PDA

View Full Version : Early Info

Admin
01-02-2004, 11:40 PM
This year's picnic is at the same park, but in the BIG pavillion. :)

April 17, 2004
Mason Regional Park
Irvine, California.

Attached is a photo of our pavillion. It was kinda rainy today when I took it, so please don't mind the dreariness of the photo. It has a volleyball court, it's right next to the bathrooms, and there are four grills and 22 tables. We can have up to 500 people at the event!

I'll post a more official announcement in about a week. THIS time around we can have sound, so we're going to definitely have music, a TV with anime, and probably a PS2 or Xbox for gaming.

Shinobu
01-03-2004, 02:01 AM
Wow...If only I lived in California... (._.)

Pink Bunnie
01-03-2004, 02:37 AM
Yayness! XD I'll actually be living in California by then!

Sana-chan
01-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Yay!! The last picnic was so wonderful, I can't wait till this one ^_^.

Suzushichan
01-03-2004, 10:42 AM
I can bring DDR!!! ^_^

Firefox
01-03-2004, 12:58 PM
Looking forward to it already! Good thing it's practically across the street from me!

Sexy Leopard
01-03-2004, 01:38 PM
This looks like alot of fun! I'm looking forward to this event!

katchoo
01-03-2004, 04:41 PM
That's going to be great!! I can totally go because that's after the season! weeee! Thanks for planning it admin!

Aya Frost
01-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Hmm, I've really become interested in cosplaying and stuff like this, So I was wondering, do you have to pay and/or reserve for it? And also do you cosplay to these this? Or is it a get together for all anime/game fans?

~Aya

Admin
01-03-2004, 06:02 PM
I forgot to post, it's free but there is a $4 per car parking fee. Also, people are asked to bring their own food. There are 4 BBQ pits to grill with, so we should be able to have a few people cooking food in turns while everyone else is just hanging out.

It's cosplay-oriented but cosplay isn't required. Of course, we'd like to have most people cosplay if they're coming, otherwise it wouldn't be a "cosplay picnic". :)

JoeBoeing
01-03-2004, 09:00 PM
COOL! I loved last years!

Can anyone give me a ride? I live in Oxnard... just 40 min south of Santa Barbara. I can pay 20-30 bucks for gas funds. I'll also pay the parking fee.

If I can get a ride I should be able to bring chicken for the BBQ and soda.

I'll definitly have my Gypsy costume done for this.

EDIT: I just read that we can have sound... I can bring a karaoke machine if I get my replacement (I should have it in a couple weeks) but I only have 2 mics.

From,
Joe

Knight_Survive
01-03-2004, 09:15 PM
when? when? when!!!!!!! I cant not live without BBQ!!!!!!!!!!! ;_;

Mink
01-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Yippeeee! I LOVED the last one and I am uber excited about this one. Hopefully I will be here...I may be in New Mexico because its on my spring break. But we shall see. Any chance we are going to have a Cosplay.com campout ver.2?

JoeBoeing
01-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Knight Survive- If you read the 1st post you'd see:

"April 17, 2004
Mason Regional Park
Irvine, California."

From,
Joe

Mink - Please come... I want a good pic of you in your Kagome costume.

Knight_Survive
01-03-2004, 10:25 PM
ahh!! Danka-shane Joe! :) (marks date)

Miaka No Baka
01-03-2004, 11:18 PM
sounds interesting right now it's too early but we'll see as it gets closer to the date. I might finally have a job by then (heck I'd sure hope so) and i may or may not have to work then so we shall see ^_^; as far as costume wise, sure I'll cosplay, as what dunno yet ^_^

Miaka no Baka

CinsAngel
01-03-2004, 11:39 PM
YAY! Another Picnic! I might actually have my Eowyn costume done by then! or..something *laughs* WOO!
Cins

Freya
01-04-2004, 01:51 AM
YAY! Another Picnic! I might actually have my Eowyn costume done by then! or..something *laughs* WOO!
Cins

DUDE! IF you have Eowyn I'm SO Being Frodo...but a newer Frodo...hehe *currently in works*
but in general I'll see if I can make it, that's cutting it close to when finals are.

CinsAngel
01-04-2004, 02:31 PM
DUDE! IF you have Eowyn I'm SO Being Frodo...but a newer Frodo...hehe *currently in works*
but in general I'll see if I can make it, that's cutting it close to when finals are.

Ack! I hope you can make it then! I love having partners in crime!! =D I should have my Eowyn dress done since my last semester is going to be a nice light one:)

Cins

Silver Minx
01-04-2004, 04:25 PM
oo00oo...
I never went to last year's one, seeing as I've only recently moved to CA.
I suppose it'd be dang funny if I were to catch a train to the picnic in my Ruby Moon cosplay... I'd get funny looks... Poked... Laughed at... Interrogated...

Yep! Sounds good to me! ^^ My food and self are there!

