PDA

View Full Version : Looking for japanese clothes shops in San Francisco...

BattousaiHimura
12-31-2003, 06:22 AM
Hi ^^

I'm looking for shops in San Francisco where I can buy japanese clothes ike Kimono, Haori, Hakama and so on.

I hope there are one or two of you who can help me.

*bows*

Himura

Hanyaan
12-31-2003, 01:35 PM
KIKU IMPORTS!!!!!! http://www.kikuimports.com

I love that store. Not only do they sell a wide range of relatively inexpensive antique kimonos (you can pick up an antique silk haori for $25 and I got a mid-calf-length silk antique kimono with its original ties for $35 there a few weeks ago), but they also sell a very wide range of Japanese antiques like furniture, dolls, bentou boxes, and sake cups. Warning, though: You can EASILY spend way too much money there, not just on kimono but on everything else. (Some of the stuff is also waaaay expensive.)

Kiku Imports is the most cost-effective place to buy kimono in San Francisco; you get far more bang for your buck there than the places I've seen in Japantown or Chinatown. That being said, you might also want to check out Japantown. Kiku doesn't necessarily carry all the kinds of kimono accessories you would need (obis, etc.), but there are some stores scattered around Japantown and the Japan Center that do.

BattousaiHimura
12-31-2003, 02:37 PM
Wow thanks a lot ^^x

I definitely need to take enough money with me...

Himura X

Hanyaan
12-31-2003, 02:42 PM
Hey, no prob.

I forgot to mention that if you want a floor-length kimono or yukata, you'll be paying more along the lines of 50-90 dollars. The 25 and 35 buck ones tend to be haori or mid-calf length.

Nadeshiko
12-31-2003, 04:54 PM
This gives me more excuse to move from Santa Rosa to San Francisco! ^^

Thanks Hanyaan Fairy! ^_^