys were doing terra and edgar. i can't wait to see them when they're finished!!!

Lol thanks ^_^ I actually started working on them early last year, doing all the sketches and buying all the materials and such (Although I found a place now that sells silk satin that I want to replace the red synthetic satin that I have, because I can actually dye that instead of having to paint the pattern on. uber expensive though 0.0; I'm gonna have to wait until their annual sale on the 3rd of July to buy it.) I was actually trying to have them for Otakon last year, though I doubt I'll have them by Otakon this year... maybe for Neko... I've been working on beading every now and then though... (long seed bead trim is very time consuming to make! lol)

taryn
03-17-2004, 08:07 PM
I am attempting to work on Yuna's omatsurishi costume...so hopefully I can get it all finished for AmA for the FF photo shoot!

ainslye
03-17-2004, 08:52 PM
it's ok midknight, i dont think i'll have any FF costumes this con... I'll be non FF with you, in my Rakka-ness. *flaps bloody wings*

Reiko
03-17-2004, 08:55 PM
lol anyone heard me about a C.com photo meeting thing?

dizzylizzy
03-17-2004, 11:22 PM
lol anyone heard me about a C.com photo meeting thing?

yeah... we're just ignoring you.

i think we're waiting for the beginning of may to decide on times. it's a small con so it's not there are uber events. lol but then, i'm guessing for the masses. ::goes and hides::

Darxim
03-18-2004, 11:14 AM
How about a photoshoot by the poolside? Eh? Eh? Come on. It'll be convenient, we can do it after you go swimming. ;)

UnwantedKikyo
03-18-2004, 02:24 PM
reiko I already said something too they said its too early to start one of those -_-; so yea....

Darxim...I thought the pool was inside last time I went there..o.O; its outside but inside...haha ^_^; if that makes sense....

Reiko
03-18-2004, 07:42 PM
yeah... we're just ignoring you.

i think we're waiting for the beginning of may to decide on times. it's a small con so it's not there are uber events. lol but then, i'm guessing for the masses. ::goes and hides::

hey U_U you ass.. XD I love you lizzy.. yeah it a small one.

dizzylizzy
03-19-2004, 11:48 AM
yes i am. ::winks:: lol

btw, i booked our room last nite, jamie. lol the just in case effect. i have a feeling it might be a littler better. here's to hoping our rooms are basically near each other. we (me, jen, and stu) miss chillin out with you guys... considering we're usually in another hotel. lmao

oh, and they have PLENTY of rooms fopr the AMA rate. we grabbed the double bed non smoking. lol i guess after the hotel rush for neko, katsu, then otakon... it's a relief. ^^

kaoss
03-19-2004, 04:03 PM
wow. this is wierd
nobody seems to be doing witchhunter robin cosplays! i saw bajillions of people doing Robin and Amon and others at Katsu!
also, i may be trying to do a FF costume, depending if i can get up off my fat ass and finish doing Amon :thumbsup:. maybe i'll do Shuyin or something. I haven't decided.

-kaoss-

Tora
03-19-2004, 05:11 PM
oh, and they have PLENTY of rooms fopr the AMA rate. we grabbed the double bed non smoking. lol i guess after the hotel rush for neko, katsu, then otakon... it's a relief. ^^

WTF!? They keep telling Liz and I that the room block is almost full... no double beds left?? I JUST called too and asked again, mentioned the con and everything? I already have a room, but it's a king-bed w/ a pullout couch in the smoking section. V_V'

I don't get it :lost:

UnwantedKikyo
03-20-2004, 10:28 AM
who knows...I will try calling and see what they say. Weird-ness.... but ok imma try calling and see. Mabey that person is just messed up or sumthin??never kno it happens. And I know people who are going as WHR chara. they have a robin and amon...think thats it but still WHR!!! haha ^_^;

Darxim
03-20-2004, 10:54 PM
I won't be impressed until I see this (http://eshiron.s19.xrea.com/) Robin. (translated (http://www.pick.ucam.org/~tjm35/robimanga/))

I got my double-bed room earlier this month (almost three weeks ago). I wouldn't be surprised if they had finally run out of that variety. Kings really only go when the doubles are all booked.

One thing to try is this: You've already got a room with a King, right? That's your backup. You call the hotel about an hour before the cancellation deadline (usually 5 or 6pm the day before) and ask if they have any rooms with double beds, because sometimes people have to cancel. If they do, you just switch your reservation to the double bed room. You can also try earlier, like the day before that, as others may try this strategy, but also try in the final hour, because some people wait till then to cancel their room.