Freya
01-04-2004, 06:07 PM
Ack! I hope you can make it then! I love having partners in crime!! =D I should have my Eowyn dress done since my last semester is going to be a nice light one:)

Cins

Lucky you, I'm gonna HATE This upcoming semester (starts Wednesday for me). But yeah, partners in crime! Heck, weren't we at the previous picnic with Cowboy bebop? LOL

Kikari
01-04-2004, 07:53 PM
well count me in, irvine's about 30 minutes away from my house and i missed the last cosplay picnic..might as well go to this one :3

doragon
01-04-2004, 10:16 PM
OH! coolies, now I have info about this one.. I missed the last one. I'd love to come! Now.. what to cosplay.. hrm *ponders*

Suzushichan
01-04-2004, 10:49 PM
I'll Debut My UTENA costume!!! XD

RoseDuelist
01-05-2004, 04:08 PM
This may be my last event with the so cal group for a long time. I'll be leaving for college either to the bay area or New Orleans about 3 or 4 months after that... ;_; Count me in... lol.. I'll be sayin' my fairwells for a while. *cries* But yeah.. at least I'll get to meet the bay area peeps shortly afterwords. ^_^

YuffieK
01-06-2004, 12:22 AM
I hope i can go....irvine (heheh...irvine [ffviii]) is like 9 hours from my house...:( can i hitch a ride with anyone?...anyone?.... :lost:

Tetsugyu
01-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Well, well, well. Another Cosplay Picnic eh? Sounds like a KICK ASS Plan to me! You can count me in! I have no idea what costume to debut there, but I know one thing: I'll be brining out Pimp$ugyu, for last years Picnic was when I truley debuted the Pimp$ugyu costume. I hope to bring my buddies TygoJ, Taisou, and the mysteriously unknown to cosplay.com - Jimkaider!

Glad to see some of you making a return apperance, and some of you new faces too! Rock on and don't forget to bring the Rocket Sauce.

Iori E
01-06-2004, 01:52 AM
The picnic sounds fantastic! But I don't know if I can wait 3 months. :o
Better start twiddlin' my thumbs. Or perhaps work on my costumes, maybe that's a good idea...

Rogue Marvel
01-06-2004, 03:38 PM
I heard last years was a blast and I really want to try to make it this year.

Guess I should start working on some costumes

Admin
01-06-2004, 05:11 PM
For everyone cosplaying, we promise to have a couple of changing tents this year. Small ones (those stand-up tents that are just big enough to fit one person), but changing tents nonetheless.

Tenshi
01-06-2004, 10:07 PM
I would absolutely love to go. I don't have any other con engagements until AX, so I'm sure I'll be in con withdrawal by then XD. Aaaannnnnd. . .it's right before my birthday, so I might be able to talk my bf into going with me ^^. Only problem is, we would need to find a place to stay.

I'm not familiar with Irvine -- can anyone direct me to a hotel that's 1) close, and 2) inexpensive? Any help is very appreciated ^_^.

Knight_Survive
01-06-2004, 10:24 PM
hmm...is anyone from the SD Christmas group going? ^^;

Sexy Leopard
01-06-2004, 11:12 PM
ME! i'm going! this looks like alot of fun.

Yunierei
01-07-2004, 12:16 AM
I wanna go but I need a ride ^.^;;;;

Asukas~Doll
01-07-2004, 12:27 AM
I want to go as well but I might need a ride too.. ^_^;;

Maybe I can talk my mom into it but... she's stubborn and would rather just sit at home rather than take me anywhere....u_u;

Chantť
01-07-2004, 11:51 AM
YES! I live in Irvine, and this time I can go!!!

I'm not familiar with Irvine -- can anyone direct me to a hotel that's 1) close, and 2) inexpensive? Any help is very appreciated ^_^.

Hotels suck here. Most are like $80 and over. -_- But La Quinta Inns tend to be the most inexpensive, with the most bang for your buck.
http://www.lq.com/lq/index.jsp

Most nearby and inexpensive: La Quinta Inn in Old Town Irvine, $70 for two doubles
To get to Mason from here, ride east to Jeffrey, make a left on Jeffrey and then just follow it down for a few miles.

There's also a La Quinta Inn for cheaper - $60.00 - closer to the airport but farther from the park. (And not in Irvine)
All you'd need to do is drive south on the 405 for a few miles, get off on Culver, turn right, and follow it until you hit the park.

Expedia.com is a great resource. ^^

Admin
01-07-2004, 01:18 PM
I want to go as well but I might need a ride too.. ^_^;;

Maybe I can talk my mom into it but... she's stubborn and would rather just sit at home rather than take me anywhere....u_u;

A few parents went last year, if that's any consolation for her. It's a great park to just bring a book and read at, and I saw a couple of moms doing that last time around.

Admin
01-07-2004, 01:20 PM
We'll put up a rides forum and some hotel info soon. It's right next to the college campus so there's bound to be quite a few hotels to choose from. I'm thinking the event will be something like 10am to 8pm.

Miaka No Baka
01-07-2004, 02:24 PM
wow a long event! hehe looks fun, am looking forward to it now. Are we doing a pot luck type thing or do we have to bring our own food to feed ourselves? Or the clever chip in $5 or whatever and someone buys enough food with that to feed everyone?

