PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Kinneas (from AX2003)

Anele
12-31-2003, 07:15 PM
Behold, I was the only Irvine from Final Fantasy VIII at AnimeExpo last year. Since this was my first-ever cosplay, I would like to have some humble comments on it. I think I have done well with this costume, since the first minute I walked into the Exhibit Hall, I got a hug from a random person who loved Irvine, lol. Tell me what you think!

[Note: In the picture, the jacket looks shorter than it is, because I'm bending in a weird way. In reality, the coat was the same length as Irvine's in the game. Also, one of the kneecap-patches is hanging (stupid velcro). If I reintroduce Irvine for next year, I'll sew those on. Also, imprtantly, I'm very unphotogenic, lol]

Link to me as Irvine (w/ a Selphie cosplayer; taken from her friend's site):
http://ayamechancosplay.tripod.com/cosplaypics2/selphieirvine.jpg

Suzushichan
12-31-2003, 08:34 PM
the link isn't workin' for me...-_-'

Anele
01-01-2004, 01:55 AM
the link isn't workin' for me...-_-'

Sorry. Must be because it's a Tripod-type pic. Here's an attachment of the same photo.

Schu
01-01-2004, 03:06 PM
Looks really good to me. It's got more detail then most that I see.

edit: nevermind. I'm stupid.

I can't see anything wrong, and I love your hat and hair :)

Anele
01-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Why thank you, Schu! ^^ I take great pride in my first cosplay outfit, since I had no sewing experience prior to making it.

Schu
01-01-2004, 08:59 PM
I'm especially impressed since you did the chaps... most people just wear khaki colored pants. :)

Anele
01-01-2004, 09:10 PM
I wanted the best Irvine costume out there. ^^ That included getting a black hat and altering it so it had those silver sphericals on it.

Besa
01-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Looks good ^.^

Demri
01-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Wow, it does look really nice, especially for a first costume. The only two things I could possibly think of (and this is being really, really nitpicky) is that the pants could be a little tighter and Irvine wears his hair back in a ponytail, which yours might be, but I can't tell for sure in the photo. Good job, though - The whole costume's really great & I especially love the coat and hat! :)

Anele
01-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Thanks, Demri & Besa. Yeah, my hair was back in a ponytail, but this was taken late, late in the day, and my hanging threads of hair was getting bigger by the second. Yeah, I do realise that the pants were baggy... oh well, they were comfortable!

Hanyaan
01-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Try to take off convention badges before posing for photographs. XD Common newbie mistake. Otherwise, well, I looked at a few ref pics online and I can't see anything glaringly wrong.

Anele
01-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Lol, you better believe I'm taking my badge off for Sephiroth.

Chino-San
01-24-2004, 03:10 AM
I have to say for a first time costume I have to admit, it is very well done. But there can be improvements that can be done to the costume. I can't sew but I do know that your fabrics are abit off. For some reason I think he has some sort of velvet sort of material I am not sure. Also gotta have the gun dude. Get the gun and you'll be pimping it out!

Irvy
01-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Hey, the costume looks good. It's great to see someone put detail into Irvine's costume because so many people don't.
Just a few minor things I think you could change. Irvine has a fluffy/wool collar. It's kind of a wool material, from the pic it doesn't look like that.
You got the shape of Irvine's kneecap patches dead on, for his he has little markings on them.(something I need to add onto my own costume)
Other than that it looks awesome!