PDA

View Full Version : Sub-Boards for Babble Board

allyunion
12-29-2003, 07:57 PM
The Babble Board itself seems a bit crowded...

I have a suggestion... although, I do apologize if this might be too much work...

Can we move all the "game type of threads" to a sub-board of the Babble Board? (All of the person above you, person below you, and any other type of Babble Board Game...)

Then all the "Morning Shift" and "Night Shift" and "Lounge" topics to a "Chat Lounge" sub-board.

Oh, and maybe a sub-board for image posting / linking.

Admin
12-29-2003, 08:00 PM
I'll look it over tonight and ask the mods what they think as well.

j-chan
12-29-2003, 08:17 PM
It might be handy to have a Theatre and Film sub-board as well. Many posts in General Chat were along the lines of, "Have you seen __ movie? It's really good and this is why!" I enjoy those threads, but they take up a bit of space (re: LOTR). It might clear up (even more) room on the Babble Board and prevent other movie threads from invading General Chat. :9

KaineMaxwell
12-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Sounds like a plan.

DigitalCactus
12-30-2003, 03:32 AM
interesting. I like it.

allyunion
01-01-2004, 03:19 AM
We might as well throw in Restraunts and Food places to go... ^^;; (Although, I've yet to see it on the board)

JoeBoeing
01-01-2004, 12:38 PM
I'd like to see a literature board for discussing books, poems and plays and the like.

Sorry, if this would be too much trouble... but I love the idea of having a forum dedicated to books and poetry since I'm an avid reader and sometimes poet.

From,
Joe

Schu
01-01-2004, 02:52 PM
I definatley like the idea of the seperate subcategories for the Babble Board, but I think it should be more like "Really Stupid Stuff" "Pretty Stupid" and "Somewhat of a Point." Or something to that effect.

Susumari
01-01-2004, 03:17 PM
..hmm..let's not over do it with alot of sub-boards. but i do like the idea.

Admin
01-01-2004, 05:49 PM
I haven't discussed this with the mods yet, but the problem does come from having too many boards to post the same topic in. It'd be more about siphoning off a large chunk of relavent topics into their own board than anything else.

Miaka No Baka
01-01-2004, 11:19 PM
i have an idea not for the babble board, but costume wise, EGL costumes, half of people post in jrock/jpop and half post in other costumes, could there be either a main category or a sub category for that? It'd make it easier to find info regarding those costumes if there was a specific place to post for egl costumes.

Miaka no Baka

Serria
01-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Concerning sub-boards...

In the Game Costume board, Final Fantasy has it's own sub-board. Is there any way you could do one for other popular games, like Zelda? (That thread is over 2000 replies...) I think the sub-board idea would be very helpful for the "normal" type boards as well as the Babble board.

And yeah... in the babble board, all the game threads are replied to alot, and things such as movie threads and stuff are only replied to when people actually have something intelligent to say (usually, at least. :D). So if there is any way that could work, I support the idea.

Zephyrs
01-04-2004, 04:41 PM
Yeah, since general chat is now just cosplay/community related, I agree that splitting the babble board into a games/pure randomness board and general topics with a visable sense of order and meaning amongs posts would be nice (it's hard to dig through all the game and random threads to get to something about a movie or something else slightly less random!)

allyunion
01-05-2004, 01:30 AM
It's like sorting a needle from a haystack... a diversity in the board topics would help looking for a specific topic a lot better. (Although, I don't know how much support anyone would want for a Politics board)

Kia
01-05-2004, 02:26 PM
I definatley like the idea of the seperate subcategories for the Babble Board, but I think it should be more like "Really Stupid Stuff" "Pretty Stupid" and "Somewhat of a Point." Or something to that effect.

I second that motion. ^_^ People want sub boareds within places like the Babble Board, but I'm afraid that if those sub boards are too specific (like one for just movies and one for just food, and a seperate sub board for each different game title) the requests for more specific sub boards will just never stop. Admin does everyone here a giant favour by doing as much as he can for all of us, lets just return the favour and not ask him to stop sleeping for the next 6 days just so he can make a sub board for everything under the sun.

A little more specific would be great, but somewhere the line has to be drawn.

RoseDuelist
01-05-2004, 05:00 PM
I can understand the movie board thing now though because if you think about it a lot of people cosplay characters from movies. I use to think this was an anime cosplay site, but it's now clear there is a really large area that we all cosplay from. That'd be cool the see...

But... more boards means either more mods or the current ones would have to work over time. ^^; Ouch... that's a lot of work. But hey, that's what makes this site so great.