PDA

View Full Version : Eh?????

Spooky Brew
11-04-2002, 04:48 PM
I'm new to the J-pop scene, there's a whole lotta people who love it, and I'm not one of them (yet)! So, for a brand new newbie, what's a good J-rocker to start out with??
Thanks!
:juggler:
Do those look like rice balls, I do believe it's lunch!

ryuichi fangirl
11-04-2002, 04:52 PM
Weeellll, there are quite a few I would recommend...TWO-MIX, B'Z, Do As Infinity, Move (my fav), Kotani Kinya...I think that's a pretty good start...

Ayaka
11-04-2002, 06:50 PM
Do As Infinity, absolutely. I haven't met anybody who doesn't like them (yet). They really artists.

lemoned
11-04-2002, 07:02 PM
O_o;; So... do you want J ROCK or J POP? you said both.. >_>;;;

Spooky Brew
11-04-2002, 07:16 PM
Don't really matter I guess......

khamryn
11-05-2002, 02:17 AM
G..a..c...k...t

::Cheesy grin.::

Kamui Motoaki
11-05-2002, 02:18 AM
GACKTO!!
LOL

Squall-chan
11-05-2002, 02:22 AM
Yes...GACKT!!!...he's stuff with Malice Mizer is great too...I have alot that I think are good so here's a list

Siam Shade
L'Arc~en~Ciel
Glay
X Japan
Luna Sea
Uteda Hikaru

I'm not sure what they are considered but I think Weiss Kreuz is good to...

Lovelyangel_81
11-05-2002, 11:17 AM
GACKT-SAMA!!!!!!!! ^^

That's how I got started with Jrock.

lemoned
11-05-2002, 12:05 PM
-blinku- .......why does everyone like Gackt? o_______o;

avagoyle
11-10-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by lemoned
-blinku- .......why does everyone like Gackt? o_______o;

because that is how most of them get into jrock/jpop. that's how i first heard of it, when i lived in ohio.

Michi
11-10-2002, 05:22 PM
I started with... Gackt era Malice Mizer ('cause at the time I got into them.. they didn't have Klaha just yet..) and then Dir en grey. ^^; I prefer Gackt's vocals with MM than most of his pop.. unless it's Mizerable or.. yeah.

ANYWAY.

*glances at what was already mentioned* Er, Spooky Brew, Jpop and Jrock tend to be a lot different from each other.. 'cept for the groups that sit on the line between them, like Shazna and Glay.. So it depends on what you really like. I doubt many fans of bands like Dir en grey, X, and Laputa would wanna listen to stuff like Morning Musume, Hamasaki Ayumi, and KinKi Kids and etc. *cough*

Unless you have broad tastes. o_o

..Like me, sometimes. o.x

soshi
11-10-2002, 05:50 PM
I'm suprised by the number of people who get into jrock via Gackt of all people. when I got into jrock and viskei (a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...) L'arc~en~ciel and hide were the gateway artists. L'arc mainly because of that track they did for Rurouni Kenshin, and hide because... well hide just fucking rocks. ^_^;

Spooky Brew
11-10-2002, 07:30 PM
I'm probably more of a rocker person than pop, just do to all those 80's I listen to, more rock than pop....

soshi
11-10-2002, 07:39 PM
well then! :)

I'd try sampling some X Japan, and Luna Sea. they're rock (damn good rock, at that), and have something of an "80s" feel, as they're mostly from the early 90s. *lol*

also, check out hide's solo career, and hide with Spread Beaver. ^^

die-sama
11-10-2002, 11:00 PM
DIr en grey *chants*

due le quartz (broken up) , Kagerou, Raphael (broken up), Lariene (*broken up) (but still these old bands were GOOD), um Peirrot (for a lil bit of techno-ish added on), Nookicky/GuniwTools, Laputa, Lacryma christi....Noir Fluerir *is pretty good XD*, for the crazier looney crud > Psycho le Cemu... Baiser, Luna Sea/Sugizo,
(mostly visual). um Sex Machineguns...
theres some more punkish bands like Mad Capsule Market
~~
there are just tons @_@;;
nad if u get into the Visual stuff and wanna expand ur horizons. check out Korean Visual rock and Chinese visual rock (silver ash) etc :D