Miaka no Baka

Admin
01-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Still undecided on the food part, we'll probably do a combination of both this year. We'll start a list closer to the picnic date.

RoseDuelist
01-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Oh no Suzushi! lol! I'm working on my Utena costume too! :thumbsup: I'm doing the movie version though. How about you? If you are doing the same version I'll bump up one of my costumes so we aren't the same. If not, we can represent two different versions.. wahoo! ^_^

Asuka~Doll- I am taking you and Jennifer, so don't worry about that ok? By that time I'll have a license AND my van. So I got you covered. Talk to me tomorrow at lunch and we'll confirm it, k? ^_^

Asukas~Doll
01-07-2004, 05:37 PM
okey dokey! *glomps rose* you're my bestest friend that will soon have the proper equipment to take your friends everywhere.

So then we'll talk tomorrow. See ya then!

RuthlessJS
01-07-2004, 07:36 PM
sounds like fun...
I think I might fly up from Austin for this. :)

Suzushichan
01-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Rose: I did the Original battle uniform from the first saga (since that's the only one i've seen so far!) ^_^'

Wolfgirl
01-08-2004, 06:06 PM
This may be my last event with the so cal group for a long time. I'll be leaving for college either to the bay area or New Orleans about 3 or 4 months after that... ;_; Count me in... lol.. I'll be sayin' my fairwells for a while. *cries* But yeah.. at least I'll get to meet the bay area peeps shortly afterwords. ^_^

Roseduelist your leaving? Noooooooooo ill have to glomp you at the picnic or definately go to this one:P You will be missed.

suziechan you always have the kewlest costumes cant wait to see your new ones.

DarkGunner
01-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Wootness. I shall be there! Last year was uber fun, and this year's should be even better. ^^ Can't wait to see all those familiar cosplay faces again. XP

BlueLady
01-08-2004, 07:45 PM
I'll be there.. if i can escape slave service at renne faire..

Spooky Brew
01-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Can't really state why I can't!
Cins~ Wanna do the ride arrangement thing again? That was super fun ^__^

Suzushichan
01-08-2004, 09:43 PM
suziechan you always have the kewlest costumes cant wait to see your new ones.[/QUOTE]

aw, thanx. ^_^' can't wait to see ya' guys there! XD

Reno_kun
01-09-2004, 02:19 PM
hey wait for me i will come but i need a ride first!!

RoseDuelist
01-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Suzushi- Cool then. I'm going to be the movie version. ^_~ I'm an Utena Obsesee.. lol.. I bought the wig a year ago before I even planned the costume. :D

Wolfgirl- Yeah, I might be leaving. College! *cry* But I'll be back down every summer for AX hopefully. Good thing: I'll be closer to Yaoi-con.. XD *does a happy dance*

Asuka- Love you too. ^_~ *hug*

Medic
01-10-2004, 02:01 PM
ANOTHER COSPLAY PICNIC!!! I love to go, last year was really fun, *sign* but I canít go. I would have loved to see everyone again but I cant leave the Bay Area right now, not until I finish this investigation I am involved in. An as of now it going to be a long new year. So sorry Joe I cant give you a ride or I would. Jarod I hope to see you at the Ani -magic con in 2005.

Eveil
01-11-2004, 12:41 AM
I guess I'll have to see when the event gets closer, but I'll keep it in mind! ^^

kyuuketsuki
01-11-2004, 01:23 AM
OOoooo, that park is no more then 30 minutes from my place. I missed last year cuz I was carless but I will def be there this year. Now what to wear??

Ura-Kou
01-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Hmmm... sounds like alot of fun ^_^

I'll try to make it up there for sure.

Vani
01-11-2004, 06:05 PM
i will DEFINATELY try to make it, especially since Irvine is REALLY close to me! I didn't go to last years but it looked like everyone had a BLAST so I can't wait for this years!!!

Nightfall
01-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Do you guys pretty much know everyone else that goes?

Tetsugyu
01-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Well most of us know each other from all the other events we've attended.

ANOTHER COSPLAY PICNIC!!! I love to go, last year was really fun, *sign* but I canít go. I would have loved to see everyone again but I cant leave the Bay Area right now, not until I finish this investigation I am involved in. An as of now it going to be a long new year. So sorry Joe I cant give you a ride or I would. Jarod I hope to see you at the Ani -magic con in 2005.

Nooooo! You have to come! I owe you 40 bucks! ><

Damn...that's way to long to wait!

Alaria
01-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Another cosplay picnic sounds wonderful ^_^ I should def be there, and if Matt isn't working he'll hopefully come too =D It'll be great to see everyone and meet lotsa new people!

Squall
01-12-2004, 07:58 AM
w00t w00t w00t!! I'll definitely be there as well!! >3

Tenshi
01-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Yay! It looks like I'll be going with my bf and a friend! We're going to try to get our Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne series costumes done for this event (I'll be Jeanne and my bf will be Access Time).

