PDA

View Full Version : Robot

Jackofalltrades
01-03-2012, 02:59 PM
I came up with the idea to make a steampunk robot, but I am wondering what is the best material to use to #1 be authentic and #2 comfortable? I was thinking making armor out of plastic and painting it and adding gears here and there, but I figured maybe others would have better ideas. I want to go for a full machine look without going the cheap cardboard way.
My biggest challenge with this is my size. I'm 4'9 and I weigh well under 100 lbs so I worry about something being too heavy to move in...

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Skeff
01-03-2012, 04:09 PM
With you being as short as you are, I would suggest possibly something with treads and/or wheels, that you can push around while standing inside of.

Rather than carrying all the weight on you specifically. a tiny robot rolling around would be pretty awesome I think :). Doing it like that will also allow you to use heavier materials instead of painted plastic and whatnot.

Ororo Monroe
01-14-2012, 03:06 PM
The first think that can to mind was this.http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20050928 The second thought was a steampunk darlek.