PDA

View Full Version : Masquerade Addiction

Scortia
12-25-2003, 11:57 PM
I was just curious how many people are as obsessed with creating skits as I am.. I'm part of a group and we spend sooo much time practicing and thinking out skits for many cons each year.. it's like obsessively fun... Just wondering how many people get such a great high from cos-acting for an audience. ;p

Akiko Ki
12-26-2003, 02:25 PM
Well this will be my first year doing it at a con I love to write skits for just any thing really. My group is all ready for it lol I am excited to. I love performing infront of people. Its fun even though I have not done a Mascrade before I have done plenty of stuff on stages adn infront of lots of people. ^_^ Can't wait till Otakon 2004

Suzushichan
12-26-2003, 11:49 PM
I'm head of the cosplay group 'fortune cat and drunken bunny cosplay'.
I love it all! XD The performing, the audience, the photoshoots, the groupies...wait, oops... ^_^' heh.heh. well, yeah, the list goes on and on and on and on...

HEDGESMFG
12-27-2003, 12:07 AM
I'd say I'm hooked to the experience...I've been in 3 Masqs (One of them I kinda like to ignore since it was in the ever so messed up Kazecon...but at least I got to do a crappy last minute stage fight ;P) in 03, and have some plans for at least 2-3 more in 2004. I guess I just enjoy entertaining others and being weird on stage...and people have liked what I've done so far.

I wish I was part of a skit group though. Are there any ones in the Chicago area that have use for this nutcase? :/ (If you've been to ACEN03, think of "That freaky Blue haired insane guy")

BloodDragonW
12-29-2003, 01:13 AM
Of corse I am! This is my thrid year and i CRAVE making skits... when I have a good idea of corse! Its fun to just sit around and think of ways you can make people laugh ::Giggles::

mirai_blues22
12-29-2003, 04:46 PM
I'm one of those obsessed skit-girls... (or at least, that's what AF--my cosplay group--calls me...) I remember one time while doing the dishes, I was singing a few lines from 'Into the Woods' (the last musical I was in). The next thing I knew, I was running through the house trying to figure out how to fit one song into a Fruits Basket skit. :eeek: Don't ask.

Anyway, uh.. Yeah! I'm obsessed. I love my skits and I love having the group just sit down one day out of the weekend and WRITE! :heart: I have a whole folder of written and typed skits (plus those we've all ready used) and we're still writing more!! ^_^;;

Eccoglyph
01-07-2004, 01:24 PM
<g> And you spend so long planning and practicing a skit, that after the Masq, whether you won or not, you actually feel sad. My group spends the car-ride back from each con brainstorming for the next skit (11 hour car-ride from Katsucon in the snowstorm spawned our Otakon skit, and that went over well.)

mirai_blues22
01-07-2004, 06:15 PM
:love: There is someone else who does that?! Oh, yeah! Our group spent the 4 1/2 hour car ride coming back from Nekocon planning our next skit too!

ayn*chan
01-07-2004, 07:33 PM
I think obsessing over skits raises you into the "Overly Obsessed Fan" catagory. But that's ok. ^_^

I like bouncing ideas back and forth for skits, that's the best part for me and it's great because what *I* think might be funny or a great idea might not be funny to someone else so it just makes the piece that much better. *grin* It's so rad coming up with something uber comedic and having Gret say "OMG! THAT'S HYSTERICAL!!!" *beam* I've had this thing for skit writing (as opposed to regular story writing) since 8th grade (I'm 21 now), I used to get away with writing fiction in script form and piss off my peers. ~_~;;;

Sometimes I'll be doing something weird, like showering, and think of an idea for a skit. Does that sound kinda like an obsession? o.o

ayn*chan
01-07-2004, 07:35 PM
:love: There is someone else who does that?! Oh, yeah! Our group spent the 4 1/2 hour car ride coming back from Nekocon planning our next skit too!

Hahaha, Gret and I will start bouncing an idea for a skit around MONTHS before the con. We wrote our Numa entry, like, five months ahead of time. We had most of our A-kon entry (for 2004) finished back in November or so, and THAT con isn't until June. And most of what we talk about online is skit related. ;P

Eccoglyph
01-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Is planning a skit months in advance considered odd? I figured it was pretty common. Especially if people have the problem my group has - lots of college students. You only have the summer to practice for complex skits, so big ideas are left for cons like Otakon, even if its more than a year away.

And I don't know if this makes us overly obsessed fans... for my group, a skit meeting is a social activity - something to do other than minigolf or bowling (though we consider those occasional outings to be brainstorming seminars for the skit.) <g> Shoot - there are people in my group who have never even seen the animes we parody!

mirai_blues22
01-09-2004, 03:55 PM
I completely agree with any group who spends time planning ahead because they have /no/ time later! Our group may be two middle schoolers, six high schoolers, and two college students, but even /we/ have a hard time getting together and finding time to sooth our little /addiction/! Between everyones activities, making props and armor, trying to fit and make costumes, and getting the skit ready, we've got little time for anything else. (Funny, we're making time for school instead of making time for cosplay... Weird.)

But it's life. And if life means that I'm hoplessly addicted to planning and writing skits, then so be it. Next stop: Skit Writing Addicts Anonymous.

Icequeenkitty
01-27-2004, 06:58 PM
I love writing skits! My main problem is nailing down one specific skit. My group rocks though (Good o' Panda-Chimp), they don't pressure me. Basically I get an idea and say in January "This is what I want to do pick a character, or I will pick one for you!"...then of course I change my mind and they all want to hurt me ^^;. Being poor and in college I can only afford to go to one con a year (Otakon) and that really makes me narrow down my ideas. It's so sad when I have to edit the jebus out of my skits to make them short enough! I wish that Panda-chimp could have performed "The Perscription of Escaflownase" as I had originally written it, it was 100 times better and poor Ambrosia actually had more than three lines ^^;;.

Ambrosia
01-28-2004, 05:55 PM
I love writing skits! My main problem is nailing down one specific skit. My group rocks though (Good o' Panda-Chimp), they don't pressure me. Basically I get an idea and say in January "This is what I want to do pick a character, or I will pick one for you!"...then of course I change my mind and they all want to hurt me ^^;. Being poor and in college I can only afford to go to one con a year (Otakon) and that really makes me narrow down my ideas. It's so sad when I have to edit the jebus out of my skits to make them short enough! I wish that Panda-chimp could have performed "The Perscription of Escaflownase" as I had originally written it, it was 100 times better and poor Ambrosia actually had more than three lines ^^;;.
Yes, Kitty, I totally agree with you on being a pennyless college student... and I had no problem at all with just saying three lines... my biggest problem onstage was trying to keep a straight face while all you guys said your jokes! And keeping still... >.<