PDA

View Full Version : weddings?

engrish
11-03-2002, 07:09 PM
Would anyone here have a cosplay wedding? Just a thought. If I ever get married I'd deffinitely leave cosplaying open as an option.

ChenCzen
11-03-2002, 07:12 PM
only if my bride is cosplaying morrigan. oh, wait... thats the honeymoon...

JoeBoeing
11-03-2002, 07:27 PM
I sure as heck would. I'd like to get married at a con like Ani-Magic and in order for people to attend they have to be in costume... okay, maybe not that last part. But that's the type of wedding I have in mind.

What theme wedding? let's see... maybe a Sailor Moon wedding... or a King Aurther wdding! or maybe a Midsummer nights dream.

or a Skies of Arcadia wedding! I'd love to do a Ruin Explorers wedding!

So many good shows... tough to decide.

FRom,
Joe

Celine
11-03-2002, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty sure that a cosplay-type wedding *has* been done before, I just can't remember where I saw pictures of it. I think they used Utena, and it was gorgeous! It's not a bad idea, since some people already do themed (like Renaissance or whatnot) weddings.

Karisu-sama
11-03-2002, 07:36 PM
I got married XX years ago on Halloween, so everyone was in costume, heh...

Tenjou
11-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Hmm... I dunno. I might end up marrying a guy what hates/never has heard of cosplay.

Wait, why would I marry a guy like that? lol, just kidding.

But seriously, I think it's too early for me to make a descision on it, even if it does sound like a nice idea.

ryuichi fangirl
11-03-2002, 08:06 PM
An interesting idea...it's a possibility...if the guy i marry is willing i probably will.

scandia
11-03-2002, 09:05 PM
I would kill to have an MKR wedding cosplay skit. It would be my wildest dream come true. Of course, not just anyone would do in a certain role. Make it roles to be exact, since I made my Presea costume larger than my size so that my best friend could wear it. Gosh that would kick so much arse...

Ayaka
11-03-2002, 09:49 PM
I think I'll work on the boyfriend, and then the wedding plans. :D But yep, if it was a deciding now kind of thing, I'd totally do a cosplay wedding. Personally, I think I'd be miserable in most wedding dresses, I hate things that are all girly and lacy. :P But, I don't know, is there something weird about getting married while, in some way, pretending to be someone else? Eh, nah, I think that's going too deep with it, lol.

I believe that both Aimee Major and one of her friends had made plans to have cosplay weddings. But I never saw any pics. So it has been pondered before, but whether it's been done . . . (I've heard of people doing Renaissance weddings, fantasy weddings, etc.)

Babbit_Chan
11-03-2002, 10:19 PM
If I married someone who cosplayed, sure, I think that'd be a great wedding! I know a lot of the friends I'd invite would ^^;

Karisu-sama - What an awesome idea! XD

Koumori
11-03-2002, 10:20 PM
Good lord, no.

ChenCzen
11-03-2002, 10:21 PM
>I think I'll work on the boyfriend, and then the wedding plans.

geez, i dont have a girlfriend but i do alot of daydreaming about what i will do when i get one, including marriage.

of course i daydream about stupid relationship stuff like driving late at night with my girlfriend asleep in the passenger seat and still holding her hand... or at breakfast with her. (read: pity me)

and if she wanted a cosplay wedding i'd be down for it!

Shinobu
11-03-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Koumori
Good lord, no. \

LOL I second that!!
I would not want to cosplay at my wedding. I'd much rather have a normal wedding dress to keep forever and remember my normal day. ^^;;;
We talked about that in school, my friend was saying how her brother was getting married and that he should have a Disney wedding...
(I hate F$@$ Roy Disney) ANYWAY, she said that you can have weddings there in Cinderella or Snow White etc, and I said "Why spend a million dollars on something like that and then like if you show your future daughter your dress she'll say 'Mommy that's a Cinderella costume!'"

So....normalness for me. I like to rebel in sertain ways (like on halloween) but I enjoy being...normal. Yes..... Normal.

ChenCzen
11-03-2002, 10:49 PM
what about a harry potter wedding?

-the priest would be dumbledore
-you would all be wearing your school robes
-the sorting hat would determine who sat where "hmm... right then... i know just where to put you... FRIEND OF THE GROOM!"

Yuna
11-03-2002, 10:52 PM
The whole wedding wasn't cosplay, but Tristen Citrine based her wedding dress off Utena designs.

ReiChan
11-03-2002, 11:00 PM
I think a cosplay wedding would be fun to attend. But as for my own wedding, I'd have a relatively "normal" one.

That is, if I ever get married.

Makoto
11-03-2002, 11:13 PM
It's not really to my personal tastes, as my wedding is one time that I'd like to be only myself.

But there have been some beautiful creative gowns (http://www20.big.or.jp/~x-black/cp/moon/index.html), that you can find every now and then... ^_^

Sami
11-03-2002, 11:16 PM
Nah, I think that's taking it a bit too far for me. ^_^;;;;

I'd like to have something original and fun as far as the dress goes, but as far as dressing up as anime characters.. I'm going to be the one marrying my husband-to-be, not Nanami or Kidd or something. ^^;;

Jinx
11-03-2002, 11:30 PM
Hmm.. not enough anime wedding dresses. My bf and I cosplay, but we prefer a bit more traditional.

Although I did read somewhere that instead of numbering tables you should name them. We were thinking of naming tables after stuff in Final Fantasy, and the bridal table would be the Ragnorok. :P

Babbit_Chan
11-03-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by ChenCzen
what about a harry potter wedding?

-the priest would be dumbledore
-you would all be wearing your school robes
-the sorting hat would determine who sat where "hmm... right then... i know just where to put you... FRIEND OF THE GROOM!"

That's one funny priest if you got one or a friend to do that!

Mink
11-03-2002, 11:50 PM
Personally I am going to style my own wedding dress, so its probably going to have some cosplay elements. I would love to, but my family is just not all that big on it. My boyf and I do plan on having a different wedding, but cosplaying is a bit too extreem. Thats for the honeymoon....lol

Umi
11-03-2002, 11:56 PM
Oh my.. geek weddings. Heh. Speaking of which I know a couple whose wedding bands had the whole Lord of the Rings elvish engraved "One ring to rule them all" piece.

As for a cosplay wedding...sounds like a cool concept but inside I think I'm far too traditional to do that. =D

Wai Makoto! I love your winamp skin website. First time I've ever seen an Angelique skin. So pretty.

Ayaka
11-04-2002, 12:03 AM
Maybe my thing is that I think I haven't got a traditional bone in my body. :D And I can't very well have a "church wedding", anyway, since it would be . . . well, sarcastic? Ironic. Whatever.

And of course, if the cosplay wedding is a bit much, you can always just have a cosplay reception. ^^ But, again, getting WAY AHEAD of myself. :P Even if my cousin is engaged . . .