UnwantedKikyo
03-21-2004, 11:20 AM
I called yesterday and they said they still have rooms with double beds o.o;; ...ummm thats kinda weird >>;

cordless runner
03-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Well I am still a little unsure about going....In the next few months I will be moving out into a new apartment (hopefully *prays*) so I dont think if I do go, I wont know if I will have the time or the money to make any new costumes like the gang wants me to. So yeah...we'll see...still thinking about it....if I do go...gonna make sure the damn armor is the first to go in the car T_T

Princess_Hotaru
03-22-2004, 06:44 PM
I'm going with my friend, Laura..who has been two times in a row, I think..so yeah.

Tora
03-23-2004, 05:43 AM
One thing to try is this: You've already got a room with a King, right? That's your backup. You call the hotel about an hour before the cancellation deadline (usually 5 or 6pm the day before) and ask if they have any rooms with double beds, because sometimes people have to cancel. If they do, you just switch your reservation to the double bed room. You can also try earlier, like the day before that, as others may try this strategy, but also try in the final hour, because some people wait till then to cancel their room.

Thank you! I'll definately give that a try. I'm at wit's end with this crap. >_<'

UnwantedKikyo
03-24-2004, 02:29 PM
if I do go...gonna make sure the damn armor is the first to go in the car T_T

HAHAHA!!!! yea that would be a good idea!!! I hope u do go girl!!! it'd be fun to see ya again! ^_^ I like talking to ya!!! and remember *puts hotpocket half way in mouth* O.O OMG..OMG...OMG...OMG....*looks for shesshy armor* I FORGOT ITT!!!! god I thought u like I dunno what!!! but hope to see ya!!

NekoZidane
03-25-2004, 05:06 PM
Just a random thought: How long do you think it'll take before this con gets it's own section on the forums, and not just another illegitimate child of "other".

I mean, does it go by attendance, or is there a mafia payoff involved, cause this con is one of the best on the coast.

Giant Alucard
03-26-2004, 11:10 AM
I have no clue and have been wondering about that mysekf. I was surprised when i first saw that nekocon had it's own section on the forum.

dizzylizzy
03-26-2004, 07:18 PM
i think ama is still TOO small to have it's own section right now. not many people go to it or know about it really (even though their own section would help, i think). i like that fact that not everyone is jumping on for this con. it's a time for all of us to chill and get to know each other better and meet new people. i dunno about you guys, but at cons like neko, katsu, otakon and so on... i don't have time or even a thought process to sit down and just talk. ama allows that. ^^

i know that last year ama made everyone closer. i gained so many friends from it. lol

NekoZidane
03-26-2004, 08:29 PM
True but I think we had time at Neko to kinda chill out, but mebbe that was just me...

The main reason I loved AMA so much is that it only had about 1,300 people there. It sounds like a lot, but in a hotel, it's pretty tame. It gave us time to relax, swim, make calm, collected plans, and actually meet some new people that you'd run into again. Not like Otakon where you meet someone and the following year you see them pass you and say, "Now that guy/girl looks really familiar.... Hmmmm."

And now I trail off into obscurity.

Stueypark
03-26-2004, 10:14 PM
True but I think we had time at Neko to kinda chill out, but mebbe that was just me...

I don't know, that 3 hours on the ground waiting for cosplay gave me plenty of time to chill out... and by that I mean freeze my a... rear off.

madhatterr104
03-26-2004, 10:36 PM
*nods* i could have solved the mystery of life waiting outside under the blanket for cosplay. maybe i did and i just forgot..o.o;;
60 something days left..woot.
*goes away to stress out about it*

dizzylizzy
03-27-2004, 10:22 PM
gyah, don't remind me of the neko line of terror. i think i'm STILL defrosting from sitting out in the cold like that. O.o

guess what guys... I'M SUBMITTING AN AMV TO AMA!!!!!! i emailed the person in charge about the program i use and such and they said that they can convert my files!!! cuz... i can't on mine. lol. JOY!!!

Darxim
03-27-2004, 10:23 PM
I spent a lot of time at Katsu just hanging out, chillin', meeting people. Of course, I was up 'till sunrise.

They should make a sub-section for smaller cons. Then at least the threads for all the smaller cons would be better organized.

UnwantedKikyo
03-29-2004, 01:33 PM
yea sitting outside in the cold gosh v.v im still de-frosting from that too....omg I was freezing...and being in my kikyou outfit didnt help at all...

But yea AMA is pretty chill ^_^ I like it cause it isnt that big plus now its only like 5mins. from my house so if I forget something I can just go get it!! hehe ^_^

bigwil
03-30-2004, 12:20 PM
I was at AmA last I had fun I enjoyed tha fri and sat dances yeah :dance: :jjacks: because I like to get my dance on!
size dosen't matter,it's the amount of enjoyment that counts..LOL

Cosplay
Mr X.-Agentsoma
(maybe) Venom-Guilty gearX
(maybe)Orochi Guy(name unknown)Kof97?

cordless runner
03-30-2004, 05:27 PM
yeah I agree....infact, out of all the cons I have been to, I would have to say AMA's dance last year was the best.

