PDA

View Full Version : No Blizzcon 2012? =(

moldycheese
01-25-2012, 09:36 AM
http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/blog/4338369/2012_Battlenet_World_Championship_Event-1_25_2012

Dang... I wasn't able to finish this year and was going to have my costume ready for next QQ

:blubber::blubber::blubber::blubber::blubber:

Aerlyn
01-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Well, there goes my mid-fall vacation plans. How disappointing.

Spiritwalker
01-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Oh darn it. I was going to be able to go this year, first timer too. Looks like I have to change my sig...

Reformed Tomboy
01-25-2012, 02:20 PM
On the one hand I was looking forward to Blizzcon this year (as always), but on the other hand, I now don't have to worry about coming up with an idea, paying for it, and making it until next year. This year is just too busy for me, so I'm actually kind of glad about this.

Cjiadon
01-25-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm actually glad there is no Blizzcon this year. I have already been wondering what they could announce as big bad news without having to officially announce Titan, which I don't think they are ready to. So basically I pretty much agree with what Bashiok posted on the forums regarding the reasoning behind the decision.

My wallet is thankful too as I am moving early this summer and don't even know how to pay for that yet, much less con and costume. >.>

Irarenovo
01-25-2012, 04:53 PM
hmmmmm i really wanted to do 2 conventions this year tho >.>;

can anyone recommend one around sept-nov? im on the east coast :0 but will travel

Syrinx
01-25-2012, 07:08 PM
i am soooooo disappointed by this. i didn't get to go to last years, and i have been excited for this year since literally the day i wasn't able to get tickets to '11. :( oh well... here's hoping i get to see blizzcon 2013 :/

Miaari
01-26-2012, 05:23 PM

can anyone recommend one around sept-nov? im on the east coast :0 but will travel

I highly recommend Dragon*Con, it's labor day weekend in Atlanta. It's a fan run con spread out over multiple host hotels so it's not the same as your typical convention center con. But lots of fans, lots of costumes, and so much fun. It's multi-genre and has a number of different tracks to cover a variety of interests. Activities go well into the night with parties and dances in addition to the panels and contests throughout the day.

http://www.dragoncon.org

Spiritwalker
01-26-2012, 05:30 PM

I've been looking for a second con too, and one of them I've been researching, DragonCon (http://dragoncon.org/), might be something (it's on Labor Day weekend). It's pretty well established and seems like it has a lot of attendees. They are also establishing some kind of airfare discount which interested me (though since I am in Indy a bus might work, I am debating many things about it).

I am a bit overwhelmed by the fact that it's January and most of the main hotels are full already though. Most of the overflow hotels are still open but I don't want to make a decision too quickly and have something else I'd like more come along. I know someone heading to AnimeCentral who I could split hotel fare with, but that's in April and I doubt my costume would be completely done by then. There's other smaller cons like Origins in Ohio near me, but I am spoiled by larger cons and their all night something is going on situations. And there's cons I don't even know about yet and blah blah blah. Be back later, head spinning a bit...:schitzo:

Logia1300
01-27-2012, 10:03 AM
On the one hand I was looking forward to Blizzcon this year (as always), but on the other hand, I now don't have to worry about coming up with an idea, paying for it, and making it until next year. This year is just too busy for me, so I'm actually kind of glad about this.

I feel the same way, I wanted to attend my first Blizzcon this year but now I'm a bit disappointed that it's been pushed back. However the costume I had planned for it would not have been able to be completed this year so it gives me plenty of time to get it done.

Irarenovo
01-28-2012, 06:36 AM
yeah it looks like dragon con might be a good one. planning on doing conneticon in july so if they're too close I can just wear some of the same costumes >.<

since we can drive maybe I can do Tyreal AND a zerg queen....... ok ok maybe thats too much lols

AnimeGamer
01-28-2012, 08:25 PM
It's a bit of a bummer that I don't get to see some of you folks this year. I guess the good side though is that I don't have to drop $600+ on BlizzCon though (Hotel, Booze, Ticket, Merch, Food).

And maybe we'll really see some amazing Blizzard-related cosplay in 2013.