PDA

View Full Version : Persona cosplay for Katsucon?

Heather
11-02-2002, 05:46 PM
I know it's not a very popular game but I'd really like to cosplay as characters from Persona~!! I already have an Ellen/Eriko outfit (EP costume) from a couple cons ago, but I REALLY need to tweek it.

So is anyone else interested? :skidude2:

Emeralda
11-02-2002, 10:30 PM
I looove Persona, but unfortunately like you said its not that popular. People know the second one, but very few remember the first. Needless to say when people see my St Hermlin uniform they go 'what are you from?' me: 'Persona' and then come the blank stares.

I have my Mary/Maki costume from Otakon many many moons ago. I want to redo the patch on the sleeve, since it was handsewn on while in the car on the way to Otakon. But let me know, I love being a schoolgirl on crack with multiple personalities. Maybe by then I can also get my ass in gear and make a doll outfit to be Mae! Must... find.. compact too!!

-Laura

Heather
11-02-2002, 10:37 PM
I would love to cosplay as Ellen/Eriko from the first game~!!! If we could get a group together to do the characters from the first game then that would be: :dance:

^__^ I have a friend who might want to be Brad too. Bwahaha~ goggles, red hair and all. XD We have awhile to plan. We should try it!

Emeralda
11-02-2002, 10:43 PM
That would be kick-ass if we could get everyone from the first game! Hmmn.. Maybe I could get my bf to do Nate/Nanjo.. mmm.. but I think he's too lanky for that. My bf, not Nate.

But Brad kicks ass! That's the one thing I don't like about Eternal Punishment, no 'Brad hit on the demon!' in the contact system.

Anyone you think might be interested get them on the bandwagon! more people must know of Persona! Yeah, okay, I'm a freak. Now to get working on my other two costumes for Katsucon. Ugh.

-Laura

Ayaka
11-02-2002, 10:56 PM
I saw some stuff for Persona a few years ago at COSPA's site, and I love the character designs. I just haven't had a chance to play it yet . . . XP But while I may not know the character names, I'll recognize you guys. ^^ (GAH I need to get those games.)

Emeralda
11-02-2002, 11:17 PM
Hehe.. yeah, I went by the COSPA design for making the shoulder badge and the small brass one. ;_; I need to make one that's a bit better.. the gold sparyapaint globbed on mine and it looks kinda craptastic.

Hmmn.. if anyone needs pics though, I can scan in stuff from my Persona artbook.

-Laura

Heather
11-03-2002, 04:23 PM
Mmmmmm persona artbook. *drool* I wish I had that~ where'd you get your copy?

Emeralda
11-04-2002, 05:27 PM
Oi.. I honestly don't remember. I got it last summer at AnimeFest. Saw it at one table, but they didn't take Credit card, so when I came back later with cash it was gone. BUT.. thankfully I found it at another table. I dont remember the actual table that had it. Maybe Anime Asyulum? But Planet Anime was the one that had it, sold it, then got it again. I've seen it on their table at cons since then.

Heather
11-05-2002, 02:47 PM
I'll have to check at Katsucon~! ^_^

Where'd you get your patch? I really want to cosplay the first game--- I'd have to make a uniform though. XD

Emeralda
11-05-2002, 10:47 PM
Made my patch. It wound up being applique that I had hand painted, and then embrodiered onto the sleeve of the shirt. Wound up making the school pin out of sculpty, which I should honestly remake, since it didn't come out as well as I'd hoped. Maybe I'll use paperclay so it won't be so damned heavy.

Daitenshi
11-10-2002, 12:27 AM
I might be bringing Gabriel from Persona 2. I was supposed to be part of the group at Akon this year, but ran out of time @_@

Emeralda
11-10-2002, 12:42 AM
I'm sorry I missed that group. Found out about it last year at Fanime. But.. uhh.. well, I'm not exactly allowed in the state of Texas anymore, so Akon's a bust for me anymore.

But seriously, what day/time is good for everyone? ANd we might as well make this a Persona and Persona:Eternal Punishment/Innocent Sin gathering. Since I think there are more people from the second two games.. actually, there are.. since its just lil old me from the first so far.
(since my friend never wore the Ellen uniform that I made for her)

-Laura

Heather
11-12-2002, 07:57 AM
You made an Ellen uniform?? Ooooo~!! Can you take a picture of it or something? I'd love to see it!

Emeralda
11-12-2002, 08:38 PM
I don't have it anymore, gave it to the girl it was made for last summer. I have pics of my Mary costume though.

<a href="http://www.acparadise.com/cosplayers/emmychan/mary-1.jpg"> Here!</a>

There was one that Kevin Lillard took at AnimeNext, that somehow never made it to the site. *sniffs* It was a good picture too.. maybe that's why it didn't make the cut.

Like I said, there are things that still need to be redone. Belt and tie mainly.. and I have to find a decent compact.