Thanks for the info bananaluvs ^_^. We ended up getting an offer to stay with a friend *_*.

Tetsugyu
01-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Yay! Mira, Wayne and possibly Matt will be comming! Awesome!

I'll try and bring Jim, Nathan and Kris.

Daitenshi
01-13-2004, 02:19 AM
=O
I'm so there!

Tiirz
01-13-2004, 02:39 AM
Oh, finally, one I should be able to actually get to! (knock wood) If nothing happens in the meantime, we'll be there! Not sure if I'll have any of my AX costumes done by then, but I can always pull together some EGA outfits...

I won't promise rides until closer too the event, as I don't want to leave anyone hanging if work conflicts, but we're coming from Hollywood and could fit two more if they don't mind climbing into the backseat of a Jeep Wrangler. :toothy:

CinsAngel
01-15-2004, 12:06 AM
oh Cool! Changing tents! I might bring my Hogwarts Uniform too since I need pics of that..I only have two..and not very good ones *L* A good excuse to reamake my robe.

Spooky>. SURE! Lets Ride share again! I can take you and Kusanagi as well. We'll get slurpies! It'll be fun! :drink:

Tetsugyu>*L* If Duck comes, we'll be wanting some glompin, dangit;)

Cins

Tetsugyu
01-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Awww...do I have to Cins??

*grumble* LOL. See you guys there. TO THE EXTREME!

Sana-chan
01-15-2004, 07:17 AM
Oh that's awesome about the changing tents ^_^. I'm going to be bringing 2 costumes this time around, then XD.

YuffieK
01-15-2004, 10:29 PM
i'm despretly seeking a ride to the picnic!!!! i live in hollister california (near the bay area) and i would REALLY apriciate if some nice person could take me ^_^ .....

Arisugawa Juri
01-17-2004, 03:21 PM
I'd love to attend, but I'm not certain as to how scheduling will work out. I should have returned from New York by then.. nonetheless, I'll need a ride down. Ho hum. There's still time.

duck
01-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Awesome! I am SO there.

What I'll be dressed as, I have no idea...

Yes, Cindy! Much Jarod glompyness shall ensue!

Tetsugyu
01-18-2004, 07:27 PM
AWESOME! Jarod feels loved. :D

Emiko
01-18-2004, 10:07 PM
I'm coming to the picnic! I'll be the one in the bright pink dress with the cowboy hat. (ie, Mimi from Digimon) :)

Gatack
01-22-2004, 02:54 AM
XD Yeeee Haaaa! I'm so there, last year I went, but it was a bit of a bust due to reasons beyond my control.This year though nothing's gonna stop me!

What costume though......Zorro, Mayura or Hikaru.....hmmmmm

We'll just have to see

K_Valentine
01-22-2004, 10:50 AM
It'll be more difficult to arrive this year than last year due to the new location, but I'll see what I can do to get myself over here.

Hmm, changing tents will make things, but I may just do what I did last year if I find it more comfy and faster.

Daitenshi
01-24-2004, 05:20 PM
I'd love to attend, but I'm not certain as to how scheduling will work out. I should have returned from New York by then.. nonetheless, I'll need a ride down. Ho hum. There's still time.

I'll give you a ride! =D
The world needs more pictures of Juri~

Sagara-san
01-25-2004, 03:49 AM
I'm gonna definitley be there. I'll be debuing my newest cosplay thats meant for AX, and I'll also bring the Luffy......without the humongerous beard like last year....more authentic Luffy is better Luffy.

Mink: I'm bringing the Apples Apples.

Jarod: Please bring the BR soundtrack and one medium white BR shirt.

Yuna: I'm bringing your late birthday gift to the picnic since you couldn't be at J-con.

Sana-chan: Since your birthday is in April I will bring you a gift too.

I hope y'all like my new cosplay for 2004.

Man, this is gonna take forever till my month of April to show up.

allyunion
01-29-2004, 10:42 PM
If anyone from Riverside needs a ride, I'll be happy to give one.

Mandy Mitchell
01-31-2004, 01:29 AM
It'll bring back my good ol' memories of UCIrvine. I used to collect water samples there for my Ecology class. Anyways I know what costume I'm bringing!

chibi_kitsune
01-31-2004, 03:00 AM
Sounds fun, if i go i'll see if a can one of my friends to go.

Manda
02-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Yay, awesome. This is just up the street from me...hopefully I won't be out of the country like I was last year.

allyunion
02-04-2004, 02:55 AM
Hmm... *ponders to get takeout from Taiko*

GingerWolf
02-07-2004, 02:23 AM
OMG i would love to go to this picnic!!! I might be able to since this happens on a saturday...i'm new at cosplaying and have only went to colossal COn b4...I'll beg my mom...I live all the way in WEst Virginia... :waaaah: I'll have to fly b/c i don't think I have spring break that week

Admin
02-07-2004, 03:26 AM
So everyone knows, I'm going to attempt to have the main info page up for this before Katsucon.