The One Ring inscription on their wedding rings? I do hope they left out the ". . . and in the darkness bind them" part, lol. oO;;;

Umi
11-04-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Ayaka
The One Ring inscription on their wedding rings? I do hope they left out the ". . . and in the darkness bind them" part, lol. oO;;;

You know I'll have to check on that. ^.^;

Karisu-sama
11-04-2002, 02:42 AM
Yeah, we didn't costume as specific characters from anything, it just gave us an excuse to wear cool-looking non-traditional Fantasy-type clothes and totally get away with it. We did a "rerun" version a bit later for the more conservative family, in more traditional wedding garb. That way everyone could be happy...

Daitenshi
11-04-2002, 03:48 AM
I'd like to have a relatively normal wedding... but I'd add my own little element to the dress. I've always dreamed of having wings.... so maybe a small pair of Angel wing or even really elegant faerie wings. Something like that ^^

Oh! And here's the link to Tristen's pretty Rose Bride inspired wedding dress:
http://www.goldenquartz.com/hanayome.html

Cassandra
11-04-2002, 08:50 AM
http://66.92.233.208/wedding.htm <---my wedding

We didn't do a costume thing. We had a simple handfasting, but we tried to make it look as "normal" as possible so that way the more....ummm.....Catholic family members wouldn't have heart attacks.

KuroBara
11-04-2002, 08:54 AM
Wow, I can't believe she got married in a rose bride gown, gorgeous! Those pics of the Sailor Moon bride cosplayers are beautiful, I want Chibi-Chibi's wig.

I would do something along Tristen Citrine's lines, such as base my dress on a character's outfit that I really liked. I would not be in character for a wedding though. *wants Nov. 12th to come so she can get screencaps of Miaka's bridal gown from FY: Eikoden*

Himemiya
11-04-2002, 09:32 AM
It makes me sad to read people think cosplay is a 'geeky' pasttime ;_;

I'd like a cosplay wedding, or a costumed one. Traditional weddings are great, but since I wouldn't be legally married, It might as well be a fun and memorable occasion ^_^ And the guests' cosplay would need to be "Formal / Evening wear", Which would mean no prop swords and stuff... I saw pictures of the Final Fantasy Ball, which they swore would be a fancy event and no non-classy costumes would be allowed, but there were lots of random costumes there, and it didn't look classy to me at all. -.-;

I'll invite you all to my cosplay wedding! ^_^

Chosuke
11-04-2002, 10:10 AM
Yay!

If I were to have any type of wedding it definately would not be a traditional english wedding.
Of course I wouldn't go dressed as Kumagoro Ryuichio o.o;;;

But I could imagine a custom dress somewhat like tristens that has some anime aesthetics to it.

Babbit_Chan
11-04-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Cassandra
http://66.92.233.208/wedding.htm <---my wedding

We didn't do a costume thing. We had a simple handfasting, but we tried to make it look as "normal" as possible so that way the more....ummm.....Catholic family members wouldn't have heart attacks.

I knew I forgot something... Guess that's out of the picture unless I snuck in an anime wedding dress, which would be hard to find since there aren't many and hardly any I like *sigh*.

Cassandra
11-04-2002, 10:21 AM
If I had all the money in the world and could do whatever I wanted, I'd probably have a dress like something from Wedding Peach:

http://www.anime.altocartoons.com/cgi-bin/preview.pl?/w/wedding-peach/n-000029-im-000532.jpg,0,0,0 (the blue one)

or
http://www.anime.altocartoons.com/cgi-bin/preview.pl?/w/wedding-peach/n-000029-im-000530.jpg,0,0,0

However, I was like 4 months pregnant at my wedding and we were working on a kinda tight budget ;) But it came out beautifully.

Koumori
11-04-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by ChenCzen
>geez, i dont have a girlfriend but i do alot of daydreaming about what i will do when i get one, including marriage.

I was at one time going to get married, but it never even crossed my mind to do a "fan" wedding. I've never really liked theme weddings of any kind, unless EVERYBODY involved in the gathering (all the guests, the family, everybody) is going to be into it. Basing your wedding dress on anime designs is one thing... doing "cosplay wedding!" is another. I think I would cringe with embarrassment twenty years down the line if I did something like that. If I'm going to participate in a ceremony dedicating my life to someone, I would prefer not to have gimmicky trimmings distracting from that purpose.

Just not for everybody.

Celine
11-04-2002, 10:26 AM
That second outfit would make a very unusual wedding dress! Traditionalists would probably freak out at that amount of leg! ^_^

Maybe it's possible to do an costume dress that would still appear to be more traditional- like, what about Garnet's princess dress from FF9? It's super pretty, and white, and elegant! I wouldn't mind getting married in that! Ok, I'm a bit biased because I'm in love with that dress and just want to wear it, period, but still...!

Rosiel
11-04-2002, 10:31 AM
> Wow, I can't believe she got married in a rose bride gown, gorgeous!

Am I the only one bothered by what this entails?

A Rose Bride? A woman with no soul, no mind of her own, slave to the person she is engaged to?

The dress is lovely but the subtext makes me cringe. X__X

Cassandra
11-04-2002, 10:34 AM
*grin* Yeah, it's definitely a non-traditional dress. I try not to wear the long dresses because I'm short and they tend to make me look shorter >.<

I wore a short dress at my high school senior prom and everyone was like "*GASP* a short dress at the prom?!?! You are insane!" I just told them to bug off. I don't need to look any smaller than I already am.

Cassandra
11-04-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Rosiel

A Rose Bride? A woman with no soul, no mind of her own, slave to the person she is engaged to?

*points* This is why I have this absolute hatred for anything Utena. I watched a bit of it, and turned it off after a few episodes, rather disgusted.

Chosuke
11-04-2002, 10:35 AM
Oooh! I forgot all about that one Celine!

That ones super elegant.
I would still probably stick to traditional lines even in designing my own.. It would have to be mostly white,because I love white o.o; And also white is a very clean color.
It would also have to be very classy,no pink wigs or such for me.
I really like this:http://mitglied.lycos.de/ranmaru_samejima/clover/clover04.jpg

http://mitglied.lycos.de/ranmaru_samejima/clover/clover21.jpg

I find the clover dress designs are beautiful,with the simple white and gold..sometimes beige and changing textures.

Koumori
11-04-2002, 11:17 AM

No.... no, you're not.

Daitenshi
11-04-2002, 12:31 PM
The dress is lovely but the subtext makes me cringe. X__X [/B]

I do have to agree on this. The Rose Bride character is rather tragic... but her design is beautiful. The difficulty then lies in separating the dress from the connotations of the character. @_@

But hey, Anthy is the only slave type Rose Bride. Just look at the Akio* saga ^_^ So in that sense designing one's own Bara no hanayume dress shouldn't be looked down upon.

*edited. I mistakenly reffered to it as the Black Rose Saga ^^;;

katchoo
11-04-2002, 12:54 PM
I would like to create a dress based on Sailor Moon's wedding dress, but I am definitely creating my own. As far as a total cosplay wedding, not going to happen because my boyfriend things cosplay is the weirdest thing in the world. But we are going to get married at the Excaliber in Vegas. So it will kindof be themed.

