PDA

View Full Version : Fabric design for Tira

shadowfox57
01-18-2012, 03:53 AM
I saw in pic that Tira has a pattern in the fabric on her shoulder pads for her form in soul calber 4. How can i get that kind of pattern? Do in just buy something close or pant it on or buy fuzzy fabric and shave it. I'm at a loss.

FeyMeggan
01-18-2012, 09:32 AM
if you post pictures of what you're talking about it might be easier to help since she's got a lot of outfits and a lot of versions. I think I know the one you're talking about and it depends on what material you're making the top out of. You could silk screen/paint the design on, you could crush velvet in that pattern if you were using that, or you could embroider/appliqué it on.

shadowfox57
01-19-2012, 07:17 PM
I have been told "by the one helping me" that her red version is too "skanky" and that the version that I am going to do is the yellow version, the one that has her hair in Lea like style hair buns, I found only one photo of her in this form. Does anyone have any other photos of her like that and or can they tell me if its a twopeace siut or not. It looks to me like she is wearing a corrset with a shall over top.

kataelli
01-23-2012, 02:48 AM
Is this the version that you're thinking of?
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/tira-yellow-u.jpg
Ifthis is it, I think there's definitely a few ways to create this. I would probably go about making it in three pieces:
1. The bolo jacket/shell over the top
2. A corset dress that hooks together but stops halfway down
3. A slip/dress to go under the corset piece. You can see underneath, is wearing a dress or skirt. The neckline is a give away as well. I personally see it as a dress underneath the corset, because the types of fabrics are different.

That being said, if you wanted to connect them, you probably could. You'd just make the corset piece, one dress. With an attached top part and an attached under layer for the skirt.

As for your original question, I'm a little confused. Are you referring to the fuzzy neckline? I would probably just attach some faux fur to the neckline of the shell/jacket. Or are you talking about the shoulder/sleeve pieces? If you want to be completely accurate, I believe you would make several separate panels for each sleeve, and then stitch them together with a thick white cord/thread. This method would be used for the main corset/dress piece as well. If that's too much work/effort, I suppose you could paint some lines (for the panels) and then stitch them up as if they were separate.

I don't know if that answered your question. But I hope it helped! Lemme know if you still need help! Tira's awesome. :)