Anele
02-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Irvine, eh? I would love to go... only if I can talk my friends (who also cosplay) to go as well... Though Irvine is quite a drive for us.

Just a thought... are there going to be any future Cosplay.com gatherings / picnics in the Ventura County area?

sailorpsychosis
02-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Count me in, seeing as I live 20 minutes away... I'll bring the Diet Coke! :)

Do you guys pretty much know everyone else that goes?
Don't worry Nightfall... I've been to 2 SoCal cosplay events and I still don't know anybody (but then again, it's not like I've introduced myself or participated in anything... I'm sure you'll have better luck than me;)). I'm still hoping I'll make friends with some cosplayers one of these days... :square:

GingerWolf
02-08-2004, 05:27 PM
Count me in, seeing as I live 20 minutes away... I'll bring the Diet Coke! :)

Don't worry Nightfall... I've been to 2 SoCal cosplay events and I still don't know anybody (but then again, it's not like I've introduced myself or participated in anything... I'm sure you'll have better luck than me;)). I'm still hoping I'll make friends with some cosplayers one of these days... :square:

omg omg omg omg!!!this is during my spring break!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!! :love: i'm really happy now...i still need to figure out a way there. :waaaah:

Nightfall
02-08-2004, 06:22 PM

Heh, sounds like me at a social event, but I am ganna go to the valentine day gathering. Hopefully that will be fun. Still not sure if I wanna go to the big picnic though. I just started working (really just planning out in my mind) on my first costume, mabey that will get me pumped up to go. :bigtu:

Aya Mizu
02-15-2004, 02:27 AM
I'm going to attempt to come too. I feel like a bit of a recluse for having missed so many Cosplay.com events ^^;

I have no idea about costumes at the moment. I'm starting on two so hopefully I'll have either one of them finished or I'll have my revamped Galadriel. NO real clue on what to bring at the moment though o.O

GingerWolf
02-15-2004, 06:27 PM
BAD NEWS!!!...they moved my spring break up to march *cries* this is just awful..I can't go!!!!!!

SohjiroX
02-16-2004, 11:57 PM
I'm in and bringing back Reno and makeing sure its Reno looking like, possibly also bring in another outfit to change half way through, anyone from san jose going at all? wondering because I might need a lift from san jose to it and back.

YuffieK
02-17-2004, 12:16 AM
i think i could go......? just have to wait....ho-hum. but i'll take my ff yuffs and kh yuffs!!! (and all the stolen materia, too :bigtu: )

Anele
02-18-2004, 12:18 PM
This is a long shot, but I might as well post it:

Anybody willing to give me a lift to the picnic? I live in Ventura County, about 5 minutes from the Ventura / Los Angeles County Line (on the 101). Anybody coming down from higher up the coast, or would be very generous as to pick me up?

Please let me know! This is very much appreciated by me!

I'll be bringing my FFVII Sephiroth if I could attend.

animeassault
02-19-2004, 03:10 PM
I will also try to attend. This would be my debut as a cosplayer ( I was going to debut at AX but this is closer date and sounds fun). I would give anbody close to me a ride but I do not know if I could go. I still have to ask my brother, as my mom does not like to take me anywhere.

katchoo
02-19-2004, 08:19 PM
anele I am coming from Simi, so I could probably pick you up! Let's talk closer to the date though.

patcher2
02-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Hmmm mabe I could talk Sipesh into driveing our little group there . I want to meet cha guys so much :: Pouts:: If I do come I will redo my Alexzander Andersong costume . and I will bring my world famous chilly beans and mabe if your real lucky and ask nicly I will do some world famous santa maria style BBQ

Anele
02-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Thanks a bunch, Katchoo. :D I'll keep in touch for sure!

SohjiroX
02-20-2004, 06:07 PM
now I'm at a 10% chance of going since I cant find a ride down. hmm, might not be able to make it to this after all.

vegasriff
02-21-2004, 08:12 PM
I have to say that I am uber-excited about the picnic! This will be my first cosplay event!!! I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new people!

Blake in Vegas

Anele
02-21-2004, 08:22 PM
I like your avatar, Vegas, lol *points at hers (I drew that) * Look at my profile picture, too.

xfallenangelx
02-22-2004, 12:15 AM
I have just recently joined the cosplay.com community. I'm super excited, this will be my first cosplay event. I'm so happy tp be here in so. Cali (one of my good friends lives in Irvine) and I'm about an hour away. Yay! \o/ I'm definately cosplaying, prolly Tifa from ff7 or Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi
~Anji

Sakura Shinguji
02-22-2004, 02:13 AM
Might be trying for this myself.

Anele
02-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Just in case I can't arrange things with Katchoo, can anyone else offer their services for a lift down to Irvine?

Sexy Leopard
02-24-2004, 01:34 PM
AWWWW...Tifa again! I just can't get a break! So much for being the only one...

I may have missed this earlier but how are we doing food and everything?