^_^

Nadeshiko
11-04-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
I got married XX years ago on Halloween, so everyone was in costume, heh...

0_0

My parents got married on Halloween! XD But, they did the court thing, though...nothing fancy.

As for my wedding, don't know if I'll cosplay as something. I've seen really nice wedding gowns on dolls, and I'll prolly imitate the style of it. Hm...always wanted my wedding to be on a cruise ship. ^_^v

engrish
11-04-2002, 03:52 PM
A Halloween wedding? Hmm that seems pretty cool. If I ever get crazy enough to marry then I just might be crazy enough to crossplay at my wedding. As for tradition, I 'm really skeptical if even half of the traditions people always mention during weddings are for real. For example, the practice of saving a piece of the wedding cake for one year then eating it can't be a tradition. Although refrigerators were first invented during the Victorian times it wasn't until about 50 years ago that practically every house hold had a refrigerator. Anyways so much for tradition. As for the Rosebride thing hey it's just a dress.

Koumori
11-04-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by engrish
For example, the practice of saving a piece of the wedding cake for one year then eating it can't be a tradition. Although refrigerators were first invented during the Victorian times it wasn't until about 50 years ago that practically every house hold had a refrigerator.

Before there were refrigerators, there were iceboxes.

Nine
11-04-2002, 04:15 PM
This would be a cute idea:

Me as Princess Toadstool... the man I'm marrying as Mario... XD

I know I wouldn't have a cosplay wedding.. just a normal traditional wedding. ^^;

KuroBara
11-04-2002, 05:11 PM
As for the Utena topic within a topic, Anthy redeems herself in the end. I don't want to give away too much. *nods* During the Akio stage, Kozue, Shiori, and other non-passive characters wore that dress, so the design itself doesn't imply being a slave.

I don't think I'll be designing my own wedding gown, but I will definitely be influenced by character designs when choosing one.

engrish
11-04-2002, 05:12 PM
Oh course ice boxes how did I forget that? If I'm correct, even as far back as the 1920's there were plenty of ice plants that would churn out lots of ice blocks. The ice man would delliver the ice blocks door to door much like how the milk man used to deliver milk. But still, I doubt people in the old days would waste valuable ice box space on a piece of cake for one year. But hey I could be wrong. Or better yet maybe they didn't even bother to refrigerate the cake. What better way to express your love for someone then to eat a piece of rotten cake that's been sitting around for one year! Ohhhh the joys of marriage I just can't wait. :D

Mei Lan Chang
11-04-2002, 05:19 PM
I would not have a problem with designing my gown of an anime character with a beautiful gown, but I am -not- going to pretend I am that character.

I don't think I could ever actually get married....but if I did...it would be for me. Not a fictional character.

Rosiel
11-04-2002, 05:28 PM
> I don't want to give away too much.

*trying to be vague*

IMO, the Anthy she becomes is /Anthy/ as opposed to /Rose Bride/ Anthy. So she emancipates herself from the role, and the gown. ^__^ Hence it does not change the gown's connotation.

> *nods* During the Akio stage, Kozue, Shiori, and other non-passive characters wore that dress, so the design itself doesn't imply being a slave.

Yes it does. They are slave to the darkness/evil/jealousy/horrible feelings within them. They get eaten from the inside until their dark side consumes them (symbolized by the fall in the elevator shaft) then wear the dress.

In conclusion what I am saying is that the connotation of the Rose Bride dress is veryvery dark and although I think it looks lovely from a purely aesthetic point of view, the connotation imo does not befit a wedding which should be an occasion full of light and joy and hope. ^__^

KuroBara
11-04-2002, 05:46 PM
>Yes it does. They are slave to the darkness/evil/jealousy/horrible feelings within them. They get eaten from the inside until their dark side consumes them (symbolized by the fall in the elevator shaft) then wear the dress.

No, you're confusing 2 different arcs. During the Black Rose saga, they wear the black duelist uniforms. During the Akio arc, the original duelists fight again, but each with their own rose brides, although not all of them don the dress.

Rosiel
11-04-2002, 05:54 PM
> No, you're confusing 2 different arcs. During the Black Rose saga, they wear the black duelist uniforms.

Yes I am! LOL.

Goodness I have a really hazy recollection of the actual arc you were talking about... all that comes to mind is that stupid car and Touga and Saiyonji pulling swords out of each other.

I guess if I see it again one day I will argument further. Because I distinctly remember thinking that the Rose Bride pattern held. ^___^

KuroBara
11-04-2002, 06:24 PM
>_< Touga and that stupid car! Why is it that the later the series went, the fewer clothes everyone had?

Anyways, you make a valid point, but I think Tristen's wedding dress doesn't necessarily imply she was cosplaying as a rose bride during her wedding. It would be like wearing a "Sailor Moon" wedding gown and acting like a complete ditz. (No offense to BSSM fans, I'm one, but Usagi is ditzy.)

Tenjou
11-04-2002, 06:30 PM
Actually, I wouldn't mind modelling my gown to be something like Princess Serenity's of Sailormoon. ^^ It's prettty. *____*

Shinobu
11-04-2002, 10:02 PM
I looked at those sites and the sailor moon wedding was WONDERFUL!!
now if you lived in Japan like them it may be acceptible but in America it'd be weird...
The Utena dress was pretty too!!!

Umi
11-05-2002, 01:46 AM
It would probably be thought of as a little weird in Japan as well.... seeing as traditionally they wear kimono for weddings even though they are starting to wear wedding gowns more recently.

Though it might be entirely possible. In modern day Japanese weddings don't the bride and groom change clothes several times during the reception?

Daitenshi
11-05-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Umi
Though it might be entirely possible. In modern day Japanese weddings don't the bride and groom change clothes several times during the reception?

Everything depends on how much money you family has. The most extravagent weddings can have 5 or 6(?) sections. Most weddings begin with the traditional Shinto ceremony then move onto a Western style ceremony.

Ukayoru no Chou
11-05-2002, 03:55 PM
Hmm, yea, I mean, I wouldn't go all out and cosplay, as in wig, and contacts, and blah and blah, but most likely, just wearing a similar dress becuase I don't like dresses as it is, and I don't like the type of wedding dressed there are at the moment , so most likely it would be styled after someone elses, and whoever said the wing thing, I'd most likely do something similar like that. I dunno , make s it seem more....bah..-.- you get it ..um..simply.. I'll go with Mei Lan Chang on this one ..o.o

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-05-2002, 04:09 PM
well, if my fiancee, that is if I get married, I wouldn't mind her get married having Yuna's wedding dress. I'll gladly pay for it to do it custom made and do it like that. I also like Garnet's princesss outfit as a wedding gown, but in reality, that would be really too expensive to do. (this is my imho only). Yeah, Yuna's wedding dress, I would give her that along with my body, heart and soul. And to show the world that i really married an angel.