avagoyle
11-11-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by soshi
I'm suprised by the number of people who get into jrock via Gackt of all people. when I got into jrock and viskei (a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...) L'arc~en~ciel and hide were the gateway artists. L'arc mainly because of that track they did for Rurouni Kenshin, and hide because... well hide just fucking rocks. ^_^;

i think it's because of how much gackt stuff is out there. i used to live in ohio, which has very few jrock fans at all. other bands, like xjapan and l'arc~en~ciel, i knew of and had heard a few of their songs and listened to them and stuff, but i didn't really know of the community. then i went to ohayo con (an anime convention in ohio) and met Ren (she also goes by omi), bruce (he runs the blue sky thingee) and a few other jrock fans who introduced me into other bands and things. i became friends when ren because i recognized her as Gackt. ^^

i also think that Gackt bridges the gap more easily than l'arc~en~ciel and xjapan. i used to hate l'arc~en~ciel back when i had only heard a tiny sample of their songs. my roommate's girlfriend who is a huge fan of pop, loves gackt, but isn't a fan of anything else that some consider "jrock" (i think gackt is pop personally myself)

i also think it is gackt's great stage persona. his interviews are always entertaining. and i know for some people, the ::cough:: fanservice ::cough:: that he does is.... something they like to see.

but, putting all that aside, the main thing is he was in malice mizer. they like the pop stuff, they give the older stuff a chance. ^^

die-sama
11-11-2002, 09:50 PM
personally..i liked Malice Mizer though i dont have much to say about Gakuto ~_~
or our Okabe Satoru :X

Dawn
11-11-2002, 10:18 PM
I got into the scene through L'Arc En Ciel and GLAY ^^ I didn't know who Gackt was for awhile and people jumped me, and... educated me. ~laughs~

Beramode
11-12-2002, 04:51 AM
I've always preferred Tetsu. Gackt has an incredible voice, but he doesn't have the wild "I'm going to tear your throat out because I'm insane like that" lilt to his voice.

I think Tetsu's hotter and has better fashion, too. :D At least... back then... -_-;;

Lovelyangel_81
11-12-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Lovelyangel_81
GACKT-SAMA!!!!!!!! ^^

That's how I got started with Jrock.

Let me take back what I said. I should had said I got into Jrock with Malice Mizer. I still like Malice Mizer even though they are disbanded. ^__^

Actually, I have a Yahoo! Group called Psycho Circus' Malicer Mizer.
It is dead. No one post everything on there expect for me. ^__^

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/psychocircussmalicemizer/
Check it out! ^__^

On Sunday, I was watching NHK world...What's on Japan?
They had a group..that I can't remember the name of...I thought they are interesting.

They wear school uniform with different color..puffy hair...crap...>< I can't remember anything else. ><

avagoyle
11-12-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Beramode
I think Tetsu's hotter and has better fashion, too. :D At least... back then... -_-;;

but you'd still get-it-on with gackt! c'mon, you know you wanna!! ::wiggles::

Spooky Brew
11-12-2002, 05:48 PM
Intesting...I ask for music and I get a "who's hotter" contest! I love you guys! What cd of whose should I get first? Name some good cd titles that I can get!

Lovelyangel_81
11-12-2002, 09:00 PM
Go to:

http://www.songjapan.com

There is a lot of songs from different artists there. You can hear songs before buy the album. ^__^

(Probably some of you see this website) ^__^

die-sama
11-12-2002, 09:03 PM
the most sexay man born on earth is Kaoru and i dont want to hear anymore of it
discussion over! *gives bratty look and runs off*

soshi
11-12-2002, 09:05 PM
mmmmmmmhmmmmm.... well..... I probably COULD argue about Kaoru, but, why would I want to? ^_____^;;;

die-sama
11-12-2002, 09:38 PM
of course u dont want to cuz Die wil have a fit and enver stop buggin you with IMs stating "KAORU IS SEXY AND ADMIT IT!!!!"