Anele
02-24-2004, 02:55 PM
I never knew Tifa was this popular to begin with. o.o

dianannsano
02-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Hmm.. My friends and I might be able to go. If we do go though, I'll probably bring some of my mom's famous eggrolls if it's doable (is that even a word?). Yummy!

PS. Does anybody have a guess on how many people might show up?

patcher2
02-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Egg Rolls YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :: Does the happy dance :: Um... yeah Id like to know how mny people may show up so I know bout the beans...

Spike_Spiegel
02-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Hey everyone how's it going? I very new to all this and was thinking about going to the picnic, It's a very long drive but oh well. I'm not sure if I'm going to wear a costume or just wear regular clothes. Later.

dianannsano
03-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Aw dang it! Just my luck. I have a CBEST Testing on the 17th. hmmm... Past the test to start my teaching career or go to the cosplay picnic? You guys probably already know my answer.

Haruhara_Haruko
03-03-2004, 05:38 PM
I am so coming to this! I'm a cosplay nut and I would love to come to this! I should get my club to go to this too! :love:

Haruhara_Haruko
03-03-2004, 05:39 PM
If I can make it, I'll probably do my Seras Victoria costume from Hellsing (cannon and all!) is ne1 else cosplayin Hellsing? :woah:

allyunion
03-04-2004, 06:23 AM
Again... should anyone from UCR or the surrounding area be interested in a ride, I have spots available.

Anele
03-04-2004, 09:16 AM
Speaking of rides, I am still looking for one (just in case Katchoo [sp?] can't go).

Delirium-Zer0
03-04-2004, 07:56 PM
allyunion, you can take me, right?

Tetsugyu
03-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Allyunion, if you pass by Torrance, I still need one!

Spike_Spiegel
03-05-2004, 12:08 AM
How come so many people need a ride, don't you drive?

Anele
03-05-2004, 12:39 AM
Unfortunately, I do not have a car of my own (yet).

And other bad news... Sephiroth won't be done by the Picnic, so I regret to say I cannot make it. :(

katchoo
03-05-2004, 01:18 AM
I will be at the picnic still. ^_^ can't wait!

Tetsugyu
03-05-2004, 02:55 AM
When you're up to your nose in credit card debt, have an anime obsession, and are a cosplayer, it's very hard to afford car insurance. Especially for a car that doesn't run.

allyunion
03-05-2004, 06:23 AM
allyunion, you can take me, right?

Yes, of course.

Allyunion, if you pass by Torrance, I still need one!

Sorry, Torrance is completely out of my way. I'm coming from Riverside.

For all you Inland Empire Drivers:
91 W
55 S
405 S
Take the CULVER DR exit.
Turn RIGHT onto CULVER DR.
Turn RIGHT onto UNIVERSITY DR.

For anyone from the Inland Empire swinging by a Japanese Restaurant called Taiko for takeout... :P (Such as myself):
91 W
55 S
5 S
Take the exit toward JEFFREY RD.
Turn RIGHT onto WALNUT AVE.
Turn LEFT onto JEFFREY RD.

Then exit the same way you came, toward the railroad tracks... (Southwest direction)
JEFFREY RD becomes UNIVERSITY DR.
Then you end at the park.

So... anyone who wants good sushi and/or sashimi, Taiko is an excellent place to go, that I recommend.

Taiko's address is at: 14775 Jeffrey Rd, Irvine
And to note, the park's address is: 18712 University Dr, Irvine

Sexy Leopard
03-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Is the Picnic Potluck? Or are we supposed to eat before? I think we need to start putting for definete answers to things because this is only like a month away. Like if it is potluck whos bringing what and such.

p.s. Who's going as what? I'm Going as Tifa (FF7)

vegasriff
03-05-2004, 11:49 PM
I am driving in from Vegas hopefully with my Irvine Kinneas costume all done! Yep, gonna be Irvine IN Irvine! :)

allyunion
03-06-2004, 06:01 AM
Is the Picnic Potluck? Or are we supposed to eat before? I think we need to start putting for definete answers to things because this is only like a month away. Like if it is potluck whos bringing what and such.

p.s. Who's going as what? I'm Going as Tifa (FF7)

I think the Admin said to bring your own food at the first post. You cosplay, you eat at the picnic with your own food... and you have fun.

Moon Prince
03-06-2004, 02:28 PM
I am going to make it this year!! Yeah...

I have to get my stuff together... my new costumes that is... heh.

HowlinMadMurphy
03-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Hey, only 42 days left!! :o Heh. I'm totally stoked about this event! It'll be nice to have a smaller group of people (as opposed to the bustling atmosphere of a con).
I'll probably be bringing KH Yuffie v2.0 and a Kirika costume :]
I'll find out closer to event-time if I'll be able to give some rides, and post again (though I won't be going very far from my area, and you'll have to contribute gas moneys and huggles.)

Anele
03-07-2004, 12:43 PM
*looks at date of Picnic* Whoa, wait a minute... April 17th?? I must have misread the date! I thought it was earlier in April! XD

Sephiroth may be ready by then! I may be able to go after all! :D

If Sephy's not ready, who wants to see another Final Fantasy VIII Irvine? ^_~

Moon Prince
03-07-2004, 01:54 PM
@_@ Ijust read the whole thread...