Gomen ne, me being a hopeless romantic here. ^_^

Karisu-sama
11-05-2002, 09:32 PM
At most Chinese weddings the bride changes clothes *at least* 3 times during the very long reception banquet portion (but often costs are cut down by all those clothes being rental ;) )

Adella
11-07-2002, 04:20 PM
Yeah that's what I was gonna say ^_^

WHERE'D MY COOL SIG I MADE YOU GO!!!!!!!!

avagoyle
11-11-2002, 04:33 PM
*points* This is why I have this absolute hatred for anything Utena. I watched a bit of it, and turned it off after a few episodes, rather disgusted.

utena is the most feminist anime i've ever seen. you just didn't see enough of it to realize that there is more to it than that. the girls are stereotypical girls to begin with, but then end up kicking ass, which makes it even better

Cassandra
11-11-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by avagoyle
utena is the most feminist anime i've ever seen. you just didn't see enough of it to realize that there is more to it than that. the girls are stereotypical girls to begin with, but then end up kicking ass, which makes it even better

I watched enough to know that I hate it and I don't want to watch any more of it. (For the record, I bought the first VHS volume....4 episodes....watched all 4 episodes and have regretted buying it ever since.)

avagoyle
11-11-2002, 04:44 PM
well, as marriage is a very real possibility, i have considered this (not anime, but a "themed" wedding) and there are several reasons why i wouldn't do it

1) expense. if you are going to have everyone dressed up in costume (if i had a themed wedding, it would be everyone), most people don't have those kinds of outfits laying around and it would be rude to ask them to pay for an outfit they are only going to wear once...

2) family members. i have all sorts of friends and family and not all of them are into the same things. my boyfriend's parents are traditional asian and mine are roman catholic, so i know they would not appreciate anything other than "normal" ^^;;;

3) romance. i think that to have you or your partner dressed up as another individual would take away from the romance of it all. I can't really think of how to explain this, but if my boyfriend wanted me to dress up as some certain anime girl (or even guy) for my wedding, that he would have less respect for me. Sort of like... this is my ideal person. I have some friends that do that, like girls that have sex with their boyfriends while pretending that they are Gackt, but I could never do that with my love. I like him jsut the way he is and I would take him over Gackt anyday. :P

4) passage of time. what i like now, i probably won't like the same in the future. 4 years ago i loved sailor moon and now i don't have the same obsession with it. if i dressed up as an anime character for my wedding, it would be in all of the pictures. i dont want to look back on the pictures and think "how stupid that looks"

weddings are hard enough as it is. x___X who am i going to invite? are we going to have an asian or an american wedding? a combination? where are we going to have it?

ermm.... sorry for such a long post. if you want an anime/cosplay wedding, go for it, but only after thinking long and hard on it first before hand

avagoyle
11-11-2002, 04:46 PM
I watched enough to know that I hate it and I don't want to watch any more of it. (For the record, I bought the first VHS volume....4 episodes....watched all 4 episodes and have regretted buying it ever since.)

watch the movie then. utena and anthy are being enslaved by themselves more than by the males. the males do have some control over them, but only because anthy and utena let them.

Cassandra
11-11-2002, 04:49 PM
watch the movie then. utena and anthy are being enslaved by themselves more than by the males. the males do have some control over them, but only because anthy and utena let them.

not gonna watch it. Considering there was not one redeeming factor I could find in the four episodes, I'm not gonna bother wasting any more time on it. If a show can't come together for me by the fourth episode, that's it.

Tea-chan
11-11-2002, 09:06 PM
As it is, I do not plan on getting married. Ever. (That, and same-sex marriage is not legal. Yet. ;_; )

If I ever, by some strange, bizzarre, unfathomable way do get hitched, I would show up in jeans and a t-shirt. >3

Okay. Not really. I'd probably conjure up my own design, a very, very renaissance-like dress, with intricate wings.. because I'm a freak like that. :3

On another note, if anyone was at Shoujocon 2001, you'd remember the poor people who got married right next to the Dealer's Room line. The con staff had to deter the line into a circle-kinda thing. >3;;; It was funny. Hehe.

avagoyle
11-12-2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Tea-chan
As it is, I do not plan on getting married. Ever. (That, and same-sex marriage is not legal. Yet. ;_; )

On another note, if anyone was at Shoujocon 2001, you'd remember the poor people who got married right next to the Dealer's Room line. The con staff had to deter the line into a circle-kinda thing. >3;;; It was funny. Hehe.

luckily, since my koi is biologically male, we can get married. ^___^

at anime expo this year, some woman got married (not at the con, but someplace near it). she was walking through one of the hotels with all her bridesmaid and all these people were like "neat costume!" i felt so bad for her ^^;;;;

Tea-chan
11-12-2002, 11:22 AM
luckily, since my koi is biologically male, we can get married. ^___^

at anime expo this year, some woman got married (not at the con, but someplace near it). she was walking through one of the hotels with all her bridesmaid and all these people were like "neat costume!" i felt so bad for her ^^;;;;

To the first thing, AWWWW. *^^* That's so cute. (It's so cute seeing people in love.. *-* Maybe it's the shoujo-freak in me coming out to reign terror and glompings?)

To the second, XD The poor woman. XD XD XD Oh well. :3

KuroBara
11-12-2002, 11:28 AM
>_< There was a wedding reception and a prom at the hotel where I spent Saturday night of I-con. The high schoolers just stared at all the costumers. The wedding party was drunk, and hit on a lot of us. A guy at the bar started playing with my faerie wings, so I headed out and stuck by my friend who was cosplaying as Vicious. Nothing like a 6'6" guy with a katana to keep the drunks away.

Tea-chan
11-12-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by KuroBaraDuelist
>_< There was a wedding reception and a prom at the hotel where I spent Saturday night of I-con. The high schoolers just stared at all the costumers. The wedding party was drunk, and hit on a lot of us. A guy at the bar started playing with my faerie wings, so I headed out and stuck by my friend who was cosplaying as Vicious. Nothing like a 6'6" guy with a katana to keep the drunks away.

*adds "6'6" guy with a katana to scare arseheads away" onto Con Survival List* :3

I have a lot of rather tall friends to bring with me to cons. >3 Heheheh. We can be the KATANA BRIGADE! :3

Then again, I'm 5'2". Anyone is rather tall to me. XD

khamryn
11-12-2002, 12:26 PM
::Pipes up after .. being quiet::

My mom told me once I finish the Yuna wedding one that if I don't get married in it she'll skin me alive. u.u;;;; haha (not that I will prob get married XD wahaha)

engrish
11-12-2002, 12:47 PM
I guess I was kinda vague when I said "cosplay wedding". I didn't mean a wedding where everyone had to get dressed up. To be fair, you can't ask someone to get dressed a certain way unless you pay for the outfit. However, the dress code could be loosened a bit so that anyone who wanted to get dressed up could. I was thinking it would be cool to see a wedding that was a little different but not necessarily SHOCKING!