On another note...
According to Nick, I am going to AMA...lol...though I did just start this new job so I dont think I should call off just yet...however I rather be at a con any day then have to put up with horse poo and horses stepping on me >_>

Also, I might be entering some of my mom's art for her since she cant really go to cons. But yeah...now just gotta talk Nick into going...hmmm...

Lyn
03-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Well...as its looking like my chances of going to Animazement are decreasing by the minute...I might be able to go to this con after all. ^^; I originally had planned on this one but then got invited to AZ but now my ride can't go so unless I find a new ride for that one....I can't go. x_x

Though I'd still need a ride to this one too. x_x Yeah...I really should just get my liscense already and then I wouldn't have these problems. Blah.

madhatterr104 - Still got any room left in your room if I do go? ^^;; I remember you offering me space before.

UnwantedKikyo
03-30-2004, 07:50 PM
YAY SHEENAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! *glomps her* YOUR GOING YOUR GOING YOUR GOING!! WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!! *ish happy* ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ok imma calm down....WHEEE-NESSSSSSSS!!!!! ok....>.>'

cordless runner
03-30-2004, 08:44 PM
O_O omg?!?

yeah...just gotta talk Nick into going...he's a manager now at work so he might not me able to go...not to mention the one big reason we werent going was because of the townhome we are getting in a few months....we cant really afford to go to cons right away but were gonna try anyway..

madhatterr104
03-30-2004, 10:11 PM
Lyn: you are always welcome to stay with me...let me know soon though, cus im booking the hotel this week >>;;
AIM: sweetmisery8614
IM me..o.o...and stuff

on a random side note cus it's late and im wired with de pocky: i'm bringing a friend along (its her first con ^^ ) and dressing her up as kr cube shinya because im evil like that.

dizzylizzy
03-31-2004, 12:36 PM
natalie- my friend kathy said that the hotel is now booked. it was on the AMA mailing list. for all we know though that could mean the special con rate is booked. lol and btw, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, we make another innocent soul one of us. lol

and guys... i've finished my second amv for AMA. joy!! so it's hammy got back and a ff8 vid (which looks purdy niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. lol) hopefully they'll convert well once AMA has them. i don't have a program to do that, but they do. wish me luck!

Stueypark
03-31-2004, 05:40 PM
, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, we make another innocent soul one of us. lol

One of us, one of us, hehehehehe

you know, I'd love to know where that line came from originally

KuroBara
03-31-2004, 05:44 PM
One of us, one of us, hehehehehe

you know, I'd love to know where that line came from originally

It's from the final episode of "Clerks: The animated series", and it's hysterical in context.

hehehehehehe!

bigwil
04-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Hey MadHat did ya check your PM..? I was wonderin since..I haven't heard anything yet...Just wanted to know about taggin along with your crew?

"People,Cosplayersand Animals lend me your pocky,your manga,and your Animes!!!!" :bigtu: LoL

Ok..what is up the a and c words? :untrust:

madhatterr104
04-01-2004, 01:07 PM
*meep* i don't know who you are ><
i would kinda want to know u before im just like "yea, sure"
>>....<<...>>

Stueypark
04-01-2004, 02:42 PM
It's from the final episode of "Clerks: The animated series", and it's hysterical in context.

hehehehehehe!

Yeah, that's what I took it from, and I only just found out the line originally came from some old movie from the 30's called "Freaks"

And now I promise to not go off-topic again ^^;

bigwil
04-02-2004, 09:19 AM
*meep* i don't know who you are ><
i would kinda want to know u before im just like "yea, sure"
>>....<<...>>
ic...ic...no problem. :thumbsup:
So..what do you want to know...?

Darxim
04-02-2004, 06:42 PM
[effeminite voice]If you could kiss any member of N'Sync, who would it be? Oh my gosh![/effeminite voice]

Why not just have a gathering at AMA and determine from there who wants to hang out with who?

dizzylizzy
04-04-2004, 12:38 PM
:::Saw the resurgance of the other ama thread::: how hard is it to click on the first AMA thread you see and the longest? ::Winks::

so, has anyone made any progress on their costumes??
everyone got a hotel room? they're booked now. ^^

when is everyone getting there???
i know that me, ainslye, stueypark, DE crew, and tora and the gang... hell, the agents in general. lmao.... are going to be there thursday nite.

