PDA

View Full Version : Mail Jeevas wig/jeans?

Yet Another
01-01-2012, 07:37 PM
So I have a mostly complete Matt cosplay, but the only problem I'm having right now is figuring out his jeans and wig. I heard the Magnum wig from Arda was good, but when I looked it seemed very far from what I'm looking for. And the color (A dark copper red) doesn't come in a boyish style.

And then the jeans. I did find a tutorial, but it's far from my sewing skills. I have yellow-khaki jeans with heavy distressing and patches right now, but that'll change if I do manage accurate jeans.

Synn
01-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Hm... So far as wigs go, you might have to end up styling a longer wig that's the right color. I read about people using the Scruffy wig from Cosworx, but after the merge with the main site, the preview photo changed so I don't know if it's still the same style.

The jeans, however...

I assume the tutorial you found was this one (http://tofualchemist.deviantart.com/art/MATTEHPANTSPLZ-A-Tutorial-87817892) from deviantART? That's the only one I really know of, haha. But yeah. All it really calls for is one to be able to sew in a straight line for each "ring."

On that note, if anyone suggests you just draw them on with a Sharpie... don't. Really.

I suggest you don't use the khakis. If anything, just use plain jeans. At least they'll stick to the color scheme at a distance.

... Yeah, I'm not really much help, am I? -shot-

CorporatePuppet
04-02-2012, 09:37 PM
well, with the jeans, i cut and re sewed each on by hand which was a pain. maybe you can iron creased into them, but i dought that it'll work on you khaki jeans, phrehaps somethng else?

BruisedBlood
04-04-2012, 06:42 AM
i agree with synn just use plain jeans most matt cosplays i see who dont sew used reqular demin blue jeans