PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Kodona

monstermegs
02-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Okay, so I'm making a steampunk kodona for fan expo this year. It's my first time doing kodona so I'm kinda nervous and I want to get it right. First thing I want to know is it alright to wear a short sleeve blouse with a vest since its going to be in August? And secondly I'm doing an upper middle class feel due to my steampunk intertwined with it. So can I have more tonal colours like gray, brown and black together? Please deal with my newbieness... Thanks!

Mehdia
02-07-2012, 12:39 AM
Short sleeves are fine for steampunk. As is the color palate you are thinking of. Gray, black and brown are neutrals, so they can be put with anything, even each other. I myself like a splash of color in steampunk, but you don't have to do it. Upper middle class Victorians probably would have had a little color in their wardrobes, but the fun thing with steampunk is that you can do whatever you want with your character and not have to explain yourself because it's your character and steampunk is open to interpretation.

monstermegs
02-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Thank you so much!!! You are such a big help!

Mehdia
02-08-2012, 12:30 AM
No big deal. I love giving ideas/advice to people who are wanting to do a costume of their own design. It's always fun to do your own thing instead of just copying a costume already designed.