PDA

View Full Version : CCS costumes 'n' stuff...

Sakura_blossom
06-03-2002, 07:59 PM
A few questions I would LOVE to have answered!! ^__^

1. Um, are seguins a BIG no no?? What if its for stage purposes???

2. What about adding little things like lace or whatever to a costume. ((Sera Myu costumes are different, but similar to the show. is that ok or dumb???))

3. would a guy playing a little girl be at all odd???

4. Is "Catch you Catch me" as annoying to you guys as it is to some people???

5. any suggestions on how to make fairy wings??? NICE wings?? I dont care how expensive or inexpensive or hard or easy. I NEED WINGS!!! :thumbsup:

~*~MEI~*~ tankies. ^_~

Legato/Machan
06-03-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Sakura_blossom

2. What about adding little things like lace or whatever to a costume. ((Sera Myu costumes are different, but similar to the show. is that ok or dumb???))

5. any suggestions on how to make fairy wings??? NICE wings?? I dont care how expensive or inexpensive or hard or easy. I NEED WINGS!!! :thumbsup:

~*~MEI~*~ tankies. ^_~

1 - ORO!! What seguins are? I'm not a native speaker.
2 - No opinion
3 - I don't think so, here in Brazil there was a group of Sailor Moon w/ male cosplayers (I can send a pic with you want).
4 - I owe you this one, I know how to do it but I don't know the correct vocabulary.

Kisses

Legato/Machan

shiroi_yukiko
06-03-2002, 09:31 PM

~*~MEI~*~ tankies. ^_~

2. seems okay!
3. GIRLS dress as GUYS all the time, right? So guys dressing as girls is just as good!
4. *cough* I like that song... (me and my dir en grey icon...)
5. Hmm... I made wings one time. They were pretty nice, but really could have been better. All I did was make a thin (but not too bendy) wire frame and sew netting over it. (by hand, very meticulously). Then I glued feathers to cover up the messy base (where the shoulder straps were attached and wings came together). Unfortunately someone stole them from me... grrrr...

pookie-kun
06-03-2002, 11:01 PM
warumono, your dir en grey icon makes me drool every time I look at it... XP~

1. Do you mean sequins? I see nothing wrong with them personally.
2. Lace is good.. :)
3. Not at all. Heck, I'm gonna play Kuja.. at some point.. and that's close enough, ne? :P
5. Sorry, no can do :( Haven't done wings before.

Ranma Saotome
06-04-2002, 12:57 AM

It is... I prefer Platina myself...

Ayaka
06-04-2002, 01:36 AM
1. Yeah, I'm gonna second Legato's "ORO?". Do you mean sequins? I can't think of any reason why there would be anything wrong with those.
2. I think adding original details is just fine. It can make a costume look more . . . real, if that makes sense.
3. I heartily support crossplay. ^^
4. Err . . . not entirely sure what song that is.
5. Maybe this will help? http://www.monitor.net/~mamazon/wings.html

Sakura_blossom
06-04-2002, 01:42 AM
YES!! SEQUINS!!! I MEANT THAT!! SHEESH!! ^____^

~*~MEI~*~ ((replies to herself.... whoa))

Lillyxandra
06-04-2002, 12:10 PM
1. sequins are fine if used sparingly
2.adding extra lace and bows are great! (thats what tomoyo all about^_~)
3. crossplay cool with me
4. hehe my boyfriend thinks its cute^^
5.making wings is what I do^_^ at http://www.firefly-path.com I could make you a custom pair of wings if you would like^_^

you can e-mail me at lillyxandra@ev1.net if your interested^^

Lilly

Medellia
06-04-2002, 05:07 PM

~*~MEI~*~ tankies. ^_~

1. For stage I would say no. For hall costume, if not overdone it can look nice, but an entire skirt made of sequins strikes me as a little tacky (but hey, what do I know?)

2. Yes! Embellish, make it different. A little lace, a few sequins, whatever. Make it fun to look at ^_^

3. Well, regardless of if it's odd, it's been done many times, so I wouldn't worry too much ^_~

4. I like the song personally... But ya can't please everyone

5. http://www.firefly-path.com/Wings/card_captor_sakura.html
Main page is here: http://www.firefly-path.com/main.html

Hope that helps!
:angel:

Medellia
06-04-2002, 05:08 PM
Oops, that was supposed to read: For stage, I would say YES (not no >_< Sorry it's almost finals week and I'm trying -not- to loose my mind...)

Sakura_blossom
06-04-2002, 06:09 PM
AW!!! that website is adorable!! I have actually been to it before, I love all of the wings! ADORABLE!! Thanks fer all your advice guys (and girls). I happy. ^___^

~*~MEI~*~