PDA

View Full Version : Sewing dealer

KimikoChan
12-29-2003, 03:09 AM
I'm curious. How many of you would be interested if there was a sewing company dealer at Fanime? Would any of you even consider buying a machine there? And if so how much would you be willing to pay? One of the co-directors is wondering if it's worth getting a sewing dealer to come to Fanime, so I'd appreciate your response.

Thanks!

positivespace
12-29-2003, 04:45 AM
Sounds like a cool idea, but I don't know if they'd be able to make any sales at the con. If anything, it'd be a great way to promote their line of products with a lot of hands-on demo's that people might not experience anywhere else.

Miaka No Baka
12-30-2003, 09:55 AM
I dunno, most people who sew already own a machine and are usually happy with it. It might not be wise as to I don't know how many people would buy a machine, at a convention none of the less. If I'm at a con I'd rather buy anime stuffs versus a sewing machine ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

Koumori
12-30-2003, 10:26 AM
I don't think most people go to a con with the mindset of buying a sewing machine.

cube
12-30-2003, 04:52 PM
I don't think most people go to a con with the mindset of buying a sewing machine.
woah. and I thought just trying to squeeze in the DVD's I buy at cons into what little space I have in my luggage was difficult.

KimikoChan
12-30-2003, 05:42 PM
haha yeah, well he wanted me to ask, so I did :) Thanks for your opinion everyone. I'll be sure to pass the info to him.

I personally would not purchase a sewing machine at a con.. But I agree about it's promotional value. Maybe they can provide tips and such.

Mink
01-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Or sell other stuff....like singer owns a line of all kinds of sewing related stuff...maybe sell stuff related to cosplay? I dunno...

jeans
04-13-2004, 06:14 PM
It's too heavy to buy at the con and carry around all day, but I think people wouldn't mind hand-outs and demos.

felicity869
04-13-2004, 07:08 PM
It's a great idea but I don't think it would do well. Anything I buy at the dealers room I have to carry around with me all day. I'm surely not going ot lug a sewing machine around with me until midnight :)