PDA

View Full Version : Banana?

aeva
11-03-2002, 10:00 AM
Um, how would one go about making a GIANT BANANA costume? About how much fabric do you think would be neccessary for a girl who's rather thin and 5'8"? Also, how would you make the banana so... erm... perky? I wouldn't want a saggy banana costume. @.@

Here's a picture: http://umifuu.deep-ice.com/series/gravi/3/gravitation0076.jpg

Yeah, its hard to write a thread about thsi without sounding dirty. ^^;;;;;

Dark Vision
11-03-2002, 03:02 PM
Best thing I can think of is buy a pattern.

ReiChan
11-03-2002, 03:07 PM
Maybe you could look into making it out of foam instead of a fabric. I don't really have any experience making this kind of costume, but just from watching commercials with costumes like that, a lot of them look like they're made of foam. Which makes sense, because it doesn't wrinkle easily, is a bit stiffer than fabric, and very light.

Ayaka
11-03-2002, 03:35 PM
Yeah, personally, I'd do it in upholstery foam, real thick stuff so it doesn't sag, holes cut in for your arms and head. Glue some fabric over top so that it looks . . . well, like a banana. Probably spandex. Same way the mecha cosplayers usually do things. There's some kind of special foam glue that they use, sorry, can't remember what it's called.

Dark Vision
11-04-2002, 03:47 AM
Foam yes foam...hehehe. Well theres different foams you can use. Upholstery foam is nice but hard to shape unless you the skin (sorry for the pun) already made. You can try scuplty foam but thats expensive and kinda overkill but easy to shape. Scuplty foam = lord of the rings giant statues.