PDA

View Full Version : Panel Discussions at Katsucon

yukitoLeonheart
12-27-2003, 03:52 AM
It looks like I might have to go to Katsucon now...........

I got an email and apparantley, I might be doing a panel discussion

"Hello!

I apologize for the delay in response. Kevin Bolk, the head of the
Programming Department, should be getting in touch with you within a few
days.

Thank you very much for your patience, and your interest in running a
panel at Katsucon!

Sincerely,

Richard Kim
Vice Con Chair, Events"

My panels are fairly interesting............one I have done much work on and the other one is more a discussion and people sharing their experiences after I give a speech.

The two panels are

Anime and its Use as an Education Tool: In this panel, I discuss how anime
has as much value and place in the classroom as say many forms of art and
mediums such as classic literature and contemporary film. I discuss how people can use it to not only create an interesting and fun lesson, but also one which can create an amazing class discussion and also is very informative.

Homosexual in the Otaku/ Cosplay Community: In this one I discuss how the Otaku community is a place in which acceptance is preached, diversity is celebrated, and individuality is empowered. I then discuss these reasons and why the community has such a large majority of people of different sexual orientations and others who are open and accepting to them to them. I also talk about how conventions play a role in this. This one is ran more like
this: a brief 10 minute introduction and then a large discussion.

Sorahana
12-27-2003, 08:01 AM
Matt that is so cool!!!!!! I'm definetly making sure I go to the "Anime in the classroom" one! That is too cool Matt and I know you'll do a great job ^____^.

yukitoLeonheart
12-27-2003, 08:38 AM
Yea......... that is the one even I give myself credit for........ I worked ridiculously hard to do that......... that was in the class that a teacher who was teaching for 30 years said I was the best student she ever had.

I would love to have a Japanese film and media class, but realistically there is slim to none that would ever happen.

Sorahana
12-27-2003, 08:51 AM
Hey Mat. Work towards your dreams!!!! You can be the teacher that makes anime known to the next generation!! I'm rooting for ya ^____^.