UnwantedKikyo
04-04-2004, 01:03 PM
yup me gonna be there thurs. but im not rooming with agents that night I will be on fri and sat. though ^_^ thurs. imma be with rachellll!!!!!! partying...(not really) T.T; but I got the majorty of my costumes finished making sure kanna is ok..I keep finding things I wanna fix on it >.>; Mana...cant find hair attachment..I will deal with later and hana-chan...is sorta on hold till I can go to fabric store again v.v; haha!

madhatterr104
04-04-2004, 01:37 PM
*does not have her hotel room yet* i really should call one of these days ><
costumes- only one wig left to get..and 3 costumes to make o.o and studs to order..damn it, i knew there was something i forgot..
and a car to rent >>;;
*stressing out* XP

NekoZidane
04-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Myself (Agent E), and Orbal (Agent O) are both coming down on Thursday, so if anyone wants to meet up, I'm down with that. If anyone needs a room, I think I may have one space (floor) left.

But I must have some knowledge of who the heck you are, and I don't wanna play six degrees of NekoZidane. Some of you may have remembered my predicament from Katsucon...

Giant Alucard
04-05-2004, 12:14 PM
If you need a place to stay my group has room left in the girls room and you get a ride to and from if you need it. Helps save on funds and such. If you want to join in you can PM or IM me.

bigwil
04-05-2004, 01:47 PM
If you need a place to stay my group has room left in the girls room and you get a ride to and from if you need it. Helps save on funds and such. If you want to join in you can PM or IM me.
What up GA I'm interested In getting a ride..also I replied to about otakon also.:japan:

NekoZidane
04-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen... I present to you....

Anime Mid-Atlantic now has it's OWN SECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happiness.

Orbal
04-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Maybe since it has it's own section now, I can find it a bit more easily... And maybe post more... Word. =3 Yes I'm going. X3

NekoZidane
04-12-2004, 10:58 AM
I'm randomly wondering about the con's events and such, and I just realized: Plushie Con.

Plushie Con was a couple of friends who like their plushies telling random stories that were sometimes completely unrelated to plushies. (This was in a hallroom on the 1st floor/doom level 4 of AMA last year.)

If AMA staff'll let some guys get a panel just by rambling on about work, money and fake Ein plushies, it's only a matter of time until Agent Con is a dream realized.

I think I'll make badges if I can find a laminater at the flea market.

ainslye
04-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Agent Con? I am so there. The Badges must have amarant on them!

NekoZidane
04-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Agent Con? I am so there. The Badges must have amarant on them!

Yes, that would be lovely. I just hope we stop recruiting new agents, or it's gonna break my budget! I still have dog tags to make for all 19 Agents!

Reiko
04-17-2004, 10:06 PM
so how long now till AMA 4 a little over a month..

ainslye
04-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Yeah, maybe I should start on kisa.....

NekoZidane
04-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Well, seeing as how I'm tired of being a bit on the pudgy side, I've begun my plan for cosplay fitness:

40 situps a night every night until the con. (Zidane was thin; I am not.)
Walking at least one mile everyday. (Zidane could use a better butt.)
The occasional DDRMax2 workout mode at 600 kCal. (No clever comment here.)

I think my goal is to not have to be too self-conscious when in the tight lil pants.

Nuff said.

NixKlouD
04-19-2004, 04:55 AM
^^ Heehee- I'm glad that I'm not the only one really trying to get into better shape for the con... I kinda felt goofy with that being the main reason to get in better shape again. Best of luck to you :bigtu: Hopefully both of us will be in the shape we want to be in come the end of May :)
Take Care,
-Nix```

Giant Alucard
04-19-2004, 08:26 AM
i know the feeling NekoZidane. I've been back in weight trainning trying to lose the extra weight. I even have a crazy personal trainer who has the biggest muscles on his arms that i have ever seen, lol. Well, back to the work out.

NekoZidane
04-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Well, the idea isn't to be buff. It's to be not-fat. It doesn't help that I have no upper body strength whatsoever. (Long torso, short legs.) But I've managed to do my situps every day so far. I might be able to lose some weight. We'll see.

And keep an eye on that trainer. If he wants your wife/girlfriend/video games, he can take them, just like The Rock as Nick Cattrell on SNL.

MonoyashaJLA
04-22-2004, 08:45 AM
Same here, 50+ situps, 20+ push ups, every night....trying to run to lose weight, but too afraid to run around my apartments at night, plus havent had any soda for 5 days, cutting back on chocolates and sweets. ^-^ I do this before every con, but I gained an extra 10 pounds this winter, so I have to work extra hard >:P

Giant Alucard
04-22-2004, 08:58 AM
LOL, I remember that episode. I'm just doing weight trainning to get in the shape I used to have ::shrug::, but at least I'm keeping up with the work outs. I should start seeing some results in mid may I hope, lol.