I guess when I said "cosplay wedding" some people were getting these images of a Squall and Rinoa groom and bride or was it bride and groom? And Selphie, Quistis(with their weapons), and Edea as bridesmaids standing on a yatch that had been converted to look like Balamb garden while someone sings "Eyes on Me". Instead of giving the bride a wedding ring, Squall would give up his gunblade while the parents, dressed up as guardian forces, would nod in approval. Ohh and people wouldn't be allowed to use their real names you have to use your character's name and be sure to act out your character.

ummm that's not what I meant when I said, "cosplay wedding"...I was thinking of something more conservative. :p

khamryn
11-12-2002, 12:56 PM
o.O;; ::Wasn't personally thinking that.:: that would be a wee bit over the top. u.u;; it would be more like an rpg then a wedding. hehe.. u.u;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-12-2002, 01:58 PM
khamryn: Will you marry me? LOL j/k

Koumori
11-12-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by engrish

ummm that's not what I meant when I said, "cosplay wedding"...I was thinking of something more conservative. :p

I don't think anybody thought you really meant that. But why don't you clarify and tell us what you *did* mean? :)

khamryn
11-12-2002, 02:17 PM
Ryu- No. : p~ hehe

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-12-2002, 02:20 PM
well, I did propose nicely since you are going to be married in Yuna's wedding dress, I hope? LOL j/k

if you want more silliness concerning that go here:
http://www.fanime.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=178

Ranma Saotome
11-12-2002, 03:13 PM

Now I feel bad for buying the box set for 20 bucks... -_-

Ranma Saotome
11-12-2002, 03:17 PM
True story...

One of the girls on this board, sailor-moon, got married bout 2 months ago with her beau... Both of them as Usagi and Mamoru!

Just ask her! ;)

Cassandra
11-12-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Now I feel bad for buying the box set for 20 bucks... -_-

*blink* Because I don't like it. I know there are tons of people out there who love Utena. It's just not my cup 'o tea. And as long as the Utena-lovers don't try to force me to watch it in the hopes that my feeling will change.....let them love it. I have no problems with that. I just don't want it on my TV :D

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-12-2002, 03:20 PM
*Hugs his Utena Movie and Fansubs* Me like!*runs away*

khamryn
11-12-2002, 03:21 PM
Ryu- @@ huh? ::confused::

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-12-2002, 03:25 PM
khamryn: I have the Utena Movie and the fansubs from episodes 17-39. I really love the series and I think it's should be considered as one of the best anime series that has ever come out. I wouldn't mind buying the Art of Utena book also. But if Cassandra doesn't like the series, it's fine by me, everyone has their own favorites and not so favorites. Me, one of my not so favoritres has to be at least.... Landlock cause it sucked, even if the characters designs by Masamune Shirow couldn't save the OAV.

Ranma Saotome
11-12-2002, 03:48 PM
*blink* Because I don't like it. I know there are tons of people out there who love Utena. It's just not my cup 'o tea. And as long as the Utena-lovers don't try to force me to watch it in the hopes that my feeling will change.....let them love it. I have no problems with that. I just don't want it on my TV :D

To be honest, I bought it because it was cheaply priced! Thank you CPM!

khamryn
11-12-2002, 11:45 PM
Ryu- no no! i said huh to your second proposal thing. haha. ::has all of utena fansubs and the movie:: ^_^ i love it.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-12-2002, 11:50 PM
if you want more silliness concerning that go here:
http://www.fanime.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=178
what i meant to say that we are having another topic concerning that.

khamryn
11-13-2002, 12:54 AM
Ryu- oh. :p maybe i'll check it out when i'm done being thouroughly enamored with my brand new non-anime purchase.. ::holds up lotr extended edition.. sadly can quote most of it.. shush..:: :x anyway OT shushing. @@

Lovelyangel_81
11-13-2002, 12:08 PM
I really like Yuna wedding grown from FFX. That would be beautiful grown to wear on me wedding. (When I find the right man to marry, of Course!) ^__^

Ranma Saotome
11-13-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Lovelyangel_81
That would be beautiful grown to wear on me wedding. (When I find the right man to marry, of Course!) ^__^

You rang? ^__~

Lovelyangel_81
11-13-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
You rang? ^__~

*screams* *runs and close door*

I am just kidding. ^ _~ *hugs*

Ranma Saotome
11-13-2002, 12:54 PM
*hugs back and gives thumbs up* It feels good to be wanted. :)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-13-2002, 02:15 PM
Lovelyangel_81:yeah..that is a pretty dress. Like I said in my previous post, I would definately have this made for my wife, even if it costs a pretty penny. But of course, until I find the perfect gal...

cutekawaii
11-17-2002, 10:05 PM

3) romance. i think that to have you or your partner dressed up as another individual would take away from the romance of it all. I can't really think of how to explain this, but if my boyfriend wanted me to dress up as some certain anime girl (or even guy) for my wedding, that he would have less respect for me. Sort of like... this is my ideal person. I have some friends that do that, like girls that have sex with their boyfriends while pretending that they are Gackt, but I could never do that with my love. I like him jsut the way he is and I would take him over Gackt anyday. :P

Agree with you on that. See, I have this thing for Sephiroth, and I swear my boyfriend is jealous of him (along with every asian male ALIVE) XD I once asked him if he'd wear my Sephy costume when I get it done and he got really offended ^^;; But, I understand why, totally. Buuut that's not to say that once and a while a little role play isn't so bad >D

I woulnd't want to get married to anyone else but my husband, though.

sailor-moon
11-18-2002, 12:12 AM
LOL poor ranma ^.^:::cant stop laughing::: im married, it wasnt anime ish thoug, but when i do the renual of vows thing in like 2 years im gonna throw a big a$$ anime one!!!

Usagi

Ranma Saotome
11-18-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by sailor-moon
LOL poor ranma ^.^:::cant stop laughing::: im married, it wasnt anime ish thoug, but when i do the renual of vows thing in like 2 years im gonna throw a big a$$ anime one!!!

Usagi

Poor me is right! :p Big one? All of NYO! Cosplay better have front row seats! :)

sailor-moon
11-18-2002, 12:40 AM
yesa the rest of the group will^.^

Radical Urd
11-18-2002, 02:30 PM
AWWW Chen that whole girlfriend thing was really cute!!!
But anywho like most other girls I've thought about my wedding and I would love to have a dress based off of Anthy's from the movie that red dress with the white poofy butt thing. And my hubby with maybe Toga's red outfit. I would like a fairy sort of medevil thing going on. OH but you know what I would LOVE? An Indian wedding! Oh that would be sooo beautiful. Gold earings in my ears, my nose. like 30 gold braclets, like 20 gold rings. OOOOOO that would be so gorgeous!! Ivory Elephants, statues of Vishnu, shiva and Pavrati, gold fabric drapped everywhere. OOOOO that would be beautiful!!! *gets all stary eyed*
So far I think I'm dating someone.... its been a long time since i've heard from him. One of the things I love about dating and hopefully marriage is waking up before them, like at Otakon when I was dating this guy and I woke up on his naked chest his arm holding me tight, that bit of curly blonde hair across his face. He looked so calm so beautiful. I was wearing a big T-shirt of his and it smelled so much like him, you know that old spice deoderant, man smell. I felt so good, so safe like he really loved me.
But he didn't.
*le sigh* Love is a fickle thing. I'm still looking.

