PDA

View Full Version : New crossplay photo

Lostboy
12-24-2003, 11:16 PM
I've added a new crossplay photo (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=101240&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1) to my gallery. I would be ever so grateful if any of you added some comments to my photo in the gallery to let me know what's good, what's bad, and generally if you think it's successful crossplay.

I know the make-up is heavy and garish, but that's a feature of the original character. And I also know she originally wore green stripey pajamas, but I wanted to femme it up a little more with the black satin.

So, do you like it? :sunny:

misakichi_ryou
12-24-2003, 11:41 PM
not bad lostboy..your costume is on point. you are definatly a work of art. ^_^

dani
12-25-2003, 02:59 AM
So, do you like it? :sunny:

I do, I do. What comments did you get at the con?

Dani

daguru
12-25-2003, 09:31 PM
wow, that's very very dizney.

yukitoLeonheart
12-26-2003, 07:24 AM
Wow...............nice make-up job. I love your Ranma crossplay!!!!!!! She (you) is too cute, I guess I didn't watch enough to know her, I only know Ukyo.... and she can cook.

Gren
12-26-2003, 12:19 PM
Nice Columbia! Might want to try getting a wig for a more girley cut of hair. Will help distract from the more masculine jawline.

I don't think I've ever seen Columbia done in her jammies.

yukitoLeonheart
12-27-2003, 04:41 AM
Wait, do you have a base picture of columbia?

Lostboy
12-27-2003, 06:22 AM
YukitoLeonheart: Thanks for the compliment on the make-up. I was very happy with it, too. It took me a while to get the eyeshadow and eyebrows right. Columbia wears heavy eye makeup. She uses pinks and yellows, but I opted for blue since I was playing with colors anyway. I thought the blue would better hide my natural eyebrows. I didn't want to actually pluck them to a thin, feminine line, so I used make-up effects to cover them and redraw them. As for your photo request, I don't have any references for the particular costume, since I chose to do a different one from the one she does in the movie. She wore flannel white-and-green striped pj's. But here's (http://www.cfmultimedia.org/cosmosfactory.org/images/stills/10-23-03-famous_nell_columbia_timewarp.jpg) a photo of her, to give you an idea of how her makeup and hair looks. And thanks for your comment on my Tsubasa costume. ^^ I'm always happy to hear someone thinks I'm cute in one of my crossplay costumes.

Dani: At our little mini-con, most of my friends thought my costume looked really comfortable. A few of the guys felt obliged to behave as if I made them uncomfortable at first, to help assert to themselves everyone around them that they weren't having any sexual thoughts about me, I suppose. But after a while, they adjusted. By the next morning, I was walking around casually in the camisole and pajama bottoms, and everyone was just taking in in total stride.

Daguru: What do you mean, Dizney?

Misakichi: Wow. I've never been called a work of art before. ^_^ Thank you!

Gren: I don't like wearing wigs unless I really have to. In this case, Columbia has short hair and so do I, so a wig isn't necessary. And she doesn't have the most feminine face in the world, herself, so I'm not too worried about the jaw or nose.

Thank you all for the comments thus far! ^.^

yukitoLeonheart
12-27-2003, 07:36 AM
OH WOW!!!!!!!!! SEE YOU DID THAT PERFECT!!!!!!!! Oh geez..............that's amazing............. It makes me want to cos.... or cross (not sure which) Eddie Izzard. I LOVE HIM!!!!!

Schu
12-27-2003, 03:27 PM
You're adorably cute.... you might try fake lashes and some of those stick on rhinestones for your face next time, since Columbia's so showy. I've never seen a guy do her, much less look good. ^__^

btw, your Seifer rocks me. I think I took your picture at AWA somethingoranother. :D

Lostboy
12-27-2003, 04:57 PM
You're adorably cute.... you might try fake lashes and some of those stick on rhinestones for your face next time, since Columbia's so showy. I've never seen a guy do her, much less look good. ^__^

btw, your Seifer rocks me. I think I took your picture at AWA somethingoranother. :D

*blushing* Adorably cute? Aww, well so are you! I looked at your gallery, and I love your costumes. You make some really cool choices. Your Nuriko costume is the best I've seen. Great job on the wig.

As for your advice, that's a neat idea. The rhinestones, especially. I may do that next time! I think I'm going to wear it again at Dragoncon this year.

I know that my Seifer costume is probably the one I look most attractive in, which is why I've worn it to more conventions than any other costume I own. :) I love crossplaying, but I also love meeting girls and getting that kind of positive female attention. Seifer gets me more of that than any other costume. Not many girls want to get to know a guy in a skirt. Tsk. :rolleyes:

Decibella
01-14-2004, 12:00 AM
Lostboy - what cons have you been attending!?.....all the ones i have ever been to are jammed with fangirls wanting to meet pretty boys in skool grrrl skirts, or poofy lolita dresses or whatever... tsk tsk indeed. Maybe Tennessee is the problem? lol

Hitori
01-14-2004, 12:22 AM
Oh wow, now that I see that reference pic, you look awesome^_^ I luv the job you did on your makeup, your eyebrows look quite natural.

Lostboy
01-14-2004, 01:06 AM
Lostboy - what cons have you been attending!?.....all the ones i have ever been to are jammed with fangirls wanting to meet pretty boys in skool grrrl skirts, or poofy lolita dresses or whatever... tsk tsk indeed. Maybe Tennessee is the problem? lol
Anime Weekend Atlanta. Yeah, I got like NO attention when I was in my Tsubasa costume. I'm gonna try wearing my Columbia costume to a con next.

Hitori, thanks! ^_^ I'm flattered. I still have to work pretyt hard at my makeup, but it's getting easier as I practice. I wonder if I'll ever be a total expert at it, and just get it all put on in under a minute. (fwipfwipfwipfwipDONE!)

dani
01-14-2004, 02:02 AM
I still have to work prety hard at my makeup, .... I wonder if I'll ever be a total expert at it, and just get it all put on in under a minute. (fwipfwipfwipfwipDONE!)

We are dreaming the same dream, sis.

Dani

Karisu-sama
01-14-2004, 03:50 AM
LOL under a minute? Dream on. You can get it to around 5 min if you aren't doing a full job. (ie: touchup & concealer, eyeliner, contour shadowing, lipstick)

Kuri-chan
01-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Lostboy, I meant to comment earlier, but you look wonderful! Your Columbia makeup really works well. Verrry cute. It must have been lots of fun! ^_^

I wonder if I'll ever be a total expert at it, and just get it all put on in under a minute. (fwipfwipfwipfwipDONE!)
Oh my, wouldn’t that be nice? After working as the head (read: only consistent) horror makeup artist for a haunted house, I can whip you out a zombie in under 10 minuets, give you scare vampires in under 5 a piece (I had about 30 a night!), but the art of cosmetic makeup (making pretty as opposed to making spooky) still eludes me. ^^; You seem to have the tricks down nicely, even if it does take a little extra time.

But isn’t that little extra time worth the effect? ^_^

Maybe you can share some tricks of the trade with me sometime. ^^

-Kuri