Flute
04-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Last year before AMA I did a crash diet and lost 25lbs. Crash diets aren't easy. >.< Now I can't seem to stick to anything for more then two days but I really need to get into better shape.

Bravo to all of you that can stick with it. Hopefully I'll find something that works for me soon.

Darxim
04-22-2004, 07:22 PM
6 rounds of DDR, 50 turning crunches (they're easy), 20 regular crunches, 20 push-ups, 50 more turning crunches, 20 more regular crunches, 10 of those pushups where you keep your hands together (hard, but I only do 10), light weight lifting, then shower. Every night since Spring 2003. I've lost 5 pounds. Of course, the intent wasn't to lose weight, it was to build muscle. My stomach muscles are tight now, so it doesn't bother me to suck in my gut any more, and that's what really counts.

The push-ups are the only part that never gets any easier. You'd think all that typing would have built up my arms quite a bit, but it's done nothing for them. Swimming is good excersize.

NekoZidane
04-25-2004, 09:35 AM
Okay, now that the Northeast Cosplay Picnic III has happened, I have a better idea of who more of you are. Now I can associate more names to faces.

But on a side note, how many of you all pre-regged? Katsu had a great deal ($20), and I think I'll be taking advantage of that for a long time to come. ^_^

ainslye
04-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Er, I'm not. I hope that won't be a problem a la nekocon... *wince*
I was going to, but then I forgot... oops...

OdangoAtama
04-27-2004, 12:20 PM
I'm going :) Look for the lonely Ami-chan cause my friends will most likely ditch me this con *pout*

streetz8921
05-01-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm goin!! 45 mins away

NekoZidane
05-02-2004, 12:24 AM
So, I've been hearing that the Holiday Inn just renovated all of the rooms. I hope so man. The comforters on the beds the other year were more like discomforters, and the "bathrooms" were more like mold spore testing sites.

I think mebbe they were due for a renovation or two. Maybe it's just me, but if I'm paying money NOT to sleep in my own bed, I'd like it to be staph-free.

AmarantCoral
05-02-2004, 12:28 AM
So, I've been hearing that the Holiday Inn just renovated all of the rooms. I hope so man. The comforters on the beds the other year were more like discomforters, and the "bathrooms" were more like mold spore testing sites.

I think mebbe they were due for a renovation or two. Maybe it's just me, but if I'm paying money NOT to sleep in my own bed, I'd like it to be staph-free.

Yes, I agree. I found the comforters that year to be very abrasive and not very comfortable.

I would like to hope that this "like-new" hotel room will include 100% cotton comforters, or at least a decent set of sheets.

:rockon:

NekoZidane
05-02-2004, 12:32 AM
If Master Amarant pleases, I'm sure that myself or another one of your loyal Agents would be happy to bring some for you that are pleasing to your touch.

::bows in obiesance::

AmarantCoral
05-02-2004, 12:37 AM
If Master Amarant pleases, I'm sure that myself or another one of your loyal Agents would be happy to bring some for you that are pleasing to your touch.

::bows in obiesance::

I'd expect as much. I'll have you know that I developed a rash at that convention that had me under the weather for several days. Not fitting for one such as myself. Not fitting at all.

*basks in worship* Yes, I'm glad my kind 'request' for a rennovation has been answered in kind.

:cool:

Tora
05-02-2004, 12:40 AM
I'd expect as much. I'll have you know that I developed a rash at that convention that had me under the weather for several days. Not fitting for one such as myself. Not fitting at all.

*basks in worship* Yes, I'm glad my kind 'request' for a rennovation has been answered in kind.

*worships too* I'll be sure to bring a special comforter from home for you. Of course you'll have your own personal transport as well.

Midknight
05-02-2004, 12:48 AM

I'll be sure to bring your special fluffy slippers too.

ainslye
05-02-2004, 12:52 AM

Let me know if you need any pillow fluffing. Don't need you with a crick in your neck, you've got a lot to do throughout the weekend.

AmarantCoral
05-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Well seeing as how they CLAIM to have new carpeting, I may have to forgo the use of the slippers (that I asked never be spoken of ::sigh::) to test the plushness of this "carpet".

Of course, nothing short of felt shag rugs, have ever been to the taste of my tootsies.

Ahem.

Tora
05-02-2004, 12:56 AM
Well seeing as how they CLAIM to have new carpeting, I may have to forgo the use of the slippers (that I asked never be spoken of ::sigh::) to test the plushness of this "carpet".

Of course, nothing short of felt shag rugs, have ever been to the taste of my tootsies.

Ahem.

New carpeting maybe, but those tiles and linoleum may not be good for your feet (or anything else... >_>) . Who knows where the rash came from!

