PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Universe

Overseerworld
01-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Just how big of stargate fan are you and do like Stargate Universe at all ?
The question that we are ask is wood you cosplay a stargate character from Stargate Universe ?

Var Syn
02-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Yep not sure who but i'd love one of the space suits they have

CrazyAnimeChick
07-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Watched a bit of Universe, but I'm more of an SG1 type of gal. At the moment I'm putting together a Carter cosplay

Arlette
07-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Was scrolling past and saw "Stargate Universe" and literally put the brakes on my scroll ball, lol. Anyway, as is the case with most things where people generally wear normal clothes, you'd almost need a big group for people to figure out who you are. If it's not normal clothes, then it's fatigues and uniforms. I guess Eli's shirt is pretty iconic, though, lol. ANYWAY, I toyed with the idea of being Chloe for D*C with the little hole cut out of her shirt and everything, or maybe with the alien scales make-up, but probably not.

Geddyn
07-20-2012, 02:47 PM
If you're going solo, your best chance of being recognized is to go with the off-world uniforms, since those are fairly recognizable. If you're interested in that, I posted a reply in CrazyAnimeChick's Carter thread providing a link that breaks down the show's uniforms and shows you the individual components.

Like Arlette said, it would be difficult to make most of the civilian characters stand out as a cosplay costume, since they generally wear pretty normal clothes. I disagree that you'd need a group to make it work, though. You could probably make it work as a pair. I'd suggest:

- Eli Wallace and Ginn. Arlette pointed out that Eli's shirt ("You are here.") is pretty iconic and Ginn's get-up would stick out, being non-standard clothing.

- Chloe Armstrong and Lt. Matthew Scott: Arlette's idea for the alien mutation of Chloe is fantastic and the SG uniform for Matt would stick out quiet well.

- Lt. Tamara Johansen and Col. Everett Young: Their on-ship uniforms would be recognizable, especially with the appropriate patches.

Drackt
07-20-2012, 04:32 PM
I've toyed with the idea of doing a Dr. Rush one (I've done Durza and Rumpel, in addition to Mr. Gold, what's one more? :) ) though I'm not sure if I'd do it...