PDA

View Full Version : Selling anime on Ebay (not an advertisement)?

Kellie
11-04-2002, 09:23 AM
So, I think I might have some anime I want to sell and get extra money. If I want to put them on ebay, how would I know how much to let them go for price wise? I know usually subbed anime is a bit more expensive than dubbed anime. Anyone have any suggestions, or should I simply post on the spam board and try and sell them on here? ;)

Koumori
11-04-2002, 09:25 AM
I would suggest you monitor auctions of similar items on ebay for a few days and see what prices used (I assume) anime is going for, and then set your prices accordingly.

SleepingKirby
11-04-2002, 10:00 AM
I think the age of subs being more expensive than dubs have died with the age of DVD's. But if it's VHS, I would plan to sell it at 3-10 dollars. DVD used, around 15-25 dollars per. Basically, knock ten dollars off the retail price. But that's how I price things so...

Kellie
11-04-2002, 10:13 AM
Thanks! I'll keep both in mind! And.. in order to sell things on Ebay you just need to sign up right? *has NEVER used ebay before*

SleepingKirby
11-04-2002, 10:15 AM
Beats me. :p *gets whacked with a waddle dee* Something having to do with signup, signing contracts and stuff, I think. You know, just so you know your rights, the rules and make sure you can't sue EBay and reduce your chances of getting sued and stuff. *Who is this "sue" character and why is she so popular?*

Rosiel
11-04-2002, 10:17 AM
> in order to sell things on Ebay you just need to sign up right?

You need to have a CC on file too...

Cassandra
11-04-2002, 10:18 AM
From what I hear, there's people that won't really buy from ebay newbies. I tried to do a couple auctions to raise convention funds and got nothing. There's people that won't buy from you unless you have a feeback rating of 10 so you can do the "Buy It Now!" option, though if you want to shell out $5 more for that you can skip the feedback thing.

I may just be jaded because the stuff I was selling was stuff that people wanted me to just GIVE away. But when it came to buying it....nope, not one single bid.

Celine
11-04-2002, 11:05 AM
Ebay is a very fickle place. You never know what people will be willing to pay. Sometimes I'll see an item I want go for $40, sometimes the same item will be $250. I guess it depends on who is checking Ebay at the time and how wealthy they are.

Judging prices is very tough too. I had a near complete collection of Fushigi Yuugi pencil boards, which I started at $15, but ended up selling for $300. Insane. People go kinda nutty with Ebay, especially those last minute bidders. Having an auction which ends on a weekend is best, I think.

Getting your feedback up is really important- buyers are much happier dealing with sellers who have high positive ratings (and vice versa). There are *lots* of bums who either don't send an item or don't send payment. It sucks, but that is just how it is.