Hell, we might as well get you the Pope-Mobile.

NekoZidane
05-02-2004, 01:18 AM
Tora, do you think that Master Amarant would want to give up his comfortable, stylish, and need I remind you, expensive limo for such a crude vehicle as the popemobile??

That turreted pinto may be good enough for a leader of men, but not for a leader of Agents!

Reiko
05-02-2004, 01:33 AM
good piont.... lol atleast he will be coming to AMA

dizzylizzy
05-02-2004, 02:23 AM
but amarant, i thought you were going to be basically at the art show most of the con. i figured you'd stay with us for thursday nite and then be with all your art show buddies friday morning until sunday afternoon. interesting. well, at least your thursday nite will be nice and comfy!!!!

oh, and i guess this means stu gets to sleep on the floor. amarant hates sharing beds. i think he's got the same problem tora has. ^^

Stueypark
05-02-2004, 06:23 PM
oh, and i guess this means stu gets to sleep on the floor. amarant hates sharing beds. i think he's got the same problem tora has. ^^

The room is a single/double, if he gets the only bed that puts everyone else on the floor.

Maybe Amarant should sleep in the car, afterall, he knows how clean that is but the hotel room might have all sorts of... "filth" all over.

ainslye
05-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Just don't look under the bed. There were all sorts of nasy surprises under there last year.

NixKlouD
05-03-2004, 03:35 AM
*Does a little dance* I'm in a room now! Woot! That makes live so much easier-> I didn't want to go back and forth b/w home and the con every day. How I convinced Mum, I'll never know, but I'm happy ^^
...just had to share my joy, lol.
Take Care,
-Nix```

dizzylizzy
05-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Just don't look under the bed. There were all sorts of nasy surprises under there last year.

::gags!!!:: that haunts me even to this day! i fear looking under hotel beds now. >> that was just WRONG!!! (found a condom under bed... wtf?!)

UnwantedKikyo
05-03-2004, 07:38 PM
LMFAO!!! HAHAHA!!! OMG ARE U SERIOUS LIZZY!?!?!?! omg im glad that didnt happen to me!! wowzers I would have just like freaked!! o.o'

makotohanabi
05-03-2004, 08:30 PM
What? Might just sleep in the car during the con.

ainslye
05-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Not just a condom.

It was used.
*bleah*

We didn't touch it.

Thinking back, shoulda complained louder and gotten even more of a discount. We got one for it taking over 5 hours to get into our rooms due to lock malfunction or something. *shrug*

but that's just nasty.

dizzylizzy
05-03-2004, 10:39 PM
thank god it's another hotel though.

Flute
05-04-2004, 12:30 AM
O.O; You guys definately should have complained...

dizzylizzy
05-04-2004, 01:20 AM
well, we did get A LOT knocked off for the room for the whole delay of getting into the room. they swore up and down that there was nothing wrong with the room key (electronic) and basically said that we didn't know how to operate it. we had to get 3 different keys (or was it more jen?) to try. the last time, they FINALLY called the maintanence guy, who was awesome and started fixing the lock. he gave us a room across the hall. looking back now, we should have stayed in that room. >> we decided not to because the # to the room was the police id # for a murder. O.o

so yeah.... we did meet "that guy!" while waiting. ^^but yeah... we figured after getting the huge discount, PLUS getting tired of moving around and stuff... we just left it (all of "it") alone.

at least everything else was clean! i heard some peeps had bed bugs. O.o i dunno about you, but i'll take the thing under my bed before i get bitten in my sleep. >>

makes me wonder what would have happened if we did say something. dunno if they'd believe us... maybe think we put it there... us crazy con goes.

and let's not forget about getting in trouble for being out of our rooms at midnite! so staffer tried to tell me to go to bed. me=25 at the time. i'm like, excuse me? lol ainslye was there! honestly, i can't believe i said soemthing back to the guy.

him- ::cocky manner::do you have rooms?
me- tch, yeah.
him- then go to them
me- i will in a minute, jesus christ
him- ::about to walk down the stairway:: what was that?!
me- i said 'jesus christ'. whatever.
::Walk away while the guy watches us::

did we go to our rooms? fuck no.
were we playing tag and prob caught? lol most likely. ::snickers:: hey, everyone was up anyhow. it's a hotel con! lmao

::sighs:: good times, good times.

anyone else have some fun stories?

Midknight
05-04-2004, 06:04 PM
We had a problem with the first room that was given to us too, though I don't remember what it was... maybe it smelled like smoke or something. And to get to it you had to go up this flight of stairs (because there was no elevator in that section of the building) that strongly smelled of urine. Luckily we got our room switched to one on the ground level.