SohjiroX- is that still an iffy?
Haruhara_Haruko- I'm going to bring at least one of my Hellsing costumes.
Tetsugyu- don't confirm it yet, but there is a possibility that I could drive. It will depend on several things... among who is going. (SohjiroX and Pip)

Kusanagi
03-08-2004, 06:14 PM
I'll be bringing Sanosuke, Yoko Kurama, and :possibly: Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth if I can get it finished.

By the way Kyle, not sure if you covered this, but if I come as Sanosuke and Sephiroth I will have the big assed swords with me. Is there some sort of weapons policy you are establishing for this thing? I wouldn't think the weapons would be a problem since they are comically oversized and Matt brought his Buster Sword last year without any problems...

Sagara-san
03-09-2004, 08:49 PM
I found this bakery where I can get STEAMED BUNS......so I'm gonna bring lotsa dat........my cosplay will be ready by then......I was also curious to Kusanagi's question cuz I wanna bring my sword too......if I can get the blade removed......I'm gonna bring the Luffy too....I haves to bring it........I might bring lotsa IBC drinks too......

this picnic is gonna be ROCKIN!

Miyazawa
03-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Well, darn. I'll still be in Memphis for my job training. Otherwise I'd be able to fly over to CA and join you all.

Moon Prince
03-13-2004, 02:51 AM
I'm still debating on which costumes I want to bring... I'd like to try to get my Navy Thunder done for the picnic so i can get some really nice picutres of it... but I need to be saving my money for a couple of trips I want to take.. and I need to buy a few more things for it..

Not to mention I want to make my jezail for Rip Van Winkle.

xfallenangelx
03-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Question? Is there an official time for the picnic or is it whenever to whenever?
~Anji

Anele
03-18-2004, 11:03 AM
*tries to think* I don't remember anything being mentioned about the time this is being held (then again, it's the morning + I'm on campus = brain not working XD ). I have a feeling something was said though.

Sana-chan
03-18-2004, 04:39 PM
They said it'd start at 10am. I'm not sure when it'd end, tho.

Tetsugyu
03-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Well isn't that sweet. I might just be getting a ride from Kris, if I bring the Gang. Gotta ask them first. Can't wait to see you all there.

Admin
03-20-2004, 02:13 PM
*tries to think* I don't remember anything being mentioned about the time this is being held (then again, it's the morning + I'm on campus = brain not working XD ). I have a feeling something was said though.
We have the place from 10am to dusk, so all day. I'll be posting a schedule once we get back from Reccacon. Tentatively the only thing that really needs scheduling is the group photo, and I'm thinking that'll be at 3pm or so to make sure most people are there.

Anele
03-20-2004, 09:55 PM
Thanks Kyle! ^^ I really hope I can make it!

On a side note, are you guys ever going to hold a Cosplay.com picnic closer to the Ventura County Area in the future? I guess one of the reasons I ask this is because Irvine is kind of far, and for a cosplayer located in this county (like me), it's going to be a bit tough to get out there for this year. Just wondering! :D

stefaniecat
03-20-2004, 11:51 PM
Just in case anyone was currious, here's the park's website: http://www.ocparks.com/masonpark/

I've calendared the event, am hoping to go (and come in a costume that works with the weather... ::crosses fingers::) and just need to convince my boyfrend to come with me...

One question though: park rules state that there are to be no posession of firearms or discharge of firearms - how do you guys bring gun props to something like this? Or do you not?

This will be my first event (never even done a con yet) so I'm kinda excited... and I plan to bring my camera :dance:

Kusanagi
03-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Kyle, I ask again ^_^ Any policy on weapons or props?

Dang, I'll see if I can be there, but that means I would have to leave by 2:30 to get to work on time. I don't want to miss this, but I won't be there for the group photo.

Admin
03-22-2004, 02:42 AM
Kyle, I ask again ^_^ Any policy on weapons or props?

Dang, I'll see if I can be there, but that means I would have to leave by 2:30 to get to work on time. I don't want to miss this, but I won't be there for the group photo.

Zero weapons, sorry. It's a public park, subject to the same rules you'd have in any public place.

Admin
03-22-2004, 02:45 AM
Thanks Kyle! ^^ I really hope I can make it!

On a side note, are you guys ever going to hold a Cosplay.com picnic closer to the Ventura County Area in the future? I guess one of the reasons I ask this is because Irvine is kind of far, and for a cosplayer located in this county (like me), it's going to be a bit tough to get out there for this year. Just wondering! :D

No other picnic is planned for this year, but since we're moving to Las Vegas this week we'll probably start having events in the northern LA area from time to time. We may move the campout up there this year as well, seeing as last year's location burned down in the San Diego fire.