*cackles*

Spooky Brew
11-12-2002, 11:24 PM
Thanks LovelyAngel!

camuimana
11-13-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Michi
I doubt many fans of bands like Dir en grey, X, and Laputa would wanna listen to stuff like Morning Musume, Hamasaki Ayumi, and KinKi Kids and etc. *cough*

Unless you have broad tastes. o_o

..Like me, sometimes. o.x

o.o;;;; i guess i'm one of those people with broad tastes *is an avid morning musume and dir en grey fan* ^_^;

Beramode
11-13-2002, 11:25 AM
I have a couple of friends that listen mostly to visual but have one or two jpop groups they just DIE over.... including morning musume... O_o;;;

My main genre of music will always be visual (although to be honest I've listened to it less and less over the years, since all the bands I loved have disbanded and I dislike most of the newer ones), but I also listen to game/anime soundtracks quite often, especially remixes.

and I listen to jpop a little, here and there... bits and pieces of US/UK music... of various genres, including pop and rap.

Lovelyangel_81
11-13-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Spooky Brew
Thanks LovelyAngel!

Your're Welcome! ^__^

avagoyle
11-13-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Beramode
I have a couple of friends that listen mostly to visual but have one or two jpop groups they just DIE over.... including morning musume... O_o;;;

i got you to like some morning musume! BWHAAHAHAHHAHA!!

Beramode
11-13-2002, 10:14 PM
You got it stuck in my head by playing it constantly.

And like I said... I like about half the song. The other half needs to be shot in the head. :X

Ceres86
11-19-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by die-chan
nad if u get into the Visual stuff and wanna expand ur horizons. check out Korean Visual rock and Chinese visual rock (silver ash) etc :D

Can you tell me sum Korean visual rock bands out there? I know EVE is one (though some would argue that they arnt -_-;;) I want to see sum korean visual rock bands!!

Im relatively new to da j-rock scene (sounds good) but from what i've heard I like Gackt and his malice mizer days so put that up for my recomendation. I havent really heard of the other bands but I'm getting there!!

For j-pop newbies i recoment hamasaki ayumi, utada hikaru, w-inds, boa, and...i cant really remember now . :p

avagoyle
11-20-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Ceres86
I want to see sum korean visual rock bands!!

most of them suck :- P you're better off staying away

cutekawaii
11-20-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by avagoyle
most of them suck :- P you're better off staying away

*nod* But if you really wanna now, Angelheart (i think its one word) is another Korean visi guy. he's trés beau....but MAN what a Mana rip off. When he first surfaces people were going NUTS.

Ava!! woohoo!! Ain't you lookin sexay in your icon!!

And yes, nekkid gackt is much, much beter.

Spooky Brew
11-20-2002, 09:27 PM
Poor Gackt! Isn't it cold out there?

cutekawaii
11-21-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Spooky Brew
Poor Gackt! Isn't it cold out there?

nekkid Gackt heats things up >D

Ceres86
11-21-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by cutekawaii
*nod* But if you really wanna now, Angelheart (i think its one word) is another Korean visi guy. he's trés beau....but MAN what a Mana rip off. When he first surfaces people were going NUTS.

Wahhh, I cant find Angelheart anywhere! do you know any website about angelheart in korean, english or wutever language. (hey there's always that translator thingy) when he first surfaced, were they going nuts as in being outraged that he was a "mana rip off" or cuz he looked like a girl or wut is it???? I want to know about this angelheart dude!!

cutekawaii
11-21-2002, 06:16 PM
There used to be like a billion English sites, but that was ages ago~ if I come across anything, I'll let you know.

cutekawaii
11-21-2002, 07:07 PM
Angelheart success!!!

I found this site: http://myhome.hananet.net/~sopiazzang/index.html

There used to be a few more sites, but I can't find them. More pics are on my site, http://moonglow.nu/nikkichan/tlsob under the Separated at Birth? section, a few pages back. 2 or 3 pics.