PDA

View Full Version : Poison Ivy Costume

ch3rriib0mb
01-12-2012, 08:43 PM
So, I made a Poison Ivy costume. I got a strapless 'bunny-suit' and covered it in leaves... But the leaves won't lay flat against my body, like this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dFc8WKlWg_4/Taf_vEf7cbI/AAAAAAAADhA/P21FZpKvfX4/s640/poison-cosplay-sexy.jpg

Instead, it comes out looking poofy, and let's just say it isn't very flattering to my figure. e.e;;

Any and all help would be appreciated - thank you!

Aer
01-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Are you gluing ALL the parts of the leaves down? Like not just 1 spot in the back of each leaf, but the entire back? Maybe while wearing it? I'm trying to think why that would happen - what kind of fabric are you gluing it down on?

ch3rriib0mb
01-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Are you gluing ALL the parts of the leaves down? Like not just 1 spot in the back of each leaf, but the entire back? Maybe while wearing it? I'm trying to think why that would happen - what kind of fabric are you gluing it down on?

I'm gluing it down on lycra - my leotard looks like a strapless bathing suit, material and all. Maybe it's the kind of glue that I'm using? Any suggestions? ;;

bzou
02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
I am going to be working with a bodysuit and leaves soon, and I have the idea of sewing each leaf individually, and then flattening out with glue when necessary. That way I feel like I'll have more control? Might be an idea?

ch3rriib0mb
02-10-2012, 11:40 AM
I am going to be working with a bodysuit and leaves soon, and I have the idea of sewing each leaf individually, and then flattening out with glue when necessary. That way I feel like I'll have more control? Might be an idea?

That's what I wound up doing. :/ It's super time consuming, but it's worth it, because it's looking a lot better than my first attempt. I also suggest sewing in a strapless bra when you start working with the bodysuit - not only is it more comfortable, but it leaves less room for, er, wardrobe malfunctions. xD

Thank you everybody - I'll have pics up after Megacon!

bzou
02-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the tip, ch3rriib0mb! I was just going to use tape to cover, and hope for the best. >_>
I started the sewing this past weekend too. Good luck, and I hope to be able to see progress!