Ranma Saotome
11-18-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Radical Urd
*le sigh* Love is a fickle thing. I'm still looking.

Make room... -_-

peaseblossom
11-19-2002, 03:02 PM
most definately not! I got married in June--and I had enough trouble dealing with my mom about what everyone was wearing(my broher in law, an EMT, was on duty and couldn't put on his tux and my mom didn't want him in the wedding b/c of it.) So, to save myself from the BS, it was fairly normal. I did slip in some music from LotR for the bridal procession! My husband and I joke about how we should've had a Klingon wedding.

Ranma Saotome
11-19-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by peaseblossom
My husband and I joke about how we should've had a Klingon wedding.

You do that and your hubby would now just be recovering from the honeymoon! :D :thumbsup:

peaseblossom
11-20-2002, 10:09 AM
I know! *evil grin*

Ranma Saotome
11-20-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by peaseblossom
I know! *evil grin*

A flashback of a certain episode ST:DS9 with Quark and the Klingon comes to mind... :heart: :razz:

Studmaster
11-20-2002, 05:32 PM
Wow, this thread has had a lot of longevity. Between out fantasies and wishes for weddings, it had been a good conversation.

Personally, I wouldn't want a "cosplay" wedding per say, what I would really want is a very classy formal wedding, with Tuxedos and the whole nine yards, however, it will definetly a theme.

The Dashing, Handsome Prince marries his perfect and beautiful (and sexy) Princess. I would love to be dressed like a modern day Royal maybe with a sash, and my bride would come down the Aisle in a Princess style gown, which is not too flashy, but very beautiful complete with Tiara and enough Clevage to make her look sexy as well. And for our first dance, we would take the ballroom floor and dance a wonderful romantic waltz.

Then, I woke up. :p But it would be nice to have this wedding in some form one day.

Takuma-san
11-20-2002, 06:00 PM
Hmm... Kinda morbid, but has anyone considered a cosplay funeral? I know funerals tend to be solem events, but when I go to that giant anime library in the sky, I want everyone attending to remember better times, so I would like them to be cosplaying. Go out with a bang and a giggle, I say.

Integral
11-25-2002, 03:32 PM
While I'm not going with a heavily "themed" wedding, I am sneaking some stuff in. I'm getting married in early March, and the toughest thing for me was to decide on the tone of the wedding. I wanted it to be somewhat traditional... but as I am not completely a traditional person, I wanted it to reflect our interests, etc.
So.. the decorations are going to be rather traditional, but with a slight medival touch. My bridesmaids are going to have somewhat medival-styled dresses.. but not so much that it would be tacky. I'm going for enough classic elegance here that I won't be embarassed w/the pictures in 20 years.

As for my dress? I decided that I wanted to make it myself.. rather with our cosplay group. I wanted it to reflect my interests in anime and cosplay without being tacky, so I'm taking an anime costume, and I'm adjusting the pattern for a wedding dress.
For those curious, I'm taking Charlotte's second/last dress from the Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust movie, and altering a few things on it to make it a very nice wedding dress. I'm changing the front panel to incorporate brocade, and I'm also changing the neckline and some of the trim on it. Other than that, I see it as perfectly suited for a classy wedding gown. :)

We haven't decided on the groom's/best man's tuxes yet. I think we're going to go with a classic tux.. or maybe an older-styled one... and probably somthing with tails. Instead of a cumberbun, though, I think we're going to go with vests. I want to find a nice brocade in green to compliment the white brocade on the front panel of my dress. (The colors are Ivory, gold, & green)

Space Invader
11-25-2002, 04:26 PM
I don't think so. In my opinion, that's taking the hobby a little bit too far. I would love a renaissance theme wedding, though.

engrish
11-25-2002, 05:11 PM
to Takuma-san:
cosplay funeral ummm that's a little different. btw I have only been to one funeral and it was on my birthday!

to Integral:
If you feel confident enough with your cosplay skills to make your own dress then more power to you. Go for it!

Raphael Wish
11-25-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Koumori
Good lord, no.

I third that. There are some things that should just...not...be done.

Example:

http://home.netcom.com/~cataroo/wed.html

Koumori
11-25-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Raphael Wish

Example:

My.... EYES!!!

Ranma Saotome
11-25-2002, 10:45 PM

Example:

Oh god... That's just as bad as those Japanese Hello Kitty weddings! >.<

Studmaster
11-26-2002, 09:34 AM

Example:

This folks is an example. If you're thinking of doing a Tasteless wedding....Look at this link.

God, the horror.

Cassandra
11-26-2002, 10:15 AM
No offense to any furries on here, but some furries are just weird.

(Yes, I like cats. Yes, I play animorph RPG characters. No, I don't want to boink a cat.)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-26-2002, 11:55 AM
oh god...that is so horrible...
*takes gun out and shoots myself for seeing tasteless wedding*

DancingVampire
11-27-2002, 08:24 AM
OMG *_*

Hikaruchan
11-27-2002, 11:36 AM
I doubt will ever marry, but I want to make Sarah's ball gown from Labrynth and think it could be a pretty wedding gown.
http://www.astrolog.org/labyrnth/jc/autogrf1.gif

Chosuke
11-27-2002, 01:36 PM
That,that was plain disturbing...

And the costumes weren't even well made.. -le sigh-

BlackDelo
11-28-2002, 10:18 AM
Yeah that was pretty damn tasteless. Though as a side note, I did go to my brothers wedding dressed as Wolfwood. Of course considering what wolfwood wears all the inlaws thought it was a regular tux just with out lapelles.

P.S. Homeboy is right, Yuna IS a hottie!

PockyDarcy
11-30-2002, 01:31 AM
Hellz ya! Scott and I have been talking about having a wedding at a convention for a couple of years now! I think it would be fitting for us since we've devoted our lives to being otakus. Plus it is something we both share together. Whenever we deside on date and place, we'll let ya all know...*giggle* ^_^

Ranma Saotome
11-30-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by PockyDarcy
Hellz ya! Scott and I have been talking about having a wedding at a convention for a couple of years now! I think it would be fitting for us since we've devoted our lives to being otakus. Plus it is something we both share together. Whenever we deside on date and place, we'll let ya all know...*giggle* ^_^

*gets the NYO-CAM* I say shoot for Otakon! :) And it be perfect if you guys got the priest to dress up as Duo Maxwell! :)

LostintheField
09-29-2006, 11:01 AM
I just HAD a cosplay wedding this past weekend at AWA. EurobeatKing has the first batch of photos so far up on the main cosplay.com photo page. There were many other photographers there, so there will be many more batches to follow.

In the meantime, let me know how tasteless mine was! <3

SailorGaia
09-29-2006, 11:02 AM
I just HAD a cosplay wedding this past weekend at AWA. EurobeatKing has the first batch of photos so far up on the main cosplay.com photo page. There were many other photographers there, so there will be many more batches to follow.

