PDA

View Full Version : gah your hair yuki judai ><

fujyoshi
01-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Ok so I figured I'd ask around for advice in this area since I tried dying 2 wigs already and failed. One wig was kinda a cheap wig from holloween city during october last year and the other was a kanekalon orange wig which surprisingly DIDN'T take the brown hair dye <,< Should I get a blond wig and dye that or just get a wig thats already done? I got everything else and I need ta know within 2 weeks from now because I'll be attending a cosplay event of sorts.

Starlit Rose
01-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Just as a general rule, synthetic fiber wigs (ie. kanekalon) will NOT take hair dye like actual human hair. Synthetic wigs are basically just plastic, so you have to treat them differently. Most people use the Sharpie dye (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=82947&highlight=sharpie)method. I would suggest you take a wig in the color of the lighter half (that orange-brown color) and use darker brown Sharpies to dye the darker underside. The process only takes a day or two, so as long as you can get a wig in time, it should not take you long. Just follow the instructions in that thread I linked and you should easily be on your way.

fujyoshi
01-23-2012, 04:27 PM
ok thanks :D I'll keep that in mind

Ludger03
01-23-2012, 04:44 PM
You can also used the FW ink dye. I buy those inks at Dick Blick art stores.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=57484

Recipe:

8 full squeezes of ink Of your choice (into a spray bottle)
1 cup 70% rubbing alcohol

(only do this much at one time in order to not delude ink color to much)

This creates enough pure pigment wig dye to evenly coat one side of a medium to long wig. Of course larger wigs will need more dye mixed.

To darken or lighten dye, ad 2 to 3 squeezes of black or white ink.

GaijinXSmash
02-07-2012, 01:04 AM
Are you trying to have both of the colors? For Jaden's hair, I would get 2 wigs and combine them. If you want to be cheaper, get a lighter brown wig, and then a marker that's the shade of brown you want and color in the ends. It's cheaper and saves more time, but be warned that it can smell pretty bad if you use sharpie xD