PDA

View Full Version : Portal 2 Socks - Cheesy?

ayimera
02-01-2012, 10:31 AM
So I dropped a good amount of money on a Portal Gun kit, and I started thinking about the longfall boots - what an engineering nightmare. I have a general idea, but I have a lot of other things on my plate and don't know if I can muster up the courage to walk around a convention in 4-inch heels. Would the Portal socks by J!NX (http://www.jinx.com/p/portal_2_long_fall_socks.html) be a terrible cop-out? As a cosplay community, I need your advice on if this would be a lame plan B!

borzou
02-06-2012, 09:56 PM
So I dropped a good amount of money on a Portal Gun kit, and I started thinking about the longfall boots - what an engineering nightmare. I have a general idea, but I have a lot of other things on my plate and don't know if I can muster up the courage to walk around a convention in 4-inch heels. Would the Portal socks by J!NX (http://www.jinx.com/p/portal_2_long_fall_socks.html) be a terrible cop-out? As a cosplay community, I need your advice on if this would be a lame plan B!

You could wear white hi-tops and I know I wouldn't judge you. :bigtu:

Zhor'Fughakee
02-25-2012, 01:35 AM
I'M currently making the same cosplay as you, and I bought some black ( bleh -.- ) heel boots, they aren't that high, just perfect ! I'll make a white boot cover, the stilts and yup... you can do the same if you want, the heels are a detail, don't worry about that :) because walking like Chell all day long can be very painful !

Hakkari
03-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Walking around in socks on a convention floor just isn't practical or safe. If you step on a nail or something, it will hurt and you'd possibly get infected.

Honestly, I completely botched the boots. I already had a pair of white boots that I just cut up and electrical taped to give it the design. The heel springs were made from cardboard, coat hangers, and electrical tape (laugh all you want to, I know I'm cheap =P ). In pictures, because I taped up the back heel, it doesn't really look like its there if you angle it the right way.