PDA

View Full Version : Bearded cosplayers?!

nyxed
12-27-2003, 02:15 PM
I'm trying to get my boyfriend to cosplay for Anime Boston but he refuses to shave because he thinks it makes him look stupid (...with good reason ^_^;;) but nobody can come up with a character that has facial hair, and he wants to be *accurate* ><;; Can anyone else think of a bearded anime/game character? Or do you think I should just convince him to cosplay as something different a bit inaccurately? What do other guys do? =/

Thanks!

KuroBara
12-27-2003, 02:28 PM
The only one I can think of is Jet from Cowboy Bebop, and that guy from Lupin III (yeah, so helpful >_<). Anyways, how accurate he wants to be is up to him. I'd rather cosplay my favorite characters than characters I look like but dislike.

JoeBoeing
12-27-2003, 02:28 PM
there is a guy with a full beard and mustache in Laputa/ Castle in the Sky (One of Dola's sons)

I seem to remember a guy with facial hair in Plastic Little but I could be remebering a differant show.

There a few in Record of Lodoss War (Ghim the Dwarf, King Kashu and I think the king Parn's dad served under as well).

This is tough. If I think of more I'll post them.

From,
Joe

EDIT: Chang from KOF has a full beard and mustache as well but is he would need a bald cap.

nyxed
12-29-2003, 09:01 AM
Thanks guys ^_^ I got another idea, too... What about people with masks? Heeehehe... ^_^;; That sounds evil of me, but... We could just cover him all up ;D

Hikaruchan
12-29-2003, 10:25 AM
People w mask - Larva from Vampire Princess Miyu has facemask

Lilli
12-30-2003, 10:38 AM
How beardly is his beard? Is it a trash 'stache? Or are you talking full blown Wild Man of Borneo beard?

Gendo Ikari from Evangelion has a beard.

Freakin guys and their beards... I'm always and forever chasing after mine, telling him to shave. But his beard isn't nice and thick. He can grow a decent goatee, (Thank God he dosn't, or I promise you I'd shave him as he slept.) but the rest of his beard comes in sorta patchy, and just yeah... Guys freak when we girls don't shave our legs nice and smooth, is it so unreasonable to ask a guy to NOT look unkempt?

PepeluTivursky
08-14-2004, 09:49 PM
I can concur with the patchy thing, Lilli. My boyfriend can grow a very nice goatee ... and quite a nice beard. But he gets this little 'ratfink' mustache (y'know ... the kind that look thin and greasy). Plus he grows a goatee but refuses to shave till he has quite a noticeable short coat of hair matching his impossibly bushy goatee.

At any rate, one individual with a nice beard is King Hell Bass, from Violinist of Hamelin. Military outfit and all! People might not recognize him but hey, it's a costume ;)
I'd also recommend the Ox King from Dragonball Z.

allthatsgeek
03-26-2007, 03:28 PM
there is also Asuma from naruto. General Yamato from bleach has a HUGE beard.

I would also like to add, shaving my beard for Otakon is probably the most depressing time of my life. I sculpt trim and cultivate my beautiful, rugged beard, and I have to shave it. >.<

phantomthief
03-26-2007, 03:30 PM
The Count from Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo has a beard ^_^

~Ari-chan

penny_dreadful
03-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Doesn't Rude from FF7 have a goatee sort of thing? But remember that cosplaying isn't restricted to anime/video games, so if there's a recognizable character with facial hair he likes from some other media, he could always cosplay that.

--Penny

Sin Satarume
03-26-2007, 04:03 PM
A picture would help a lot, but off hand I can only think of is the guy from Resident Evil, Berry I think his name was.... and that one guy from Ghost In The Shell: SAC. Why does he HAVE to have a bearded character?

EXsoldierSNAKE
03-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Barry is good, or go as Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3

thedueldude
01-24-2009, 12:59 AM
i feel for the guy. i have a beard too. try either jack sparrow (potc) or coop (megas xlr). i go as either one.

alex182
01-24-2009, 02:11 AM
Does anyone know of any anime/manga that has vikings? I know there was a game once, and there have been movies, but I an't think of any anime with them.

I'd love to find something that I could pull off with my beard too, I just look silly without a goatee at lease.

Lady Sunagi
05-27-2009, 09:51 AM
why not cosplay Billy Mays the Oxy Clean guy.

Nekko
05-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Everyone loves Cid from Final Fantasy.

thetollofdeath
05-28-2009, 12:43 AM
I personally don't know beards but... facial hair? ... The only person I can recall is Sven from Black Cat. ... But that's not much of a beard, is it...?

Uh... If he grows a really wild beard her can always be Fidel Castro... (That's who we always say my uncle looks like...)

Men and their beards... *sigh* Why do anime characters go beardless?

ShinobiXikyu
05-28-2009, 09:50 PM
why not cosplay Billy Mays the Oxy Clean guy.

I will bow and then LOL myself to death if I see someone do that.... DO EET! (sorry I don't have anythign useful, but all the characters I thought of already got said. OH, one didn't; if he's got light enough hair, Luxord from Kingdom Hearts II.)

DireKitty
05-28-2009, 10:06 PM
I will bow and then LOL myself to death if I see someone do that.... DO EET! (sorry I don't have anythign useful, but all the characters I thought of already got said. OH, one didn't; if he's got light enough hair, Luxord from Kingdom Hearts II.)

I would FLIP if i saw someone dressed up as the Oxy Clean guy... in character.

blackcat523
05-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Depending on how big or small he is:

Maes Hughes, Sig curtis, and even Holenhiem from Full metal alchemist, they all have beards of some sort.

Tsukune
06-08-2009, 07:53 PM
MASTER ROSHI (lmao) from Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z. xD its the only one I can think of sorry but I always crack up laughing when I see ppl causing playing him, since he's an old man and a (perveted) hermit at that. xD

EgnirysFaye
06-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Characters with beards:

Pai Mei - Kill Bill
Edward Elric (As a Middle Aged Man) - Fullmetal Alchemist
Dumbledore - Harry Potter
Edward Elric's Father - Fullmetal Alchemist
Leonidas - 300
Master Roshi - Dragon Ball
Jikaku - Saiyuki Reload Burial

Characters with general light or heavy facial hair:

John Connor - Terminator: Salvation
Jayne - Firefly
Hughes - Fullmetal Alchemist
Mugen - Samurai Champloo
Maximus - Gladiator

I hope that helps a little bit ><! they were from the top off my head, so I am sure I missed alot.

meowl
06-09-2009, 01:30 AM
I've wanted to do Hoenheim Elric for a while now. Two more bearded characters I am working on are Emperor Charles from Code Geass and Prof Henry Jones Sr from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Even though Charles and Hoenheim do not have mustaches, I am not shaving mine. I've had it since President Nixon's first term (1972). Cosplay is not that important.

SolarSanta
02-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Some guys are proud of their beards. Like I am proud of mine since it is a full beard. Not a patchy grainy beard. I am also looking at different anime characters with beards. Here is one link I have found http://www.anime-planet.com/characters/tags/breathtaking-beards