PDA

View Full Version : Masquerade 411

Visual_Kyoist
12-26-2003, 01:36 AM
Hi, I'm still sorta new to the whole masquerade thing... What is it exactly? I only know it's a skit-type thing and you can win prizes... (I seem pretty lame to only know that much...) I would appreciate it if someone gave me the 411 on masquerdes and what type of things you do. :thumbsup:

Eccoglyph
01-07-2004, 01:31 PM
They vary a lot from con to con, but its basically a costume contest, where the costume is best shown off through a short presentation, i.e. a skit. Its a huge con event - very popular - as the skits can be extremely entertaining. You planning a skit?

Miaka No Baka
01-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Not all masquerades require you to do a skit. If you have a good sewing ability you can enter some for craftsmanship where the judges look at your costume and see how well it was sewn and if you did a good job on it to look like the original work.

If you've never seen one or the like I suggest you watch one first to see how they go cause each one is run differently. Also be familiar with the rules for the con because each con has a different time limit for the skit to be.

Miaka no Baka

Eccoglyph
01-09-2004, 02:26 PM
If you plan to have your costume judged purely on craftsmanship, and it doesn't need to be shown-off through any kind of stage-performance, then joining the hall costume contest should be considered. But I'm sure there are plenty of cons that consolidate the two categories.