Tenshi
03-22-2004, 09:05 AM
I didn't know you were moving here. Welcome to Las Vegas! ::waves sparkly gaudy neon banner::

SohjiroX
03-22-2004, 03:36 PM
Is there anyone coming from San jose to Irvine at all? Looking for a ride for me and my friend. Can anyone help out?

Sagara-san
03-23-2004, 03:53 AM
Zero weapons, sorry. It's a public park, subject to the same rules you'd have in any public place.

Well thats alright....I just cant wait till the day of.

Rey-Rey
03-24-2004, 01:19 PM
I MAY stop by. Depends on what kind of biz I have to take care of. ^__^ v

Richii
03-25-2004, 04:13 PM
I think I might try to come! Nessa hath intreged me with a surprise, but I donno. I hope I make it. Im always scard to come to these things because I dont know if Ill know people and I dont wanna be a loner LOL *slams head on desk* But chances are I will come down for it!

DarkGunner
03-25-2004, 05:44 PM
Well holy shenanigans and a half, Im uber excited for dis, last year's was funtascular and Im sure this year's will be as well. Im pretty sure I can make it. *panics* Don't know which costume though. :P

Kusanagi
03-27-2004, 12:47 AM
What about comically oversized props? At last year's picnic, the Gunblade, Bustersword, and 2 Brotherhoods didn't cause a problem...

Moon Prince
03-27-2004, 02:17 AM
well, even if I were to get my Jezail done in time... it looks like my Rip Van Winkle will be weaponless...

I will have to get my fangs though..

stefaniecat
03-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Speaking of weapons.... what about squirt guns? :) It looks like I'll probably be doing a Resident Evil them cosplay with my boyfriend for this and what is a STARS agent without his/her gun anyway? Of course, the squirt gun won't look nearly as cool as the airsoft gun that was intended for the costume look... but if its hot...

A tad off topic... but since we did mention weapons, I know that cons have their own policies on them as well - do most people just not bring in the fake guns that look really real these days?

Kitty
03-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Admin hi hiiii!

What time does it take place?

Tetsugyu
03-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Yay! Kitty's coming! Hey, call me sometime. I've left messages. See ya there!

Admin
03-31-2004, 12:42 PM
Speaking of weapons.... what about squirt guns? :) It looks like I'll probably be doing a Resident Evil them cosplay with my boyfriend for this and what is a STARS agent without his/her gun anyway? Of course, the squirt gun won't look nearly as cool as the airsoft gun that was intended for the costume look... but if its hot...

A tad off topic... but since we did mention weapons, I know that cons have their own policies on them as well - do most people just not bring in the fake guns that look really real these days?
Absolutely no guns are allowed on the park premises, real or fake.

Admin
03-31-2004, 12:50 PM
The main info is now up on the site: http://www.cosplay.com/picnic.php

patcher2
03-31-2004, 03:32 PM
sadly I can not come to this anymore I am at a loss of cash and a ride (I got let go from work :( ) Have fun guys...

dEmEnTeDcHiCkEn
03-31-2004, 09:13 PM
I hope I can go, I'll probably wear my Naota costume (real working bass guitar! Huzzah!). I'll also bring my gamecube... For self play, if need be, but I'll be happy to lend some games if anyone wants to play (aside from what is already supplied, I will bring Soul Calibur II and perhaps Metal Arms. Oh yeah, and Ikaruga.)

dEmEnTeDcHiCkEn
03-31-2004, 09:21 PM
And with the weapons policy... I doubt my bass guitar will be considered a weapon (as long as I don't swing it around). Can I bring it?

dEmEnTeDcHiCkEn
03-31-2004, 09:26 PM
No other picnic is planned for this year, but since we're moving to Las Vegas this week we'll probably start having events in the northern LA area from time to time. We may move the campout up there this year as well, seeing as last year's location burned down in the San Diego fire.

Northern LA? Hot damn! Finally, somewhere close to home!

Tevina
04-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Yall should have one in Frisco...XD...just a thought. heheheh, :thumbsup:

Yuna
04-05-2004, 01:53 AM
dEmEnTeDcHiCkEn: PLEASE, stop double and tripple posting. If you want to add or change something in a SINGLE post, edit it. It is incredibly annoying when someone posts two, and in your case, THREE times in a row.

LiL QoH
04-05-2004, 06:53 PM
W000000t!!!!!! Finally some test subjects to test my canon rebel on! w0000t! :D

Reaver
04-06-2004, 01:47 AM
Well, I didn't come to last year's picnic, but I hope that I get to meet a bunch of people! Thats the main reason why I cosplay! ^_^

Sagara-san
04-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Just to let y'all know, I'm gonna see Kill Bill vol.2 at the Puente Hills Mall after the picnic. If anyone wants to go with me just let me know cuz I'm going no matter what. Best to just PM me or let me know at the picnic.

Reaver
04-10-2004, 09:04 PM
That sounds fuN! I might take u up on that offer if my bro wants to go see it!!! XD

Sagara-san
04-12-2004, 03:02 AM
Well I got one person interested....if anyone else wants to go I have to buy the tickets in advance for a certain time for this coming Saturday so we can see it together.