Flute, you were there when they came and told us to go to our rooms right? All we were doing was sitting and talking quietly on the furnature in that downstairs lobby area.

I should have said "Yes Mommy." :rolleyes:

UnwantedKikyo
05-04-2004, 08:15 PM
hahah mann I didnt have problems...v.v; cept for someone that roomed with me breaking my ddr pad...that I made them pay for...

streetz8921
05-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Last time me and me and two of my friends were in our room about 40% of the time becasue I like hotel rooms for some reason, probally to get away from my parents. At 4:00 a.m we walked to a dennys, hookers galore.

Darxim
05-09-2004, 03:40 PM
I stayed at the Day's Inn that was across the street, a parking lot, and some strange-smelling brown pond.

UnwantedKikyo
05-10-2004, 03:29 PM
haha that days inn's pond is so disgusting!!! lolz!! ^_^

Fory-san
05-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Yes, I definately will be going on that Saturday and I am very much looking forward to it. ^^v

Tsumanne
05-16-2004, 10:47 AM
I'm just going to have to locate a place to stay when I get there Saturday aroud 9-10 pm. heck I'll settle for a motel 8 on the side of the highway if I have to. Just as long as I'm not living out of my car at a rest stop again (Otakon 03). Maybe I'll pull some recon that wednesday or thursday. I am about an hour away or more so I can do that. I work all day friday and saturday.

makotohanabi
05-20-2004, 05:54 PM
Anyone know of any vegetarian friendly places to eat near the con? I don't know the area that well and I don't think my vegetarain friends want to live on salads and granola bars the entire weekend.

NixKlouD
05-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Well... considering as I'm not vegetarian I don't really know too many places, but I remember Outback Steakhouse has some vegetarian-friendly entrees.
Directions from the con:
Take a right out of the parking lot, then a left on Johnston Willis Dr.
Follow the curve (right) and the road changes to Early Settlers.
Take a left on Robious Road, and follow that through I believe 2 stop lights. Before you get to the major intersection with the train tracks (you'll see what I mean) turn left.
Outback will be in the little area right near Blockbuster, a bank, and Sheetz. ^^

The whole thing's like a 5 minute drive :bigtu:

Umm... I think Subway, El Paso, and Apollos (Italian), all have some vegetarian options, but I'm not sure.
I hope that was of some help! lol
Take Care,
-Nix```

Midknight
05-21-2004, 01:14 AM
Anyone know of any vegetarian friendly places to eat near the con? I don't know the area that well and I don't think my vegetarain friends want to live on salads and granola bars the entire weekend.

Hello fellow vegetarian! ^_^

Yeah, it would be great to find someplace near the con that has veggy food... the salads and granola bars are all too familar... lol

Hmmm... Outback Steakhouse... Not a place that I would guess on having vegetarian food... I'll have to check that out sometime... ^_^

NixKlouD
05-21-2004, 03:22 AM
Hmmm... Outback Steakhouse... Not a place that I would guess on having vegetarian food... I'll have to check that out sometime... ^_^

I know what you mean- especially since "Steak" is in the name, but they're catering an event at my school soon and there was a vegetarian option ^^ Go figure.

If anyone would like directions to the other restaurants as well, just let me know :)
Take Care,
-Nix```

UnwantedKikyo
05-22-2004, 02:42 PM
yea I can help u too jenn. I also live round here ^_^ but I will see u at the con. jenn...alot...lolz ^^; so if u want to kno where something is just ask!! I will tell u!

makotohanabi
05-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Thanks, NixKloud, for the options. Are the Subway and the Italian restaurant within walking distance? Actually, Outback has 1 or 2 vegetarian things on the menu (the ones in Northern VA do). Not surprising since it's a steakhouse after all.

NixKlouD
05-22-2004, 06:39 PM
No problem ^^ Subway is a lot closer than Apollo's, but it all depends on how long your willing to walk, lol. It takes maybe 5-10 minutes on foot to get to Subway from the con.
To subway: Take a left out of the parking lot, then a right on the... bigger road thingie, lol. If you walk up it just a little ways (a minute probably) there'll be a shopping centre/strip mall on the left side with Toys R Us, the Dollar Store/Tree, and Home Depot. turn there ^^ If you keep walking on that little entrance road to the strip mall, there's a building in the middle of the parking lot- one of the little shops in that off-building is Subway :)

Apollos is right off of Midlothian, but would take 30-some-odd minutes to walk to... actually, the food court at the mall has an italian restaurant (as well as various other types of food)... To get to
Chesterfield Towne Centre: turn left out of the con parking lot, then right on the more busy road thing. If you follow that, the mall is the your left- you can't miss it ^^
Happy eating :p
Take Care,
-Nix```