In the meantime, let me know how tasteless mine was! <3

Oh wow, that was you? Congratulations!! All the pics turned out so well! What a great idea! XD

green_with_Envy
09-30-2006, 03:37 PM
I've already said that I want my wedding to be at PersaCon. I know most everyone who runs it and attends it, so it would be a grand occasion if I could xp

CienDragon
09-30-2006, 05:59 PM
I'm pretty sure my family would not be thrilled if I had a cosplay wedding.

Not that I've really seen any costumes that I'd want for a wedding dress anyway.

My fiance and I are probably just going to have a normal wedding, medieval themed if anything but probably just a traditional wedding.

Hsien-Ko
10-01-2006, 12:43 AM
this subject is really interesting. ^.^ My sweet heart and I were talking about it. I want to have a Medieval like ceremony and I'd make my own dress and for the reception,he thought of having it kind of like a costumed ball. ^.^ It could be called "cosplay" since I'd have Mina's red dress from Dracula.

My sweety even said he wanted to dress has the "red Dead" (Edgard Allan Poe) and scare the people then reveal his costume under the red cloak.

Gwydion
10-02-2006, 12:41 AM
Haha, well, I must say that if I do ever get married, it would have to be a costume wedding. ^_^;; Of course I'm the type of girl that thinks weddings are boring to attend, so it's mostly so that I can amuse myself and have fun. Of course this means I'd have to not crossplay, lol. That would be a bit too strange.

The funny part is that my family knows (and a good amount of extended family as the subject came up at past weddings), and they all seem rather excited. They all say that they would never do it, but that they think it'd be a lot of fun to attend.

Rikku-chan
10-02-2006, 12:45 AM
I TOTALLY love the idea of a cosplay wedding!! and I've been noticing a lot of them popping up nowadays!! ^^
I think now that I'm getting REALLY into cosplay...I will HAFTA marry someone who loves cosplay as much as me!! so we'd HAVE TO have a cosplay wedding!! ^^ most likely a FFX/X-2 themed wedding!!! (chocobos and all!! ^^) that'd be fun!!! =D

Spetsnaz
10-02-2006, 02:44 AM
Weddings and such? Sheesh.

I'm 19 and I've only had one girlfriend. I do not forsee a wedding in my near future, let alone a stable relationship. If it does occur, well, that's great. :P

But as for an anime themed wedding...no...I'm not all into the anime stuff.

Maybe...some sort of theme from a video game...but that all would depend...

Meh...it's too late in the evening for me to think about this sort of stuff thoroughly.

Suzaku7NoMiko
10-02-2006, 09:42 AM
I would love to do something Renaissance-y. Definitely don't want the standard, ordinary wedding....its gotta be full of costumes & fun & festive!!

Hsien-Ko
10-02-2006, 01:58 PM
deffinatly ^^ I want to had the Handfasting ritual to my wedding since I am a Wiccan. But I wonder how I can add it without making my sweetheart's mother freak out of me..

^.^ Renaissance/medieval/victorian weddings are just soooo nice ^^ Cosplay weddings too,but I wouldn't go to my wedding dressed up has sailor moon lol. Sure I'll have my red victorian gown inspired by Mina's dress from Dracula but still ^.^

Volnixshin
10-03-2006, 11:23 AM
I would love to do a Cosplay wedding, Naruto wedding, like be Sasuke and she be Sakura! Or be in Gundam Fighter costumes, tight clothes on stage, now taht would be hawt!

KittyAngel
10-03-2006, 03:04 PM
I know I'm going to be having an anime wedding!!!!!:bigtu: here's my plan:

My wedding dress- Wedding Yuna from FFX http://www.ffextreme.com/images/ff10-636.jpg

The Maid of Honor- A Ryoko space pirate outfit from Tenchi Muyo

The Bridesmaids dresses- Princess Sarina from Sailor Moon (ignore the Sailor Scouts and Prince Darian) http://www.poster.net/sailor-moon/sailor-moon-sailor-moon-9901492.jpg

The Flower girl-This particular Card Captor Sakura outfit from Card Captor Sakura http://www.animegalleries.net/img/28189

My Groom- Seto Kaiba (white jacket) from Yu-gi-oh http://thecia.com.au/reviews/y/images/yu-gi-oh-7.jpg

The Best Man- Zane Truesdale from Yu-gi-oh GX http://www.janime.info/Genex/images/characters/ryo/01/51.jpg

The Groomsmen- Chaz Prinsten jacket from Yu-gi-oh GX http://www.janime.info/Genex/images/characters/banjyome/01/121.jpg

The Ring Bearrir- A Tenchi Masaki outfit from Tenchi Muyo http://www.animegalleries.net/img/12365

The theme will be japanese cherry blossems and instead of the traditional "here comes the bride", it's going to be Hythm of the Fayth singing.

Yumeko
10-03-2006, 03:16 PM
O.o, Um IMHO that's going a little too far. While the yuna wedding dress is cool (I've actually seen someone do that beautifully) but some of these ideas are going a little too far.

While my boyfriend and I are both anime fans and are dead set on breaking all traditions, we both cringed at the thought of an anime themed wedding

WilwarinAndamar
10-03-2006, 03:51 PM
My friends and family aren't really into anime or cosplay, so I doubt they would want to do it.

I would love to make my own wedding dress, most likely Fiona from Shrek or something like it. My boyfriend/husband can be Ilpalazzo. :) I still have a while to think about it though.

Hsien-Ko
10-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Wowww.. Kitty Angel you amaze me ^^ That's..wow lol takes alot of guts and courage I guess lol. My mother has a hard time understanding why I cosplay,I think she would have a harder time understanding a Cosplay Wedding.

KittyAngel
10-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Wowww.. Kitty Angel you amaze me ^^ That's..wow lol takes alot of guts and courage I guess lol. My mother has a hard time understanding why I cosplay,I think she would have a harder time understanding a Cosplay Wedding.

Thanks^_^ I always loved Yuna's Wedding dress and why not make it my future wedding dress:bigtu: . Anyway, my Mom likes anime alot more and she was totally okay with an anime wedding:bigtu: Sure the family and friends are going to have a strange look on their faces, but oh well. Not only am I going to invite my friends and family, I'm going to invite ANY cosplayer that wants to come to the wedding.

Hsien-Ko
10-04-2006, 12:10 AM
WWooooo COUNT ME IN!! *waves arms n giggles* ^.^ I'd LOVE to be there

Raouken
10-04-2006, 09:00 AM
If I'd ever get married(*laughs* as if..well, one can daydream XD) I'd totally have a costume wedding. Not a cosplay one, but one where everyone would be asked to wear a dress that they would consider their dream dress..the one they wanted to wear when they were little, perhaps wear their own wedding gown from when they got married..I wouldn't care if the guests would have bigger or prettier dresses than I had, I'd just want everyone to feel like a princess..or a prince, or course, the men shouldn't just have to wear suits, they can wear a dress too if they'd like(if I'd ever find the perfect man, he'd totally wear a dress, too XD)or a battle outfit or whatever they dream of!

