PDA

View Full Version : PA ski/snowboard trip

ProctorSilex
12-29-2003, 12:41 AM
EDIT:
the new date is Sunday February 1st for the trip. the location is Camelback. the price for snowboard and ticket is $49.

going for the night option. we'll try to get there just before 4:00 to get in our time before it gets late. i'd like to stay as late as possible, but as long we stay until 8:00 i'll be happy.

as for getting there, i'm coming from lancaster county. i'll be heading down towards baltimore to get somebody. i may be able to pick someone up along the way, but it needs to be right on the way as i will be doing mucho driving that day. in PA, i'll be on 476. if you need a ride, try posting in this thread and we'll see what can be done.

if you're going and not coming with me, then we'll have to set a meeting time and place. perhaps 4:00 at the rental area?

old information follows for possible future reference...

below is some info on some places in the same area. they are all about the same distance north of allentown. they all have similar prices too. camelback is the cheapest, but the others are not far behind.

if there is something cheaper and of similar quality, please mention it.

http://skicamelback.com/
unless people want to get up early and get there by 12:30, our best (read cheapest) bet is the evening ticket for $28 (4:00-10:00). snowboard rental is $21 for night.
located north of allentown in the mount pocono area.

http://www.big2resorts.com/
$45 and $25 for full and night lift passes respectively.
$30 for rental.
both jack frost and big boulder are some distance north of allentown just as blue and bear.

http://www.skibluemt.com/
$44 for day. $38 for afternoon. $44 twilight (12:30-10:00). $28 for evening.
snowboard rental is $30 for day and twilight. $23 for night.
blue is 17 miles north of allentown.

http://www.skibearcreek.com/
$36 for 4 hours. $41 for 8 hours. $25 for evening.
snowboard rental is $30.
12 miles from allentown.

Akiko Ki
12-29-2003, 01:57 AM
hey all, gonna snowboard on january 17, 2004. skiers welcome too (i'd ski, but i don't know anyone that does). got one board member probably coming. anyone else? contact me or post in this thread if interested.

oh yeah, gonna be going to camelback in the PA poconos.

Dang I know where that is humm its an hour from my house. I was just there to. I am a skiier I will see if I can get out there agian that weekend mabe I will let ya know

Oshi
12-29-2003, 01:47 PM
I need to learn how to snowboard better first... X3

MonoyashaJLA
01-05-2004, 09:52 PM
I'm will join you ^-^ I'm going to try snowboarding again after six years now......how much will it cost at this ski resort, and where should we all meet up.....sorry I just like to know all the facts first before I really plan a trip.. ;) Please come with us Oshi!!!

ProctorSilex
01-05-2004, 10:52 PM
made some updates in the first post. i live in lancaster, PA which is not too far from delaware. i am willing to drive people who are relatively along the way.

Oshi
01-11-2004, 12:22 AM
Hmm... Money is an issue... but I'd like to come...
Anyone got an extra snowboard I could borrow to save that expense? >.>;

ProctorSilex
01-11-2004, 01:17 AM
dunno about snowboards. i don't even have one meself :(

as for money, we can find a cheaper place. there's a place in york county that i went to once. perhaps it was bear something er other. there's also blue, doe, and jack frost up allentown way, i believe. i can look into it sometime soon, but feel free to post suggestions. camelback seemed like a good idea because it's nice and i doubt that i'll get out more than once this year, if even that :( as long as i get to go once, i'll be happy.

as for the 17th, well, i think that's a no go, unless you want to go with me and me alone, oshi. i wouldn't object to that, but i was hoping for more people.

one way or the other, i'd like to try scheduling for some time in february. perhaps we can find a cheaper place and more people can go.

Oshi
01-11-2004, 02:29 PM
I'll see if I can get more people (huzzah for massive LJ friends list)... since it's this weekend, might not be effective though
And Jack Frost/Big Boulder I think might be better... I've heard really good things about it, heh. Could check price comparisons... *shrug*

Akiko Ki
01-11-2004, 02:45 PM
JackFrost is a good place I have been there plenty of time before. Its closer to lol to me at least

MonoyashaJLA
01-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Well, I really want to go snowboarding with everyone...so could you please PM me on any changes :)

Akiko Ki
01-13-2004, 08:44 PM
ok I saw the changes I have been to Beer creek mutiplue times. They have good runs adn alot of them from beginner to experiert and if ya a good snow boarder they got the biggest half pike and a corse to. by the way it is now called Bear Creek was once doe mountian. Let me know whats going on cause we are getting closer to my house with every one Blue is like a 5 min drive fomr here lol and doe is like 20

ProctorSilex
01-14-2004, 08:58 PM
i was talking with someone else about possible dates. we came up with saturday January 31st.
how does that sound?

Akiko Ki
01-14-2004, 09:06 PM
to me that sounds fine I am open any weekend really

ProctorSilex
01-15-2004, 09:36 PM
hrm... got a request for Sunday February 1st. 1/31 is not out of the question, but 2/1 should be better. i'll ask around in some more places.

ProctorSilex
01-22-2004, 11:59 PM
finalized the date and such. info is in the first post. hope to see you there.

Akiko Ki
02-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Hey I am just wondering how it went for you guys that went I went to Bear creek that day with my family tubeing never agian will I tube lol nothing like spraning your ankle

ProctorSilex
02-02-2004, 10:36 PM
doh! i didn't know that snow tubing was so rough :D hope your ankle gets better soon, akiko ki.

it went well i guess. everyone said that they had fun ;)

hope to do it again, but it probably won't be until next year.

if anyone has an idea for something to do next, please post. maybe we can try to get together within a couple of months. i really wanna go camping this summer...

Sorahana
02-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Are we having another cosplay picnic? The one in October was fun lol ^^. And I'm glad you had fun on your ski trip ^_^.

ProctorSilex
02-04-2004, 09:41 PM
ccamanda, last i heard a picnic had been intended for the spring. i dunno though. if someone is organizing it, they'll probably post a new thread in the coming months.

btw, i'm thinking about a camping trip in june. i'll start a thread in a couple months when i have more info.