BTW- less than a week til the con!! *does a little dance*

visulstimultion
05-22-2004, 10:10 PM
i can't wait!! yay!!*is getting excited, and still has a CRAP load of things to do*

NixKlouD
05-23-2004, 09:56 PM
eep- I think I left my prop outside, lol... It's almost done with my costume! ^^ See yall in a few days!
Take Care,
-Nix```

dizzylizzy
05-23-2004, 10:21 PM
hooray! costumes are done! art is almost done (look for "stained glass" art and a cute FB umbrella!).

mmm... 3 days of work left. :::grins::

let's all hope i don't act too shy. ^^

Giant Alucard
05-24-2004, 04:28 PM
Ahhh, my CAnti armor ran into a problem in our design, so it will be replaced by a DOMO-KUN costume if we can get the fabric in time, lol. Everything else is DONE.

Reiko
05-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Two more working days for meh!

cant wait till Thursday, then we get to run around in our outfits for a little while

dizzylizzy
05-24-2004, 10:34 PM
same here! 2 more working days! lol too bad today was god aweful. ::cries::

i ironed my kimono for thurs nite reiko. we shall look cute.

i can't wait to meet everyone... or see peeps again. ^^

Reiko
05-24-2004, 10:39 PM
lol yes kimono night!!! ^_^ I Cant wait to wear my chi pao!

Tora
05-25-2004, 07:26 AM
lol yes kimono night!!! ^_^ I Cant wait to wear my chi pao!

I have no Kimono >_< ... But I do have a cool shirt Liz found for me.
So I'll see what I can do... I might just j-rock it out. Either way, after unpacking and ironing, Thursday night's for chillin' and getting the lay of the land before the con starts ~_~

madhatterr104
05-25-2004, 08:41 AM
i have a kimono and i won't be there till friday ;~;
*dances* 3 dayssss...i still have a costume to make too..lol..good thing its not mine >>;
im bringing the sewing machine, so if anyone has cosplay emergencies, you know were to find meh ^_^

Sciguy
05-25-2004, 08:20 PM
Lord Amarant, please forgive my tardiness in responding to you in this thread.

My costume's all made and ready to go. Finding those boots was a pain. Had to go to 4 different stores to find something passable. I still have to iron a bit, but otherwise I'm ready go. Tomorrow is school, Anime club, pack, go to Liz's.

Reiko
05-25-2004, 08:27 PM
I have no Kimono >_< ... But I do have a cool shirt Liz found for me.
So I'll see what I can do... I might just j-rock it out. Either way, after unpacking and ironing, Thursday night's for chillin' and getting the lay of the land before the con starts ~_~

true that >_< lol but sometime thursday we will wear it lol ..ooo sexy J rocker

NekoZidane
05-26-2004, 02:29 PM
Alrighty folks, this is my last post before the trip down to Richmond. I hope to see you all there safe and sound. Here's a few of NekoZidane's Words of Wisdom to keep in mind:

1) If you have to take any highways through MD, watch out for cicadas. They make a gooey mess of your windshield, and can get sucked in to the car through an open window. Just don't freak out if one hits you, especially if you're driving.

2) Cops love to pull you over for speeding if you have out of state tags, especially VA cops.

3) DC drivers suck. Sorry to say it, but they do. I watched 2 cars in 2 minutes drive backwards the wrong way up an on ramp to avoid a minor traffic jam on the way to Katsu. Be careful.

4) Mapquest's directions suck. 'Nuff said.

5) Don't forget your bathing suits!!!

And with that, I leave you. See ya on thursday.

visulstimultion
05-26-2004, 09:31 PM
i've driven into DC more times than i can count last summer... trust me, I KNOW the suckiness of DC drivers >.<, VA drivers don't know what a turn signal is... neither to PA drives (sorry you guys ^-^; ) and NJ drivers have a problem with what we NJ-ers love to call "Aggresive driving" where in what we consider to be normal driving skills required to survive the NJ turnpike, other states would consider aggresive driving. so with that said, watch out for pretty yellow NJ licence plates, we'll run your ass off the road ^-^;

Heather
05-28-2004, 09:19 AM
I don't know if anyone will be around to answer this, since the con starts today (hehe~) ...but I'll ask just in case.

( And it might have been answered somewhere else, but I'm not sure where! ;) )

How big is AMA in comparison to say... Anime USA? A little bigger? Smaller? The same?

Toffeemuffin
06-02-2004, 11:25 PM
So, how did everyone enjoy AMA? Does anyone have pictures to share??

MajinAdam
06-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Here are the pictures our anime club took at AMA and the day before we left. ^_^ We have another camra somewhere that we still need to post up, but we can't find it for the moment.

Our Gallery
http://geocities.com/swvanime/ama4.htm

~ADAM~