And who couldn't make the dresses by themselves, I'd make it for them..the wedding would probably have to be announced a year before it would actually take place to make all the costumes! *laughs* and it'd had to be in a castle, in a beautiful garden, with an orchestra so everyone could dance..knowing my friends/those of my family who would come, they'd be totally into it :D

But I doubt I'm ever going to marry, so I'll just have fun with my sister's wedding..XD XD

Miss Meru
10-04-2006, 11:19 AM
I think it's going a bit too far with the fandom. Not that anime/cosplay weddings can't be beautiful & elegant, but I don't plan on doing it with mine. I just want everything to be simple and classic.. not to mention my family wouldn't be thrilled with a cosplay theme.

However, I DO plan on having a few J-pop songs for the reception party, and maybe even some anime figurine cake toppers.

Kurama_Hiei
10-04-2006, 11:33 AM
I'd do it, even if it was just to screw with my family. I'd get more looks and probably get dragged to the nearest psychatrist, my mother screaming about how "she can't tell reality from fantasy again!" (Given what reality is, I'd rather have the fantasy, thanks)

It would probably be LOTR based, though. Somehow, that would be more acceptable than a full on YYH theamed wedding.

Oh, what fun it would be.

TagaSeguchi
10-04-2006, 12:21 PM
My fiance and I are having the Dream Cosplay Wedding where we dress up in our dream costume, He's Alucard and I'm I dont know yet since I dont really have one. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah I'm not inviting families only con family. I'll have a reception for the 'rents.

*TaInTED*AnGEL*
10-09-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm getting married in March, and our wedding is going to have a subtle Final Fantasy theme. Nothing too outrageous...

My dress is designed from Princess Garnet's coronation dress in FF9, my bridesmaids have dresses in bright pink, bright blue, and bright yellow, as the colors in Yuna's wedding to Seymour in FFX, the groomsmen have tuxes to match the ladies' dresses. Our music is the best part. We have different scores from all of the more recent final fantasy's...most of the music came from FF9. But the best part of all, after the minister says you may kiss the bride...we're playing the battle victory song (everyone knows what tune this is if you're a FF fan)

So, we have a touch of cosplay...and a touch of anime - but not too extreme - but hopefully people will remember our wedding and not forget it like they do all the traditional ones ^^

cuddles116
10-09-2006, 12:10 PM
I plan on having a themed cosplay reception while the actual wedding ceremony would be formal (so that my mom could see her only girl in a white dress and my dad could see his last born the same...that way I don't have to argue lol).

But the reception would be mandatory lovers cosplay (god willing someone I know would be Ritsuka and Soubi from Loveless lol) with no crazy halloween costumes...when you think of the cost of a new formal outfit that you will never wear again and a similar cosplay that will make the bride/groom happy *because if the bride is happy the groom should be lol*...the one that is freaking feeding you at the party lol, I think it isn't too much to ask the guests.

Or if everyone is a jerk and refuses to cosplay I want a black tie only reception...either way I'm getting nice wedding photos =D

Chibi Plush Toy
10-09-2006, 12:24 PM
I *would* have a wedding with a bit of cosplay in it...just not overly designed with EVERYTHING cosplay because it'd annoy me. My dress would probably be based off some other character's. Wedding Yuna, Garnet, and Utena don't fall far from the tree. I believe it'd be quite interesting but as for completely cosplay? Seriously, no. I don't wanna have pink hair (or any other wig--extensions are OK) on the day of my wedding.

Then ... to the subject of Disney a few pages back...I'd have a Disneyland wedding, but not a Disney-COSTUME wedding. Heck no! I've seen what they host for weddings on their site and in my opinion, it's absolutely amazing! The main thing I want are the desserts and the carriage ride. That's what I'd really want.

Crystori
10-10-2006, 01:03 PM
YES! I SO would. the to me would be the PERFECT wedding. cosplay, convention, :P all of it. that would SO rock.

LostintheField
10-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Whelp, pictures of my cosplay wedding can be found here:

http://risingsun.net/albums/cs78/source/cs78-0105.shtml

I wanted traditional, he wanted..Lacus Clyne. His wig could have been better, but I like the compromise we made between cosplay and no cosplay.

Kyuriko
10-12-2006, 08:48 PM
To be honest, I'm not sure. A part of me thinks it would be great to have cosplay at a wedding, but another part of me feels that's taking it too far and there are certain events you really don't need to cosplay at. Also, it would have to depend on how obsessed the man I was marrying is with anime and cosplay for it to work out. My parents would definitely be apalled, though, come to think of it.

@ChenCzen: That would be ironic, especially if it were a Christian style wedding, because we all know Harry Potter promotes witchcraft and Satanism. XD

PinkMermaid
10-13-2006, 01:19 AM
I'm having a fantasy wedding if that counts. ^_^

The bridesmaids are fairies and the grooms men are dragons.

ChibiSakuraChan
10-14-2006, 11:01 PM
I would love to disign a wedding dress off of cosplay...i'm not sure i would have the whole wedding as cosplay my mom would hate me for life lol. But i need a boyfirend first that would be nice hahah. :)

Moonlit_Rose
10-15-2006, 12:35 AM
Oh gods no. That's a little too extreme for me. I do like cosplay, but that's bringing it a little too far. I want a traditional wedding, with the pretty white dress for me, flower, and the tux for my husband. I might take inspiration from a show for the dresses, but never a flat out cosplay.

I would kill to get married at Disney though. Not in costume, but at Disney. How amazing would that be?

CherryBomb
10-15-2006, 02:51 AM
Here's a pic from my wedding!
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=858070
I designed all of the dresses! The ring bearer wore a cape that matched the girl's dresses (only for pictures though). I didn't want to go crazy, so I just put my little artistic/cosplayer touches to the whole theme of the wedding and I tried making as many things by hand as I could. I also had the flower lady stick all of my costume jewelry into the flowers!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, for the introductions of the bridal party to the reception, they all walked in to the song "I love you baby" from the Brak show! My husband and I walked to the Imperial march from Star Wars.

Runi-Chan
10-15-2006, 01:30 PM
While I do love cosplaying, I highly doubt I'd have a cosplay wedding. It just seems..I dunno...a bit tasteless sometimes. There are ways to do it right (as Cherry Bomb and lostinthefield have shown), but most of the time, it's just...I dunno. A bit much for me.

Whenever I do get married (I'm only 17, and I don't think I'll be getting married for a long while), it will have a slight fantasy theme. It definately won't be traditional; because of my family's irish heritage, I'm going to include a handfasting ceremony (and maybe jumping the broom, if that doesn't shock the wedding guests...). I don't quite care for 'traditional' weddings, so I'm all for doing something out of the ordinary. It's also my goal for the bridemaids not to hate me for the dresses. XP
(And of course I'll sneak some anime and game music in there; Sofia's Coronation music is almost perfect for a wedding march)

I'm not even sure I'd get married at-con, because I've always really wanted an outdoor wedding. (barefoot in the grass, *laughoutloud*)

But I agree with whoever said you're marrying the person you love; not a character that you like. Your wedding day is a big day to BE YOURSELF.