PDA

View Full Version : Photo Gallery Suggestion...

allyunion
12-24-2003, 08:17 PM
I know this is asking a bit much... but is there anyway to add a feature to display all thumbnails of a particular user's gallery? Eurobeat King's (Al's) photos number a lot, and it's gets quite annoying when you want to find one picture... but you can only display 20 at a time... flipping pages does start to get bothersome...

Yui
12-28-2003, 10:43 PM
Wouldn't that be a lot of photos to display at once? It might take forever to load. ^_^;
What Al needs is a secretary to label all his photos so we can just search them by character. ^_-

Admin
12-29-2003, 07:13 AM
Yeah, if I added this then it would just kill the server if someone tried to view something like Eurobeat King's gallery. Displaying 10,000 pics on one page would probably kill the person's browser too.

allyunion
12-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Actually, Yuki's idea seems better... I know some of the comments show on searchs (I think), but maybe appoint a few people as people who can ID pictures and fill some of the character info?

Admin
12-29-2003, 07:59 PM
I'd kinda like to keep that in the hands of the person who posts the actual photo. I'm sure there are quite a few people out there who wouldn't appreciate people coming into their galleries and adding keywords to their pictures. I know I wouldn't like it very much.

Al is more than welcome to find people to do it for him if he wants it done though.

allyunion
12-29-2003, 08:07 PM
Ya... but I figure only for certain users, not for everyone... oh, as for Al's Photos... I suppose all the photos is too much, but 24 is the max limit... is it too much to ask for 50 per page or would the site be overloaded from that?

Admin
12-29-2003, 08:24 PM
50 wouldn't overload it but I'm not sure how the script is setup, so I'll have to look into it. I'm sure I can probably hack in more values at least.

BattousaiHimura
12-30-2003, 08:31 AM
Ahm I dunno if it's said somewhere, but when will we be able again to search for pictures by keywords ? I only can search by username but thats annoying...

Himura

Admin
12-30-2003, 11:56 AM
You should be able to search by keywords if you go to the very front:
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php

BattousaiHimura
12-30-2003, 04:24 PM
You should be able to search by keywords if you go to the very front:
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php

Domo arigatou gozaimashita ^^x